PDA

View Full Version : Does anyone else think..

mr.pittsburgh
12-04-2008, 03:24 PM
That Max Starks is playing at a much higher level right now than Marvel has played at in the beginning of the season?? I have been watching the tapes of the games, trying to get a good look, and it seems that Max is becoming a very good run blocker, and is starting to utilize his long arms for pass pro. Marvel was still pretty solid before going down, but from what i am seeing, Max is playing better.

agdci981
12-04-2008, 03:44 PM
Starks run blocking has never been the problem. His problems have been in pass protection. And yes...he is playing at a higher level than Marvel right now but isn't worth $7 million.

RKSteel
12-04-2008, 03:45 PM
He seems to be playing better, plus the whole o-line is playing much better than earlier in the season. There are essentially four new players on the line this year, it takes awhile to gel and get confidence in one another. And during that time, the offense game planning was changing to a quick passing game. Now its starting come together as the Steelers hit the stretch run.

What doesn't kill you makes you stronger.

The O-line stepped up big against the Pats*, I see it continuing against the Cowgirls. :tt2

mr.pittsburgh
12-04-2008, 03:47 PM
He seems to be playing better, plus the whole o-line is playing much better than earlier in the season. There are essentially four new players on the line this year, it takes awhile to gel and get confidence in one another. And during that time, the offense game planning was changing to a quick passing game. Now its starting come together as the Steelers hit the stretch run.

What doesn't kill you makes you stronger.

The O-line stepped up big against the Pats*, I see it continuing against the Cowgirls. :tt2

yep. this will be Stark's biggest test of the season. Ware is going to bring it every single down. We shall see just how good he is this week.

Oviedo
12-04-2008, 04:00 PM
He is not playing better than a healthy Marvel but he is playing as well as a hurting Marvel. he has done well and seems to be getting better each week. These next three weeks will be a test for him.

If he passes the test the next three weeks I say resign him.

mr.pittsburgh
12-04-2008, 04:04 PM
He is not playing better than a healthy Marvel but he is playing as well as a hurting Marvel. he has done well and seems to be getting better each week. These next three weeks will be a test for him.

That is what I was ultimately saying. Everyone knew Starks came into the season injured. I think that hurt our Oline, especially because he was Ben's blind side. Starks IS playing very well right now. I know a lot of you don't like to admit it because you think he is still a scrub, but he is finally starting to gain more experience and ultimately progressing at a high rate. He IS the LT of our future, like it or not.

ramblinjim
12-04-2008, 04:15 PM

That is what I was ultimately saying. Everyone knew Starks came into the season injured. I think that hurt our Oline, especially because he was Ben's blind side. Starks IS playing very well right now. I know a lot of you don't like to admit it because you think he is still a scrub, but he is finally starting to gain more experience and ultimately progressing at a high rate. He IS the LT of our future, like it or not.

I think Max is playing pretty well too, I also think that him being an UFA next will make it almost impossible for us to re-sign him.

mr.pittsburgh
12-04-2008, 04:22 PM

I think Max is playing pretty well too, I also think that him being an UFA next will make it almost impossible for us to re-sign him.

I don't think so. If he continues to play this well into the postseason and continues to improve, I don't see a reason why we shouldn't resign him(even if it is for big bucks). I don't feel comfortable having a rookie come in and guard Ben's blind side.