PDA

View Full Version : Trib board is DEAD & GONE!!!

Mel Blount's G
12-04-2008, 03:01 PM
:wft :wft :wft :wft

We regret to inform you that TribLIVE.com will no longer support the discussion board web site. We'd like to thank all of our loyal visitors who have posted on this site over the years.

We will still provide SteelersLIVE.com where you can post blogs, polls and fan photos. You can also post movie and restaurant reviews at our new events website.

Here are a few other discussion boards you may be interested in joining *.

Steelers -
http://www.steelernation.com/forums/index.php
http://www.steelreign.org/phpBB3/index.php

Penguins -
http://www.letsgopens.com/scripts/phpBB3/

Pirates -
http://www.pittsburghsports.net/index.php

If you have any questions, please direct them to discussionboards@tribtotalmedia.com

* Note, these links are provided as a service to our visitors. These sites and the content contained within are not approved or endorsed by The Tribune-Review Publishing Company.

stlrz d
12-04-2008, 03:21 PM
Ding dong the witch is dead!!!!!!

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Uncle Rico
12-04-2008, 03:23 PM
Damn.

agdci981
12-04-2008, 03:46 PM
Yeah....this is actually pretty stunning. Guess the Trib's lame sportswriters will have to copy and paste their editorials from somewhere else now.

SteelTorch
12-04-2008, 03:52 PM
http://www.grundsteinlego.de/wp-content/uploads/2006/08/nelsonHaHa.jpg

mr.pittsburgh
12-04-2008, 03:53 PM
OK MODS, PLEASE GET RID OF TOMIE STEEL RIGHT NOW. DO NOT LET HIM POST ON THIS SITE.

SteelTorch
12-04-2008, 03:57 PM
Yeah....this is actually pretty stunning. Guess the Trib's lame sportswriters will have to copy and paste their editorials from somewhere else now.

What happen to the trib. Guess they couldn't handle all the winers who complained about me that they just pulled the plug
Yeah, congrats tammiesteel! Now everyone hates you! But unlike that site, the mods won't protect you here. :wink:

http://img186.imageshack.us/img186/401/tsfailbp7.png

California-Steel
12-04-2008, 03:59 PM
Yeah they just snatched the rug!!! :wft

SteelTorch
12-04-2008, 04:00 PM
OK MODS, PLEASE GET RID OF TOMIE STEEL RIGHT NOW. DO NOT LET HIM POST ON THIS SITE.

You can get rid of me I have done nothing wrong. Why don't you post some links from the trib. Oh I forgot that board is dead.
So we CAN get rid of you? Thanks! Oh, mods...! :lol:

TD386Steel
12-04-2008, 04:01 PM
Didnt even give us a warning, that a bunch of crap!

mr.pittsburgh
12-04-2008, 04:01 PM
It doesnt matter, there are respected posters on this board (like steeltorch) who can vouge for me when I say that you will ruin this board. You don't talk football, you troll around and stalk people, while challenging them to fights. Get a clue you ****ing tard.

Zigs
12-04-2008, 04:05 PM
You can get rid of me I have done nothing wrong. Why don't you post some links from the trib. Oh I forgot that board is dead.

:Blah

mr.pittsburgh
12-04-2008, 04:06 PM
honestly tomie, I came here to talk football and get away from that ****ty board. You were becoming a joke and no one talked football there because your posts took up the whole board. I am done with you. Stay if you would like, but I am not responding or reading you idiotic posts. This is the last time you will hear from me, and I suggest all of you guys do the same.

SteelTorch
12-04-2008, 04:08 PM
I feel honored that you save my posts. Hope you frame it and put next to your favorite steelers picture

for the record i thought that article was for that weeks game.

Steeler Mafia
12-04-2008, 04:08 PM
I knew that we should have asked for that IGNORE button to be put into place. I wonder if it is too late.

Oh Mods????

SteelTorch
12-04-2008, 04:10 PM
I knew that we should have asked for that IGNORE button to be put into place. I wonder if it is too late.

Oh Mods????
You can. Click on his profile and select the "add foe" option. :wink:

costanza2k1
12-04-2008, 04:16 PM
honestly tomie, I came here to talk football and get away from that ****ty board. You were becoming a joke and no one talked football there because your posts took up the whole board. I am done with you. Stay if you would like, but I am not responding or reading you idiotic posts. This is the last time you will hear from me, and I suggest all of you guys do the same.

I come in peace okay. Lets start things off on the right foot on this site. I was a long time poster on the trib and had a lot of insightful posts until a selected few got me started. I promise to keep things insightful and informative.

Nothing wrong with that. The kid/man comes in peace. Welcome.

RuthlessBurgher
12-04-2008, 04:17 PM
Okay, kiddies. Let's play nice. Let bygones be bygones. I won't judge anyone based upon whatever reputations they had elsewhere. Consider this a fresh start. Let's put our best foot forward and give a positive first impression. Preachy rant over. :wink:

Zigs
12-04-2008, 04:18 PM
Okay, kiddies. Let's play nice. Let bygones be bygones. I won't judge anyone based upon whatever reputations they had elsewhere. Consider this a fresh start. Let's put our best foot forward and give a positive first impression. Preachy rant over. :wink:

Ok I am ready to completely give Tommie the benefit of the doubt!

SteelerOfDeVille
12-04-2008, 04:18 PM

What happen to the trib. Guess they couldn't handle all the winers who complained about me that they just pulled the plug
it won't take long before you're banned from this one... :Blah

SteelTorch
12-04-2008, 04:19 PM
Nothing wrong with that. The kid/man comes in peace. Welcome.
No, screw that. He had his chance, but the kid adds NOTHING to football discussion and will only drag this site down. Get that trash out of here. :Beer

Jigawatts
12-04-2008, 04:21 PM

You're not very ruthless. :mrgreen:

MeetJoeGreene
12-04-2008, 04:23 PM
Wow. Crash finally got his wish.

I am actually very shocked.

Mel Blount's G
12-04-2008, 04:24 PM
Tommie: Here's something that would help for me, personally.

Try to condense your multitude of threads into one or two threads. More than what you said, which I didn't always agree with, it's that you virtually flooded the trib board with thread after thread. See if you can't join the "Browns will win" threads together with the "Brady Quinn is sexy" threads thereby not flooding the board with an intense stream of tomie threads

RuthlessBurgher
12-04-2008, 04:25 PM

You're not very ruthless. :mrgreen:

It's only Thursday, and I am in a good mood after a big win against the Asterisks last weekend and looking forward to a great time at Heinz when the Cowgirls come to down this weekend.

However, if my beloved Planet is ruined by trolls on Friday, I will unleash the wrath of James Harrison upon them. Ruthless enough for you? :lol:

SanAntonioSteelerFan
12-04-2008, 04:33 PM
I'm pretty bummed out about Steelerslive going down. I came here because the whole feel of that board had turned into a 7th grade locker room. Even posters that I originally enjoyed reading and admired got dragged down and became scum like the worst of the others. That board going down is like the house next door burning down, and all the rats and roaches move over to your own house, no matter how clean you try to keep it.

I'll be pretty bummed if that happens to this board. Can't keep migrating from board to board to stay one step ahead of the trolls, life is just too short for that.

frankthetank1
12-04-2008, 04:36 PM
I come in peace okay. Lets start things off on the right foot on this site. I was a long time poster on the trib and had a lot of insightful posts until a selected few got me started. I promise to keep things insightful and informative.

insightful posts tommie? really? how come i have never read one?

Ozey74
12-04-2008, 04:42 PM
When I visited the Trib site, I rarely posted. As soon as I came on here in May of this year, I posted quite a bit.
Hopefully that will happen to the refugee's that don't like to -----> :stirpot

Ghost
12-04-2008, 04:43 PM
I blame Deville. He was worried about Timmons not getting the 7.5 tackles per game for the remainder of the season to hit 75 and decided that if he had to go, every one was going with him... :P

D Rock
12-04-2008, 04:49 PM
I blame Deville. He was worried about Timmons not getting the 7.5 tackles per game for the remainder of the season to hit 75 and decided that if he had to go, every one was going with him... :P

all these years he was the secret moderator! He had the power to clean that place up but did not do it until his hand was forced by a stupid bet. Please Mods, ban SoD IMMEDIATELY for putting everyone through that crap on the Trib board for so long.

Jigawatts
12-04-2008, 04:53 PM
I'm sure everything will be fine. 8)

Registered May 13, first post today. You've got some catching up to do. :Boobs

MeetJoeGreene
12-04-2008, 04:59 PM

Good call... I was wondering about his bet. Now we will never know if he is a welcher.

:lol:

MeetJoeGreene
12-04-2008, 05:03 PM
I'm pretty bummed out about Steelerslive going down. I came here because the whole feel of that board had turned into a 7th grade locker room. Even posters that I originally enjoyed reading and admired got dragged down and became scum like the worst of the others. That board going down is like the house next door burning down, and all the rats and roaches move over to your own house, no matter how clean you try to keep it.

I'll be pretty bummed if that happens to this board. Can't keep migrating from board to board to stay one step ahead of the trolls, life is just too short for that.

I was bummed when the stillernation split happened. I was bummed when there was this split to be honest. But now, not so much.

SteelerOfDeVille
12-04-2008, 05:05 PM
THAT'S FUNNY... I was just taking a whiz like 10 minutes ago and decided i was going to come here and post EXACTLY that.

Great minds, Ghost!

SteelerOfDeVille
12-04-2008, 05:06 PM

Good call... I was wondering about his bet. Now we will never know if he is a welcher.

I said I'd never post there again... and I won't. :lol:

RuthlessBurgher
12-04-2008, 05:08 PM

I said I'd never post there again... and I won't. :lol:

Welcher. :twisted: :lol:

Ghost
12-04-2008, 05:16 PM
THAT'S FUNNY... I was just taking a whiz like 10 minutes ago and decided i was going to come here and post EXACTLY that.

Great minds, Ghost!

Throw in the fact that you were speeding downhill in Monday Night Executive and all evidence points to you. For shame...

JAR
12-04-2008, 05:32 PM
Well, at least the trib didn't give out information to this site like they did Steeler Nation. :D

http://www.steelernation.com/forums//sh ... hp?t=16081 (http://www.steelernation.com/forums//showthread.php?t=16081)

NC Steeler Fan
12-04-2008, 06:22 PM
Oh gawd....

If some of the rats leaving that ship come here....oh well, time to find
someplace else....I was looking before I came here....

fo$lrock
12-04-2008, 06:25 PM
This kinda sucks. I was right on Chadman's heels on the Monday Night Football Exec. it was mine for the taking.

Also, with that board being turned off, my entire time I spent devoted to running the pick-em contest is now stuck in a big empty nexis of what-to-do now? The playoffs were near..

Chadman
12-04-2008, 06:35 PM
This kinda sucks. I was right on Chadman's heels on the Monday Night Football Exec. it was mine for the taking.

Also, with that board being turned off, my entire time I spent devoted to running the pick-em contest is now stuck in a big empty nexis of what-to-do now? The playoffs were near..

Well, guess that means Chadman owns the last MNFE award?

You know, even though Chadman has been here for a while, he still posted occasionally over there.

It's like the brother your family doesn't talk about...you keep an eye on it & hope it comes good. It's actually a shame to see it fall like that.

Hopefully Lonbull will come over here- that dude was good...& greglloyd95 too...

Oh, and Fossil Rock- would be's & could be's are what LOSERS hang on to. Winners deal in realities...who will be known as the leader in MNFE when it finished? Chadman! :Boobs

SteelerOfDeVille
12-04-2008, 06:42 PM

Great minds, Ghost!

Throw in the fact that you were speeding downhill in Monday Night Executive and all evidence points to you. For shame...
now THAT sux.... i was closing in... over the last few weeks, i'd moved up steadily into the top 2-5... and i had a good game this week, with points in advance...

eniparadoxgma
12-04-2008, 06:43 PM

Dude!!!!!

Don't tell me the contest is dead!!!!!!!!!!!!

I was in the playoffs!!!!!!!! (up to this point)

NOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

As far as Tomie goes, I think everyone deserves a fresh start here. Jackassery won't be tolerated here. It's the "give 'em enough rope and they'll hang themselves" principle IMO.

NC: I wouldn't worry about it. This place actually has moderators.

That said: I'm glad that board went down. It became a joke, where trolls were accepted and rational posters jettisoned. :tt2 :tt2 :tt2

fo$lrock
12-04-2008, 06:48 PM

Well, guess that means Chadman owns the last MNFE award?

You know, even though Chadman has been here for a while, he still posted occasionally over there.

It's like the brother your family doesn't talk about...you keep an eye on it & hope it comes good. It's actually a shame to see it fall like that.

Hopefully Lonbull will come over here- that dude was good...& greglloyd95 too...

Oh, and Fossil Rock- would be's & could be's are what LOSERS hang on to. Winners deal in realities...who will be known as the leader in MNFE when it finished? Chadman! :Boobs

:stirpot

fo$lrock
12-04-2008, 06:49 PM

Dude!!!!!

As far as Tomie goes, I think everyone deserves a fresh start here. Jackassery won't be tolerated here. It's the "give 'em enough rope and they'll hang themselves" principle IMO.

That said: I'm glad that board went down. It became a joke, where trolls were accepted and rational posters jettisoned. :tt2 :tt2 :tt2

Depending on how it pans out, I might relaunch it over at thesteelersforum, or here. It just depends. But at this point, it's kind of like a scrub year.

eniparadoxgma
12-04-2008, 07:02 PM
[quote="fo$lrock":1hxx2ykm]This kinda sucks. I was right on Chadman's heels on the Monday Night Football Exec. it was mine for the taking.

Dude!!!!!

Depending on how it pans out, I might relaunch it over at thesteelersforum, or here. It just depends. But at this point, it's kind of like a scrub year.[/quote:1hxx2ykm]

Bah! I was already in the playoffs so I'm not going to lose sleep over it if half the posters aren't around anymore. :D

MeetJoeGreene
12-04-2008, 07:06 PM
Regarding MNF EXec ===

Why doesn't Ghost contact lonbull and bring the results over here?
He certainly doesn't have the entire thread, but he has to have the latest results.

fo$lrock
12-04-2008, 07:10 PM
For those that were in the trib pick-em' contest, and still want to preserve their run to the playoffs... I set it up over at thesteelrsforum for the rest of the year.

http://www.thesteelersforum.com/cgi-bin ... 1228431696 (http://www.thesteelersforum.com/cgi-bin/yabb2/YaBB.pl?num=1228431696)

eniparadoxgma
12-04-2008, 07:15 PM
For those that were in the trib pick-em' contest, and still want to preserve their run to the playoffs... I set it up over at thesteelrsforum for the rest of the year.

http://www.thesteelersforum.com/cgi-bin ... 1228431696 (http://www.thesteelersforum.com/cgi-bin/yabb2/YaBB.pl?num=1228431696)

Done, and thanks a lot fosl.

costanza2k1
12-04-2008, 07:16 PM

I'm sure everything will be fine. 8)

If you are going to post here I demand you bring back the hot chics in your sig!

costanza2k1
12-04-2008, 07:35 PM
Yes that works, keep em coming.

buckeyehoppy
12-04-2008, 07:40 PM
TribBoard...R.I.P...

:moon :moon :moon :moon :moon :moon :moon

...now I feel better.

Welcome to all the TribBoard refugees!!!

Any @$$holes bringing your pablum over here can prepare to be jettisoned to the foe list.

Any of the few left from there who had some game to bring...what took you so f---ing long?

Fo$l, you will have to set up the NHL Playoff Pick-em on the Pens Forum. I would have done the NFL Pick-em, but I gave up on the bull$hit TribBoard during the summer. Que Sera Sera.

eniparadoxgma
12-04-2008, 07:43 PM
TribBoard...R.I.P...

...now I feel better.

Any @$$holes bringing your pablum over here can prepare to be jettisoned to the foe list.

Any of the few left from there who had some game to bring...what took you so f---ing long?

Fo$l, you will have to set up the NHL Playoff Pick-em on the Pens Forum. I would have done the NFL Pick-em, but I gave up on the bull$hit TribBoard during the summer. Que Sera Sera.

pablum: 2. (lowercase) trite, naive, or simplistic ideas or writings; intellectual pap.

I had to look that one up. Awesome. :D

Mister Pittsburgh
12-04-2008, 07:47 PM
I just attempted to sign onto the trib's site and saw the message. Oh well, looks like a new day has dawned in my Steelers message board posting. Hello to all that knew me on the other site. I look forward to bantering with you.

:Cheers

Shawn
12-04-2008, 08:12 PM
Tomie you are not welcome here. You can either go where you are welcome...or we can make your banning official. Let me know what you would like to do.

Shawn
12-04-2008, 08:15 PM

We won't be taking the Trib castoffs here. Guys known as trolls won't be welcome.

SteelerOfDeVille
12-04-2008, 08:15 PM
Tomie you are not welcome here. You can either go where you are welcome...or we can make your banning official. Let me know what you would like to do.
SMG...

http://img2.timeinc.net/toh/i/steps/wood-floors-toutX.jpg

Shawn
12-04-2008, 08:17 PM
SMG...

http://img2.timeinc.net/toh/i/steps/wood-floors-toutX.jpg

Just what I was thinking. Today...is not a good day to be a troll. :mrgreen:

buckeyehoppy
12-04-2008, 09:28 PM
TribBoard...R.I.P...

...now I feel better.

pablum: 2. (lowercase) trite, naive, or simplistic ideas or writings; intellectual pap.

I had to look that one up. Awesome. :D

That's what you get from a guy with a BA in History who converted from an English major who's married to an aspiring...and pretty damned good...linguist.

yourdictionary.com is my friend!

RuthlessBurgher
12-04-2008, 10:27 PM
TribBoard...R.I.P...

...now I feel better.

It would be nice if the influx of new blood got some of the other stagnant forums (like the hockey one) active.

RuthlessBurgher
12-04-2008, 10:29 PM
Jackassery won't be tolerated here.

It's douchebaggery, not jackassery. Get it right. :lol:

Chadman
12-04-2008, 10:55 PM
http://i396.photobucket.com/albums/pp46/alages/Alessandra-Ambrosio-victoria-.jpg

Damn....Chadman's out of the contest!

costanza2k1
12-04-2008, 10:58 PM
http://i396.photobucket.com/albums/pp46/alages/Alessandra-Ambrosio-victoria-.jpg

I was out before it started.

stlrz d
12-04-2008, 11:03 PM

I was out before it started.

You were out before we got the check!

SteelStallion
12-04-2008, 11:04 PM
I just saw it. I still posted college/Pitt Panther football there on occasion. I quit the football site a while ago. I was tired of walking away angry with increasing frequency. Good riddance :Clap

Oviedo
12-04-2008, 11:06 PM

We won't be taking the Trib castoffs here. Guys known as trolls won't be welcome.

I support this position 110%. We don't need the known trouble makers. Just get rid of them. They haven't done anything to earn a chance. They are cancers that ruined the Trib and I don't want that to happen here too.

ColumbusSteelerFan
12-04-2008, 11:36 PM
Ah, so it's gone. Sad to see in some ways, but it really had run its course, hadn't it? Although I still think of HOGEFAN every time I make a peanut butter and jelly sandwich for my daughter :lol: (it's a long story)

Anyway, much less hassle on here. Welcome to those who are looking for a new home. Enjoy and stay a while!

AkronSteel
12-04-2008, 11:42 PM
The Planet better not be turned into the Trib....that is all I have to say. I don't wanna see trolls like Gaopectate or HHH over here! Go find another place to make trouble. This is a good site with good posters and I don't wanna see this board fall apart like the Trib!

:2c

eniparadoxgma
12-04-2008, 11:51 PM
Jackassery won't be tolerated here.

It's douchebaggery, not jackassery. Get it right. :lol:

I use them interchangeably.

Shawn
12-04-2008, 11:52 PM
The Planet better not be turned into the Trib....that is all I have to say. I don't wanna see trolls like Gaopectate or HHH over here! Go find another place to make trouble. This is a good site with good posters and I don't wanna see this board fall apart like the Trib!

I think the great majority of posters feel the same. I have a couple trolls names that I sent to Jhansle for official banishment. Until then...their posts will be deleted. I'm sure we will have a couple weeks where these guys will try to make trouble but it will be promptly dealt with. :)

papillon
12-04-2008, 11:53 PM

He hasn't done anything wrong, he shouldn't be banned just because you don't like him. Innocent until proven guilty, not the other way around. This is a rather Machiavellian tactic. Let him prove he should be banned or that he can be a responsible member of the community, don't make the decision for him.

Just my two cents.

Pappy

stlrz d
12-04-2008, 11:55 PM

I think the great majority of posters feel the same. I have a couple trolls names that I sent to Jhansle for official banishment. Until then...their posts will be deleted. I'm sure we will have a couple weeks where these guys will try to make trouble but it will be promptly dealt with. :)

I hope this one made the list: memberlist.php?mode=viewprofile&u=378 (http://planetsteelers.com/phpBB3/memberlist.php?mode=viewprofile&u=378)

Shawn
12-04-2008, 11:56 PM

I hope this one made the list: http://planetsteelers.com/phpBB3/member ... file&u=378 (http://planetsteelers.com/phpBB3/memberlist.php?mode=viewprofile&u=378)

Well he has now. :lol:

Hey guys...if you find trolls I haven't had the pleasure of deleting...let me know. :)

Shawn
12-05-2008, 12:06 AM

He hasn't done anything wrong, he shouldn't be banned just because you don't like him. Innocent until proven guilty, not the other way around. This is a rather Machiavellian tactic. Let him prove he should be banned or that he can be a responsible member of the community, don't make the decision for him.

Just my two cents.

Pappy

Because I don't like him? I honestly could care less. Why would you assume it's because I don't like him? Have you read any of the posts at the Trib or here? Most here don't want to let trolls run amuck before we ban them...specifically Tomie. That seems to be a consensus. But, if you want to start a poll or a thread trying to keep Tomie...more power to you.

steelz09
12-05-2008, 12:06 AM
Innocent till proven guilty for now.

But just an fyi.. trolls and trouble makers won't be tolerated at planet steelers.

btw .. i two, am showed that steelerslive.com shut down their site. Seems like the Planet is destroying all competitor sites that stands in its path :)

Happy Postings to all.

Welcome aboard to the new members!

Shawn
12-05-2008, 12:09 AM
You are the boss...but you went against the majority of the boards wishes. Just thought you should know.

papillon
12-05-2008, 12:12 AM

Just my two cents.

Pappy

Because I don't like him? I honestly could care less. Why would you assume it's because I don't like him? Have you read any of the posts at the Trib or here? Most here don't want to let trolls run amuck before we ban them...specifically Tomie. That seems to be a consensus. But, if you want to start a poll or a thread trying to keep Tomie...more power to you.

Yea, I've read his posts as inane as many of them were and most of them were. He and anyone else should be given the opportunity to prove that they can abode by the TOS or not. If they don't, by all means ban away. I just don't go for the pre-emptive strike until someone has proven to be a troll or can not control his/her beahvior.

Pappy

Shawn
12-05-2008, 12:14 AM

Just my two cents.

Pappy

Yea, I've read his posts as inane as many of them were and most of them were. He and anyone else should be given the opportunity to prove that they can abode by the TOS or not. If they don't, by all means ban away. I just don't go for the pre-emptive strike until someone has proven to be a troll or can not control his/her beahvior.

Pappy

Well it seems you and J disagree with the rest of the board. But, hey J rules the roost here.

steelz09
12-05-2008, 12:15 AM
The idea is to keep a poster friendly environment. I realize as does all other posters that its going to be impossible for everyone to always agree with each others opinions. This is expected and is one of the reasons that these message boards are so popular.

However, like SMG and others have said .. trolling, bashing, personal attacks, etc will NOT be tolerated at PlanetSteelers. This is not the Trib or some of the other forums that promote this type of activity. This is unacceptable here and we won't tolerate this behavior and it will result in a ban.

papillon
12-05-2008, 12:17 AM

Just my two cents.

Pappy

Pappy

Well it seems you and J disagree with the rest of the board. But, hey J rules the roost here.

J is a smart guy.

Hey, if Tomie follows his MO from the Trib you'll be banning him before the Cowboys game kicksoff this weekend.

Pappy

Shawn
12-05-2008, 12:19 AM
Yep...you and J are exceptionally bright.

buckeyehoppy
12-05-2008, 12:24 AM
TribBoard...R.I.P...

...now I feel better.

It would be nice if the influx of new blood got some of the other stagnant forums (like the hockey one) active.

Lots of those guys went over to The Pens Forum, but not all.

The Pens Forum is pretty good. I primarily play in the game threads (which, at the moment, is the only worthwhile game thread that I'm aware of). Otherwise, I might have a dozen overall posts. That's an indicator only of all the other crap I'm involved with outside of our lovely playground in the Steeler Universe.

There will need to be a fairly consistent commitment from a handful of people to make a Pens subset here happen. There would need to be a game thread for each game along with enough grist to run the Pens thread mill. Fo$lrock and Sid Smythe arriving here and contributing to that would go a long way toward revitalizing the Pens forum here.

And don't rule out SteelersStrong. Benny, until today, hasn't posted over here since SS rolled out, and he's pretty good on Game Day whether it be a Steelers or Pens game. But would he come back here to jump into the Pens fray?

Some believe that SS is unnecessary duplication, so there are posters out there who wouldn't go over there on principle alone. That would hurt doing anything going forward at SS. I would say that it would be worth a try, though, and see how well it works.

The thing that needs to be guarded against is everyone in the discussion board pool doing too much of everything and watering down to the point where each board is doing nothing well enough to make a statement. That's not where we want to go.

PlanetSteelers does the Steelers very well. The Pens Forum is a dedicated Pens Forum. If you want to talk Steelers there, you are redirected to The Steelers Forum. There's no cross-pollination.

Apologize for the rather lengthy reply, RB. Even so, starting a Pens thing here will require more than just you and me, brother! :Cheers (even if you're only drinking a soda!)

Shawn
12-05-2008, 12:29 AM
Thanks for the kind words Hoppy. I think Benny has really hit the ground running with the Pens and Pirates.

Mel Blount's G
12-05-2008, 12:52 AM

Just my two cents.

Pappy

Pappy

I'm with pappy and jhansie on this one. Give the kid a shot. If he's that bad he WILL get banned quickly. I just don't wanna see bannings done without some real deliberation. I like whacked out, borderline down syndrome points of view sometimes, as long as the basic rules of personal attacks, blatant racism, porn, etc... aren't being violated. Frankly, I found tomiesteel entertaining in a low-grade-7 kinda way. I've already pointed out to him in this thread what really bothered me about his posts