PDA

View Full Version : Let's Keep the Mass Hysteria Down

AngryAsian
12-04-2008, 06:40 PM
I know people are having some anxiety regarding the prospect of old Trib members who are known "drama queens" possibly coming to this site. Please let's keep the hysteria down. Seeing multiple threads that have similar themes regarding the apparent death of the Trib and the subsequent concerned-ladened themes of many postings, it is obvious that many of you valued posters (both new and old) are having angst about this. Please take solace in the fact that this community will not degrade and fester into the sham that was once the Tribboard. That being said....

All who migrate here have to accept the rules and guidelines established for PlanetSteelers and any behavior that deviates from those formatted rules and guidelines will merit remediation via warnings and if noted adverse behavior continues then banishment. This is what was outlined by our board administration (jhansle) from the very beginning. His track record in such instances speaks for itself and we've enjoyed a board environment that is not only conducive to great discussion and debate about our beloved Steelers, but has been relatively troll free. I as well as the other MODS and Jhansle of course are committed to expanding the membership base only on the pretense that the community grows in a positive direction.

So let's all welcome all the influx of new members to the board, and not carry preconceived notions about certain posters that may migrate here. If these individuals begin to display adverse behaviors then these issues will be dealt with swiftly. Please note that all the MODS are but a PM away with your concerns. Thanks.

GO STEELERS!

Ozey74
12-04-2008, 06:45 PM
Good Post A. We, as Steeler fans, are in the middle of the biggest week of the season. Let's turn our attention to the task at hand (beating the Cowboys).

:tt2

AngryAsian
12-04-2008, 06:46 PM
Good Post A. We, as Steeler fans, are in the middle of the biggest week of the season. Let's turn our attention to the task at hand (beating the Cowboys).

AMEN, Brother!

SteelTorch
12-04-2008, 06:52 PM

AMEN, Brother!
Agreed! So let's just get rid of the distractions by banning the trolls now. :lol:

Lebsteel
12-04-2008, 06:59 PM
Well said AS, but why the Steeler Strong board also? Seems like a lot work, but if ya got the time then more power to ya!

Flasteel
12-04-2008, 07:03 PM
I'm actually excited about the death of the Trib board. It will no doubt increase traffic here and hopefully bring over some of the quality posters who up to this point have not joined the Planet. As for some of the drama queens and trolls, I think everyone deserves a fresh start and I have no doubts that some of the BS allowed to exist on the Trib board will be quickly extinguished here. I'm not advocating any level of unwarranted censorship, but those who come here with the sole purpose of stirring the pot or spreading hate will be dispatched by certain ninjas.

Ozey74
12-04-2008, 07:09 PM
Personally, I welcome any positive increase of traffic. Some days it could get quiet around here.

eniparadoxgma
12-04-2008, 07:10 PM
Great post, Asian.

:tt2 :tt2 :tt2

BigBen2112
12-04-2008, 07:28 PM
Or people could come over to:

http://steelerstrong.proboards.com

eniparadoxgma
12-04-2008, 07:36 PM

I'm still curious as to that site. I thought it was originally created as a safety net for times in which this site might be down for some reason, but yet this place hasn't been down for quite awhile to my knowledge.

I thought the people inhabiting and even moderating that board were mostly the same here...so what's the dealio?

I'm not trying to be an ass or anything (I love the live chat thing over there on gamedays) but I'd hate to see yet another board split, especially when it seems as if most of the same people are on both.

What am I missing? :?:

SteelTorch
12-04-2008, 07:39 PM

I'm still curious as to that site. I thought it was originally created as a safety net for times in which this site might be down for some reason, but yet this place hasn't been down for quite awhile to my knowledge.

I thought the people inhabiting and even moderating that board were mostly the same here...so what's the dealio?

I'm not trying to be an bad word or anything (I love the live chat thing over there on gamedays) but I'd hate to see yet another board split, especially when it seems as if most of the same people are on both.

Nothing, I think. That board was created as a knee-jerk reaction when this site was having problems, but now this site is on a new system and not having as many complications. And while I like SMG, I don't like the way he handled that situation. Frankly, the only thing I like about that site is the chat function for game day. Other than that, I never go there, and probably won't once I get back to Pittsburgh (which will be very soon).

SteelerOfDeVille
12-04-2008, 08:00 PM

I'm not trying to be an bad word or anything (I love the live chat thing over there on gamedays) but I'd hate to see yet another board split, especially when it seems as if most of the same people are on both.

alright... that's it!!!!!
http://www.theboxset.com/images/reviewcaptures/976capture_friday02.jpg

that's the problem!!! a board split sends people to different places.. and each of those individual places improves incrementally.... but, the quality of what could have been is diluted because people split off and land in different places... it's like going to a bar to watch the game with all the other fans (i.e., the net) and finding that the bar is built like an office with cubicles...

3 years ago, that board was the best Steelers board on the planet, bar none. Sorry, it jsut was. But, it has spawned off several other boards (this and stillernation included) and those boards have spawned off boards.

frankly, i don't like you mf's THAT much to go to 6 different boards to get to discuss the steelers. :lol:

the next person that posts another link to dilute the quality even more... i'm kicking them in the junk.

Jooser
12-04-2008, 08:04 PM
:shock: :wft

SteelerOfDeVille
12-04-2008, 08:05 PM

Nothing, I think. That board was created as a knee-jerk reaction when this site was having problems, but now this site is on a new system and not having as many complications. And while I like SMG, I don't like the way he handled that situation. Frankly, the only thing I like about that site is the chat function for game day. Other than that, I never go there, and probably won't once I get back to Pittsburgh (which will be very soon).
i'm honestly annoyed that it's still out there... maybe it's me, but, i don't want to go to another board where all the same people from one board hang out. if it's gonna be primarily the same people on both boards, pick one...

and i agree... i took it as possible replacement originally, but, when this came back strong, that one was no longer even a thought... until i kept seeing it in sigs...

D Rock
12-04-2008, 08:13 PM

Is that a board that was made by MedGuy? Is that where he is hanging out these days?

SteelTorch
12-04-2008, 08:15 PM
Is that a board that was made by MedGuy? Is that where he is hanging out these days?
Yes and yes, though he occasionally pops his head over here. Feel free to go there if you want, but this board is much better. :D

D Rock
12-04-2008, 08:18 PM
Yes and yes, though he occasionally pops his head over here. Feel free to go there if you want, but this board is much better. :D

No thanks on going there. I will gladly stay here.

costanza2k1
12-04-2008, 08:23 PM

the next person that posts another link to dilute the quality even more... i'm kicking them in the junk.

:lol:

Shawn
12-04-2008, 08:28 PM

Some of us created a board you could post at while PS was down. I wasn't getting emails returned by John. Now if one board goes down...you will always have a place to post. Sorry you seen it as something sinister.

Shawn
12-04-2008, 08:30 PM

It was set up as a place to post when we had no idea what was going on with this board. Some people like it...it has it's own personality. If people want to post there great...if not no problem. I'm not sure why people got their panties in a bunch over it.

Shawn
12-04-2008, 08:31 PM
I'm a moderator here...I do a little more than pop my head in. ;)

eniparadoxgma
12-04-2008, 08:32 PM
Cool. No board split.

All is well. :)

Shawn
12-04-2008, 08:34 PM

i'm honestly annoyed that it's still out there... maybe it's me, but, i don't want to go to another board where all the same people from one board hang out. if it's gonna be primarily the same people on both boards, pick one...

and i agree... i took it as possible replacement originally, but, when this came back strong, that one was no longer even a thought... until i kept seeing it in sigs...
Then feel free to only post here. No one makes people post both places. We have some shared members and some members that do not come here. I won't erase the site out of respect to ALL the member of SS...no matter how much that annoys some. Doesn't seem quite fair.

Shawn
12-04-2008, 08:39 PM
Cool. No board split.

All is well. :)

Nope no board split. I do not want to recruit from this site to SS. That doesn't even make sense. Why split the same conversations?

I will have a strong presence here and at SS...but both will have their own distinct personality. We have been recruiting outside of our normal box of talent. Honestly, I like you guys and I like the atmosphere here...but SS needs to branch out....and do it's own thing. What started out as a safety net turned into its own project with it's own set of posters. Look through our membership...quite a few new names.

NorCal-Steeler
12-04-2008, 08:42 PM
Why dont we have a live game chat here? I remember when this board started up that was one of the things that was going to be added.

buckeyehoppy
12-04-2008, 08:44 PM
The now deceased TribBoard has the chance to really bring a new and expanded dimension to PlanetSteelers. If JHans and the rest of the Mod team are proactive and do the work, this site will improve and grow.

Now, for those who have issues with any of the other discussion boards or their members I will say this: I post regularly on three boards. I post here, @ SteelersStrong, and @ The Steelers Forum. All three have good things to bring to the table and, quite frankly, I won't apologize for posting wherever I feel like posting. We are all Steelers fans. We are all adults, hopefully. And whatever differences we have, we all have the Steelers in common.

Also, frankly, this is America, Jack...and it's all about freedom of speech. And believe me, buckeyehoppy is vigilant where it comes to freedom of speech and the responsibilities therein.

So, I can give the benefit of the doubt to the @$$holes who do nothing but :stirpot But i can also be sure that the Mods here are a lot more attentive that at the TribBoard.

To be sure, I am not surprised the Trib did what they did. Media organizations everywhere are cutting the fat out of their operations. To be sure, the TribBoard got very, very flabby with the exodus of so many good members and their insights. Many landed here. Many landed @ SteelersStrong. Many landed @ The Steelers Forum.

Y'Know what? All of that is about the Steelers...and that's all good!!!

:tt2 :tt2 :tt2 :tt2 :tt2 :tt2 :tt2

Shawn
12-04-2008, 09:02 PM
The now deceased TribBoard has the chance to really bring a new and expanded dimension to PlanetSteelers. If JHans and the rest of the Mod team are proactive and do the work, this site will improve and grow.

Now, for those who have issues with any of the other discussion boards or their members I will say this: I post regularly on three boards. I post here, @ SteelersStrong, and @ The Steelers Forum. All three have good things to bring to the table and, quite frankly, I won't apologize for posting wherever I feel like posting. We are all Steelers fans. We are all adults, hopefully. And whatever differences we have, we all have the Steelers in common.

Also, frankly, this is America, Jack...and it's all about freedom of speech. And believe me, buckeyehoppy is vigilant where it comes to freedom of speech and the responsibilities therein.

So, I can give the benefit of the doubt to the @$$holes who do nothing but :stirpot But i can also be sure that the Mods here are a lot more attentive that at the TribBoard.

To be sure, I am not surprised the Trib did what they did. Media organizations everywhere are cutting the fat out of their operations. To be sure, the TribBoard got very, very flabby with the exodus of so many good members and their insights. Many landed here. Many landed @ SteelersStrong. Many landed @ The Steelers Forum.

:Clap

Uncle Rico
12-04-2008, 09:22 PM
Even if it's a link to a really crappy Steelers forum like this one?

http://www.pennlive.com/forums/steelers/

papillon
12-05-2008, 12:09 AM
I know people are having some anxiety regarding the prospect of old Trib members who are known "drama queens" possibly coming to this site. Please let's keep the hysteria down. Seeing multiple threads that have similar themes regarding the apparent death of the Trib and the subsequent concerned-ladened themes of many postings, it is obvious that many of you valued posters (both new and old) are having angst about this. Please take solace in the fact that this community will not degrade and fester into the sham that was once the Tribboard. That being said....

All who migrate here have to accept the rules and guidelines established for PlanetSteelers and any behavior that deviates from those formatted rules and guidelines will merit remediation via warnings and if noted adverse behavior continues then banishment. This is what was outlined by our board administration (jhansle) from the very beginning. His track record in such instances speaks for itself and we've enjoyed a board environment that is not only conducive to great discussion and debate about our beloved Steelers, but has been relatively troll free. I as well as the other MODS and Jhansle of course are committed to expanding the membership base only on the pretense that the community grows in a positive direction.

So let's all welcome all the influx of new members to the board, and not carry preconceived notions about certain posters that may migrate here. If these individuals begin to display adverse behaviors then these issues will be dealt with swiftly. Please note that all the MODS are but a PM away with your concerns. Thanks.

GO STEELERS!

Sounds like people are being banned before they even make one post. Everyone should get a chance to prove themselves as valuable or not.

Pappy

AkronSteel
12-05-2008, 12:21 AM

Great post BH! I agree 100%

Hope you and the wife have a great time this weekend in the Burgh! Had a great time Sunday! Glad you guys came down to the house!

buckeyehoppy
12-05-2008, 02:09 AM

Great post BH! I agree 100%

Hope you and the wife have a great time this weekend in the Burgh! Had a great time Sunday! Glad you guys came down to the house!

Absolutely, dude, and thanks for having us. A little Steelers house partying is always an excellent choice. We'll do it again before the end of the season. Perhaps a few more will join us within the comfortable drive distance.

flippy
12-05-2008, 11:49 AM

alright... that's it!!!!!
http://www.theboxset.com/images/reviewcaptures/976capture_friday02.jpg

that's the problem!!! a board split sends people to different places.. and each of those individual places improves incrementally.... but, the quality of what could have been is diluted because people split off and land in different places... it's like going to a bar to watch the game with all the other fans (i.e., the net) and finding that the bar is built like an office with cubicles...

3 years ago, that board was the best Steelers board on the planet, bar none. Sorry, it jsut was. But, it has spawned off several other boards (this and stillernation included) and those boards have spawned off boards.

frankly, i don't like you mf's THAT much to go to 6 different boards to get to discuss the steelers. :lol:

james harrison would have been scarier.

Oviedo
12-05-2008, 01:45 PM

GO STEELERS!

Dude. Do you need a history lesson. That was the same approach that people tried at the Trib and it failed. We don't need this board getting dragged down. We all know who has what agendas. I'll support good, positive poster who engage in actual discourse, but trolls and those who do nothing but repeat their same old BS don't need to be here.

AngryAsian
12-05-2008, 03:20 PM

GO STEELERS!

Dude. Do you need a history lesson. That was the same approach that people tried at the Trib and it failed. We don't need this board getting dragged down. We all know who has what agendas. I'll support good, positive poster who engage in actual discourse, but trolls and those who do nothing but repeat their same old BS don't need to be here.

O,

As I've stated to you through other mediums, summarily handing people their walking papers by reputation alone is not how the administrator of this board wants to handle this subject. The "CODE OF CONDUCT" is very specific and gives the administrators/mods some latitude on how to address this issue. I may be offending some with these statements, but this board is open to the public and is supported by the membership. We congregate together to discuss a topic that is very close to our inner being, to the point of fanaticism. And with such passion boiled up in the chest of testosterone filled individuals, I can understand that some views may get a little "right-wing" when spewed out onto the forum. As an immigrant to this country, I appreciate, all too well the concept making a life in country whose core make up was founded on the word freedom. Call it corny or what have you, but some forget that truly profound right is something tangible in our everyday lives when logging on here.

ALL ARE WELCOME TO SHARE THEIR VIEWS, because this is America and we have freedom of speech. Now the moment some people start displaying adverse behavior that is detrimental to the board via this freedom, then those posters who are subject to what's outlined in the code of conduct will be warned about their behavior and if noted behavior continues then they merit suspension or revocation of board privileges. John, has been very clear about his stance regarding troublemakers but he's also fair about how he would like this board to function.... censorship or extremist views on people who haven't even had a chance to post once isn't the path he'd like to take.

I think as grown adults we can co-exist, discuss and debate like rational bi-peds without slinging insults or getting into full thrown flame wars. This type of behavior is most certainly NOT CONDUCIVE and will be dealt with in haste. Old and new members alike, I hope will behave accordingly and if not... well we don't need to beat a dead horse. If you have preconceived notions about certain individuals who are attempting to migrate here then have them. But we have to give everybody a chance to contribute. It is up to them whether they want to make it a positive one or a negative one. Let's all be tolerant and give people a clean slate and at least find some kind of solace from the fact that abhorrent behavior won't be tolerated.

I hope we can get back to discussing football and not all this drama. With all the threads close to this subject, I'm starting to wonder what kind of discussion board this is becoming.

GO STEELERS!

Djfan
12-05-2008, 03:36 PM
I hope we can get back to discussing football and not all this drama. With all the threads close to this subject, I'm starting to wonder what kind of discussion board this is becoming.

GO STEELERS!

With all of these new posters it is just growing pains. We will all need to go on with things and watch how it plays out.

Go Steelers! Go PlanetSteelers!

Mel Blount's G
12-05-2008, 03:48 PM
My favorite bygone drama...
http://assets.hulu.com/shows/key_art_the_white_shadow.jpg

Flasteel
12-05-2008, 03:58 PM

GO STEELERS!

O,

As I've stated to you through other mediums, summarily handing people their walking papers by reputation alone is not how the administrator of this board wants to handle this subject. The "CODE OF CONDUCT" is very specific and gives the administrators/mods some latitude on how to address this issue. I may be offending some with these statements, but this board is open to the public and is supported by the membership. We congregate together to discuss a topic that is very close to our inner being, to the point of fanaticism. And with such passion boiled up in the chest of testosterone filled individuals, I can understand that some views may get a little "right-wing" when spewed out onto the forum. As an immigrant to this country, I appreciate, all too well the concept making a life in country whose core make up was founded on the word freedom. Call it corny or what have you, but some forget that truly profound right is something tangible in our everyday lives when logging on here.

ALL ARE WELCOME TO SHARE THEIR VIEWS, because this is America and we have freedom of speech. Now the moment some people start displaying adverse behavior that is detrimental to the board via this freedom, then those posters who are subject to what's outlined in the code of conduct will be warned about their behavior and if noted behavior continues then they merit suspension or revocation of board privileges. John, has been very clear about his stance regarding troublemakers but he's also fair about how he would like this board to function.... censorship or extremist views on people who haven't even had a chance to post once isn't the path he'd like to take.

I think as grown adults we can co-exist, discuss and debate like rational bi-peds without slinging insults or getting into full thrown flame wars. This type of behavior is most certainly NOT CONDUCIVE and will be dealt with in haste. Old and new members alike, I hope will behave accordingly and if not... well we don't need to beat a dead horse. If you have preconceived notions about certain individuals who are attempting to migrate here then have them. But we have to give everybody a chance to contribute. It is up to them whether they want to make it a positive one or a negative one. Let's all be tolerant and give people a clean slate and at least find some kind of solace from the fact that abhorrent behavior won't be tolerated.

GO STEELERS!

I couldn't agree with you more brother. Everyone deserves a chance at a clean slate and can be judged by the merits of their posts here. No one has committed any posting crimes so grievous, that they shouldn't be allowed to darken our doorsteps. Look at Rick for example. I can't stand his garbage that he constantly spewed at the Trib, but from everything I've seen here he makes a concerted effort to make himself a part of this community. I'm not trying to slam him by any means, but he was given an opportunity here and to my knowledge has not become a board pariah.

Would it kill anyone to tolerate a poster with a bad rep for an unofficial evaluation period? If they start getting out of hand or taking on an old, tired persona which was hated elsewhere, then they can be dealt with by some very proactive mods such as AS. Trust him and allow this place to promote a free exchange of ideas rather than become an exclusive club where everyone must toe the company line.

ColumbusSteelerFan
12-05-2008, 04:02 PM
Just wanted to agree with AA, BH, and the rest of the regulars who speak common sense. The Trib board was certainly bogged down by too much drama BS, which is why I GLADLY accepted the invitation to come here "start fresh". Big game against the Cowgirls on Sunday - I'm sure we all agree on that. Here we go!!!

:tt1

motter1975
12-05-2008, 04:10 PM

GO STEELERS!

O,

GO STEELERS!

I couldn't agree with you more brother. Everyone deserves a chance at a clean slate and can be judged by the merits of their posts here. No one has committed any posting crimes so grievous, that they shouldn't be allowed to darken our doorsteps. Look at Rick for example. I can't stand his garbage that he constantly spewed at the Trib, but from everything I've seen here he makes a concerted effort to make himself a part of this community. I'm not trying to slam him by any means, but he was given an opportunity here and to my knowledge has not become a board pariah.

Would it kill anyone to tolerate a poster with a bad rep for an unofficial evaluation period? If they start getting out of hand or taking on an old, tired persona which was hated elsewhere, then they can be dealt with by some very proactive mods such as AS. Trust him and allow this place to promote a free exchange of ideas rather than become an exclusive club where everyone must toe the company line.

Well said and I agree...the trib is in the past...let's put all that happened there in the past and give everone a chance to make a fresh start...if certain people's patterns of behavior HERE cross the line, well, then give the mods a chance to take the appropriate action. If certain posters aren't willing to turn over a new leaf and be a productive part of the board, well, it won't take long before they do something to warrant disciplinary actions. I know that it's hard to turn the other cheek and give another chance to some, but let's all be the bigger person and the adult, and let those that want to be children show their true colors.

Just my :2c (That's 20 cents for you new people...everyone's opinion here is worth more!)