PDA

View Full Version : Pitt live done?!

Djfan
12-04-2008, 03:01 PM
Just clicked on a thread and got this:

We regret to inform you that TribLIVE.com will no longer support the discussion board web site. We'd like to thank all of our loyal visitors who have posted on this site over the years.

We will still provide SteelersLIVE.com where you can post blogs, polls and fan photos. You can also post movie and restaurant reviews at our new events website.

Here are a few other discussion boards you may be interested in joining *.

Steelers -
http://www.steelernation.com/forums/index.php
http://www.steelreign.org/phpBB3/index.php

Penguins -
http://www.letsgopens.com/scripts/phpBB3/

Pirates -
http://www.pittsburghsports.net/index.php

If you have any questions, please direct them to discussionboards@tribtotalmedia.com

* Note, these links are provided as a service to our visitors. These sites and the content contained within are not approved or endorsed by The Tribune-Review Publishing Company.

You have your wish D!

TD386Steel
12-04-2008, 03:03 PM
I'm shocked I've post their since 2003 of January. Looks like everybody needs to find a new home

motter1975
That's funny...I was just on there earlier today and it was working fine...now, it's gone!

Djfan
And I was so proud of Mr. Pittsburgh getting re-instated! I guess that means that Tommie is coming here!

Mel Blount's G
12-04-2008, 03:06 PM
Anyone hazard a guess as to why? I know we ripped the mods or lack thereof in that racial debate thread a little bit.

Oviedo
12-04-2008, 03:07 PM
I'm shocked I've post their since 2003 of January. Looks like everybody needs to find a new home

Make sure they don't come here. They ruined that board and I don't want the same thing to happen here. Let's maintain some degree of quality.

There may be te right to free speech but there isn't a right to do it anywhere you want.

Protect this house!!!!!!!!

Djfan
12-04-2008, 03:08 PM
Whatever the reason, not giving notice is lame.

costanza2k1
12-04-2008, 03:11 PM

Make sure they don't come here. They ruined that board and I don't want the same thing to happen here. Let's maintain some degree of quality.

There may be te right to free speech but there isn't a right to do it anywhere you want.

MODS it's all on you guys now!

RKSteel
12-04-2008, 03:15 PM
Maybe MJG's cut and paste on Tomie's Jessica thread was the final straw. :)

mr.pittsburgh
12-04-2008, 03:16 PM
woooooooooooooooo!!!!!!!!!!! No more tomie. Please mods, do not let that fruit cake on these boards. He will completely take down the board. Looks like they had too much drama on that board, they couldn't handle it anymore.

Oviedo
12-04-2008, 03:19 PM
woooooooooooooooo!!!!!!!!!!! No more tomie. Please mods, do not let that fruit cake on these boards. He will completely take down the board. Looks like they had too much drama on that board, they couldn't handle it anymore.

I repeat keep the trash outside where it belongs. This is a great board we don't need the plague to come here.

mr.pittsburgh
12-04-2008, 03:20 PM

I repeat keep the trash outside where it belongs. This is a great board we don't need the plague to come here.

No crap, that's why I was kicked off/left that board. I wanted to talk football, not have tomie interfere with every topic that is posted. Towards the end it got ridiculous that i had to find something to shut him up. Unfortunately, that didn't work. I will be the first to say that all I want to do is talk football.

TD386Steel
12-04-2008, 03:21 PM

It was definately a love hate thing with Steelerlive. No telling what it will do to this one, but I'm sure of one thing. The moderation will be much better.

Sugar
12-04-2008, 03:21 PM
Wow- I was just checking it out earlier with no problem!

Either way, I'm glad to be a part of this board- you know, other fans that actually LIKE the Pittsburgh Steelers! :tt1

stlrz d
12-04-2008, 03:23 PM

Infinity.

Jigawatts
12-04-2008, 03:25 PM
Wow, about 30 minutes ago I just posted there for a first time in weeks, replying to
tommie's stupid remote control thread. I guess I'll just have to share it here.

"Why are you selling your remote Tommie? Lose your T.V. priveledges again?

If you don't stop you'll go blind." :nono

Please mods, keep those jackasses out of here.

Good posters, welcome to Planet Steelers. :tt1

mr.pittsburgh
12-04-2008, 03:27 PM
Looks like tomie reported everyone there was on the board. They had to shut it down, can't run it with one retard poster!

Steeler Mafia
12-04-2008, 04:00 PM

I hate to burst your bubble but.......the trash has already made its way to the planet. Hurry and close the doors and lock the windows. :HeadBanger

JUST-PLAIN-NASTY
12-04-2008, 04:00 PM
Just clicked on a thread and got this:

We regret to inform you that TribLIVE.com will no longer support the discussion board web site. We'd like to thank all of our loyal visitors who have posted on this site over the years.

We will still provide SteelersLIVE.com where you can post blogs, polls and fan photos. You can also post movie and restaurant reviews at our new events website.

Here are a few other discussion boards you may be interested in joining *.

Steelers -
http://www.steelernation.com/forums/index.php
http://www.steelreign.org/phpBB3/index.php

Penguins -
http://www.letsgopens.com/scripts/phpBB3/

Pirates -
http://www.pittsburghsports.net/index.php

If you have any questions, please direct them to discussionboards@tribtotalmedia.com

* Note, these links are provided as a service to our visitors. These sites and the content contained within are not approved or endorsed by The Tribune-Review Publishing Company.

You have your wish D!

Mmmm...Taste like CHICKEN!!!

SteelTorch
12-04-2008, 04:05 PM
NOOO! The floodgates have opened!!!

http://www.stormeyes.org/tornado/digitals/texoma/gateswd.jpg

D Rock
12-04-2008, 04:10 PM
Sorry, but the trash has arrived. :shock:

You guys definitely have the nicest looking board. Stillernation is impossible to read with all the extra junk floating around.

RuthlessBurgher
12-04-2008, 04:12 PM
On the bright side, there were still some worthwhile posters on that site that fought the urge to come over here for whatever reason despite several invitations. Perhaps now they will mozy on over and check out this place.

SteelBucks
12-04-2008, 04:22 PM
On the bright side, there were still some worthwhile posters on that site that fought the urge to come over here for whatever reason despite several invitations. Perhaps now they will mozy on over and check out this place.

"Worthwhile poster"....that sounds like me!

MeetJoeGreene
12-04-2008, 04:25 PM

I am the board-killer!!!

RuthlessBurgher
12-04-2008, 04:27 PM

"Worthwhile poster"....that sounds like me!

Prove it! Unleash the knowledge! Always looking for some intelligent Steeler banter here...

Ghost
12-04-2008, 04:33 PM
Wow....

I'd love to know what happened there. Think there were layoffs and they cut a ton of IT people neede dto run it?

I wan't posting too much there but I did enjoy the Monday Night Football executive game that Lonbull ran.

TCB
12-04-2008, 04:41 PM
Darn. I was just getting ready to make my move in FOS's pick 'em contest. Very disappointing.

SteelTorch
12-04-2008, 04:56 PM

I'm sure the degenerates from the Trib won't try to infest our house. 8)
It seems one already has. 8)

SteelBucks
12-04-2008, 06:09 PM
Darn. I was just getting ready to make my move in FOS's pick 'em contest. Very disappointing.

Tell me about it. I was finally going to make the playoffs and then 'poof'. Thanks Trib!

AngryAsian
12-04-2008, 06:19 PM

O. I say this to you and all my Steeler brethren of the Nation. This board won't tolerate discussions that aren't Steeler related nor will it tolerate posters that bring drama and perpetual negativity. Period. With that said, welcome one and all from the Trib and look forward to getting new insights from all who have migrated here and wish to contribute to this troll free community.

NC Steeler Fan
12-04-2008, 06:28 PM

O. I say this to you and all my Steeler brethren of the Nation. This board won't tolerate discussions that aren't Steeler related nor will it tolerate posters that bring drama and perpetual negativity. Period. With that said, welcome one and all from the Trib and look forward to getting new insights from all who have migrated here and wish to contribute to this troll free community.

Ahhh grasshoppah, ...I suspect you may need
to recruit more ninjas in the near future....

fo$lrock
12-04-2008, 06:29 PM

I can move it in here, if the mods let me. But, it's hard to let everyone over in the trib know that it has a new home. Unless, we hit up all the hundreds of forums, and post links looking for the scattered ants.

SteelTorch
12-04-2008, 06:30 PM

I can move it in here, if the mods let me. But, it's hard to let everyone over in the trib know that it has a new home. Unless, we hit up all the hundreds of forums, and post links looking for the scattered ants.
Eh, I say just let it go, lest more trolls make their way over here.

eniparadoxgma
12-04-2008, 07:05 PM

I am the board-killer!!!

It was definitely you. I can sincerely say in every way shape and form that I had nothing to do with the demise of said discussion board.

Carry on. 8)

phillyesq
12-04-2008, 07:32 PM
The Trib board was my first football message board from years back. Surprising that it is gone, but I rarely checked the Trib since I migrated over here.

There were still plenty of good posters at the Trib, and I'm really looking forward to seeing some of them migrate over here. More opinions and more discussion topics generally makes for a better discussion board.

As for the trolls and riffraff, I'd encourage them to find another home.

NorCal-Steeler
12-04-2008, 08:51 PM
I say make a room for the trolls to post in and once labled a troll that is the only room they have access to. Alot of the entertainment is reading what they think and trash talking those with different opinions. Just have to contain them to a room , call it the Celler Dwellers or something.

SteelTorch
12-04-2008, 09:20 PM
Nah. Your boy SMuG has decided that he can't handle my contributions. Notice the missing post that is quoted above? 8)
SMG
"Find a new home...you won't be posting here. Go hang out with the rejects at the steeler forum. Those are your people. Who you going to complain to now? :lol: Bubye."
Well, I sure hope this doesn't affect your ability to sleep at night, Harry. :lol:

Rickt011
12-04-2008, 09:34 PM

Will you do it?

Shawn
12-04-2008, 11:49 PM
Nah. Your boy SMuG has decided that he can't handle my contributions. Notice the missing post that is quoted above? 8)
SMG
"Find a new home...you won't be posting here. Go hang out with the rejects at the steeler forum. Those are your people. Who you going to complain to now? :lol: Bubye."
Well, I sure hope this doesn't affect your ability to sleep at night, Harry. :lol:

LOL...SteelerShades actually believes that planetsteeler will cry for Harry Nutczak, Steel Man, and all his other various troll aliases. Now that the Trib has collapsed...I'm sure all sorts of vermin will try to work their way in.

Chachi
12-05-2008, 12:14 AM
I am the board-killer!!!

Coo coo cachoo.

MeetJoeGreene
12-05-2008, 12:33 AM
I am the board-killer!!!

Coo coo cachoo.
Howdy camber!!

No political forums. man, am I going to miss prospitt :D

pfelix73
12-05-2008, 12:44 AM
Gee. I guess I'm coming over too. I just hope that Tomie and Rick stay away.

Hello again to all of you. And there are some on here that I was wondering what happened to over at the other site... Where's Chadman? Is he over here?

Go Steelers!

Shawn
12-05-2008, 06:59 AM

Hello again to all of you. And there are some on here that I was wondering what happened to over at the other site... Where's Chadman? Is he over here?

Go Steelers!

Rick is a solid poster and a solid guy...he is here.
Tomie is a troll...but per the head honcho is welcome here.
Chadman is here.

RuthlessBurgher
12-05-2008, 11:24 AM
I am the board-killer!!!

Coo coo cachoo.
Howdy camber!!

No political forums. man, am I going to miss prospitt :D

Chachi is camber? Cool. We'll have to get a photoshop contest going then, because he was always good for at least one disturbing image per contest. Gotta love it. :twisted:

flippy
12-05-2008, 11:31 AM
Anyone know where LonBull went?

Steeler Mafia
12-05-2008, 11:56 AM

Ahhh. The Doom and Gloom team are here. That's Greeeeaaaat! {Heavy Sarcasim} :stirpot

Rickt011
12-05-2008, 12:17 PM

Go Steelers!

Chadman is here.
Thanks SMG, contrary to some who are coming here just now, I was invited here long ago. I migrated the game thread here at the owners request. I am no troll, and probably the biggest Steeler fan alive, but I dislike the current HC and FO for failing to follow through on promises. Many feel I have switched to the "dark side" and I laugh. I just took my blinders off.

flippy
12-05-2008, 01:31 PM

Go Steelers!

Chadman is here.
Thanks SMG, contrary to some who are coming here just now, I was invited here long ago. I migrated the game thread here at the owners request. I am no troll, and probably the biggest Steeler fan alive, but I dislike the current HC and FO for failing to follow through on promises. Many feel I have switched to the "dark side" and I laugh. I just took my blinders off.

you just haven't figured out we're gonna win the superbowl yet this year :tt1

D Rock
12-05-2008, 05:24 PM
Can I get a little clarification on Steeler Shades...

wasn't he once...and I use this innocently and not to say anything bad about anybody...part of the 'clique' over on Trib? Now I see him lumped together with Nutczak? Someone please help me out on this one.

sd steel
12-05-2008, 05:50 PM
They are letting anyone in.(there goes the neighborhood) :lol: Shades is a 15 year old smart alec, Harry is an attention hound hater, and Rick is a blowhard who can't accept the fact that our Steelers are pretty darn good, (oline and all). They are all welcome, but hopefully this board polices itself.

Jigawatts
12-05-2008, 05:58 PM

wasn't he once...and I use this innocently and not to say anything bad about anybody...part of the 'clique' over on Trib? Now I see him lumped together with Nutczak? Someone please help me out on this one.

I still don't know who Queerbait is. :lol:

Wolfhound45
12-05-2008, 07:22 PM
It was good while it lasted. Time to move on.

Shawn
12-05-2008, 08:30 PM

I don't know who this "clique" is...but a group of us guys got together for a game. He initially was going to come...but it didn't work out. I would rather not get into more details than that.

eniparadoxgma
12-05-2008, 08:54 PM
It was good while it lasted. Time to move on.
Think I might be right behind ya.

Shawn
12-05-2008, 09:11 PM

Go Steelers!

Chadman is here.

I like your style personally. I don't always agree obviously but I enjoy your posts.

stlrz d
12-05-2008, 09:43 PM

Go Steelers!

Chadman is here.

So when do you take the blinders off and admit this team is good?

Wolfie, Enip, you guys serious? :shock:

agdci981
12-05-2008, 10:01 PM
:lol: :lol: :lol:
You sure liked the HC and FO PRIOR to the 2007 season. They go 10-6 that year and win the division then start out 9-3 this year and you all of a sudden don't like them because they are making you look like a fool for predicting 14-2 last year (they failed to get there) and then 5-11 this year and they have far exceeded that prediction. Just admit you don't know what you are talking about and can't predict anything Steelers and you will be left alone and not look dumb. This is just too funny coming from you...someone that called me a troll any time I spoke out against the franchise and now you are doing the same but it is fine in your mind cause you "took your blinders off." :moon

agdci981
12-05-2008, 10:03 PM

Go Steelers!

Chadman is here.
I am pretty sure rick is neither.
Solid Poster...No, he has no clue what he is talking about.
Solid guy...No, he threatened someone's life (oldtime67 or whatever his name was) at the Trib board.
So wrong on both accounts shawn.

Shawn
12-05-2008, 10:24 PM

Go Steelers!

Chadman is here.
Solid guy...No, he threatened someone's life (oldtime67 or whatever his name was) at the Trib board.

Good to see a man of your moral standing making that observation.

eniparadoxgma
12-05-2008, 11:06 PM

I agree with him (adg) completely.

We've now got two of the worst from the Trib here. Rick, threatening and insulting people over and over and over and over, tammiesteel the snitch, reporting people and getting them banned, threatening to run to the mods every 5 seconds then intentionally spamming message boards with complete and utter idiocy...also trying to rip Steelers fans off etc.

Thought that was the whole point of this site versus the Trib...

MeetJoeGreene
12-05-2008, 11:23 PM

Go Steelers!

Chadman is here.

you just haven't figured out we're gonna win the superbowl yet this year :tt1

Does that mean a Super Bowl or bust thread is coming soon????

:tt2 :tt2 :tt1 :tt1

agdci981
12-05-2008, 11:35 PM
What is that supposed to mean? I have NEVER threatened a fellow poster's life over a discussion about the Steelers.

Rickt011
12-05-2008, 11:57 PM

Go Steelers!

Chadman is here.

LoL :nono I didn't threaten anyones life on there. I asked the old fart if he want to go hunting, and that means I threaten him. You weirdos are something else. Amazing how you trolls operate. If I was to threaten a poster, it would be you first 981! I didn't like you in 2002, I don't like you now. :Beer SS saved you once, he won't make that mistake again. Read the TOS troll, you're a :loser don't pester me here, they will not put up with it. You and any other real troll from the Trib, or clone that can't get over the fact there is more to the world then "the Steelers are the greatest ever", will learn to leave people alone or the people who run this site will show you the door. You feel you have to stick your nose into other peoples lives/business. Take a hike 981, and above all, have a nice day while at it!

SteelerOfDeVille
12-06-2008, 12:25 AM
Anyone know where LonBull went?
hot damn, flippy made it!!!

Rickt011
12-06-2008, 12:28 AM

We've now got two of the worst from the Trib here. Rick, threatening and insulting people over and over and over and over, tammiesteel the snitch, reporting people and getting them banned, threatening to run to the mods every 5 seconds then intentionally spamming message boards with complete and utter idiocy...also trying to rip Steelers fans off etc.

I never threaten one person, ever in any of the 20,000 posts I had there. As much as I would have loved to reached threw the screen and choked the crap out of a few people from time to time, but it made me more resolved to deal with posters like you till you realized the world doesn't revolve around you, that your ideas and desires are not mine. I have a mind and choose to use it, you on the other hand choose to side with a known manic depressive person, who has a serious problem dealing with reality. Many know 981, have seen his work in action for 6 years on the Trib. The guy is a psychiatrist's dream, 981 can put Cybil to shame! Multiple personalities is just one of his traits. The guy is classic stuff. But you go right ahead and side with him, what the heck, invite him (981) over to play with the wife n kids! I'm sure y'all will have a gay old time!

JDSteeler
12-06-2008, 12:39 AM

I never threaten one person, ever in any of the 20,000 posts I had there. As much as I would have loved to reached threw the screen and choked the crap out of a few people from time to time, but it made me more resolved to deal with posters like you till you realized the world doesn't revolve around you, that your ideas and desires are not mine. I have a mind and choose to use it, you on the other hand choose to side with a known manic depressive person, who has a serious problem dealing with reality. Many know 981, have seen his work in action for 6 years on the Trib. The guy is a psychiatrist's dream, 981 can put Cybil to shame! Multiple personalities is just one of his traits. The guy is classic stuff. But you go right ahead and side with him, what the heck, invite him (981) over to play with the wife n kids! I'm sure y'all will have a gay old time!

Dude...are you done yet?

WTF?

Talk about the Steelers, and leave the drama outta here!!!

Geez!

JD

AngryAsian
12-06-2008, 01:20 AM

Dude...are you done yet?

WTF?

Talk about the Steelers, and leave the drama outta here!!!

Geez!

JD

Thanks for being a voice of reason. We need to leave the past and especially the Trib past a rest. Its done. This board is different and will handle things quite differently. All are expected to act like adults. Let's give it all a rest please.

steelz09
12-06-2008, 01:36 AM
Agreed!

The Trib is history, literally. Let's move on please and talk about more important things (i.e. the STEELERS!) :)

Rickt011
12-06-2008, 02:26 AM
Good luck JH....You're going to need it.

sd steel
12-06-2008, 02:58 AM

86 this guy already, he is already calling Steeler fans "clones", because we are optimistic about our chances. I don't know a thing about adci, but he seemed to be a solid poster, and only set Rick off because he didn't agree with Rick that "the Steelers are horrible".

I haven't posted that much here, but I bet Rick will cause more issues on this board than Tommy, HHH, Crash and Pete combined. He is a toxic cancer. He is not interested in the Steelers, he is interested in being right, and insulting anyone who doesn't agree with him.

The guy needs some serious mental help, and although I wouldn't say he threatened oldtimer, I know he threatened Pierogi Pete. (which I don't really care about, but someone brought it up :lol: )

He has an agenda, and it is hoping the Steelers lose their last 4 games. He has already picked this team to be 5-11, 7-9 and 8-8. Now we are 9-3 he is still grasping for Steelers fans predictions for the last 4 games in hopes that they (Clones, optimistic Steelers fans, children, Koolaid drinkers), will be proven wrong that this team is pretty good. If he is gonna be here at least label him a hater or a troll or whatever, because he never played football, he has no clue about football, and he is rooting against my favorite team......The Pittsburgh Steelers!
:2c

Ezekiel 25:17
12-06-2008, 03:54 AM

86 this guy already, he is already calling Steeler fans "clones", because we are optimistic about our chances. I don't know a thing about adci, but he seemed to be a solid poster, and only set Rick off because he didn't agree with Rick that "the Steelers are horrible".

I haven't posted that much here, but I bet Rick will cause more issues on this board than Tommy, HHH, Crash and Pete combined. He is a toxic cancer. He is not interested in the Steelers, he is interested in being right, and insulting anyone who doesn't agree with him.

The guy needs some serious mental help, and although I wouldn't say he threatened oldtimer, I know he threatened Pierogi Pete. (which I don't really care about, but someone brought it up :lol: )

He has an agenda, and it is hoping the Steelers lose their last 4 games. He has already picked this team to be 5-11, 7-9 and 8-8. Now we are 9-3 he is still grasping for Steelers fans predictions for the last 4 games in hopes that they (Clones, optimistic Steelers fans, children, Koolaid drinkers), will be proven wrong that this team is pretty good. If he is gonna be here at least label him a hater or a troll or whatever, because he never played football, he has no clue about football, and he is rooting against my favorite team......The Pittsburgh Steelers!
:2c

:Agree

BTW, his threat was implied, not direct, against Oldtimer, but it occurred.

Anyway, Here's to 12-4 and a 1st round bye. :tt1

Herewegosteelers!
12-06-2008, 08:31 AM
I don't post much but I enjoyed reading most of the posts from the Trib board and see that a lot of those good posters are here. So come on Steelers, it's time tomorrow to make Jessica cry!!! :twisted:

Steeler Shades
12-06-2008, 08:53 AM
Thanks for being a voice of reason. We need to leave the past and especially the Trib past a rest. Its done. This board is different and will handle things quite differently. All are expected to act like adults. Let's give it all a rest please.
x2
Fresh start for everyone. Lets forget about the Trib (and any perceived injustices) and judge the members of this site by what they post here. What is the worse that could happen.......some posters will get tossed and some will become contributing members of this site. IMHO - more good posters would benefit all of us and any growing pains would be short lived. 8)