PDA

View Full Version : Fox Sports : MVP candidates

anger 82&95
12-04-2008, 12:53 PM
My vote would be for number 6...

http://msn.foxsports.com/nfl/pgStory?co ... to=8890562 (http://msn.foxsports.com/nfl/pgStory?contentId=8891140&MSNHPHMA#sport=NFL&photo=8890562)

DkBlue
12-04-2008, 01:00 PM
I think they are off base alluding to Harrison as being a product of the system. The system has been in place for a long time and not since Greg Loyld has anyone put up that kind of performance.

papillon
12-04-2008, 01:02 PM
I hope the Cowboys "account" for Troy and not Silverback. I'm not sure that's a winning combination.

Pappy

Discipline of Steel
12-04-2008, 01:17 PM
Peyton Manning as #1 ?!? Thats ludicrous.

RuthlessBurgher
12-04-2008, 01:21 PM

When I hear that a QB is 6th in the league in passing yardage, 8th in the league in passing TD's, has thrown the 5th most interceptions in the league, and has his team 3 games back of the leaders in his division, that SCREAMS MVP to me. :roll:

anger 82&95
12-04-2008, 01:30 PM

When I hear that a QB is 6th in the league in passing yardage, 8th in the league in passing TD's, has thrown the 5th most interceptions in the league, and has his team 3 games back of the leaders in his division, that SCREAMS MVP to me. :roll:If MVP stands for Most Valued by Prejudiced/Predisposed sports announcers, then by all means give it to Peyton “I beat the Steelers by extreme luck” Manning.

Iron Shiek
12-04-2008, 01:36 PM
I nearly turned off my Sirius radio feed here at work when I heard him talking about his article he was doing and he repeatedly kept saying Peyton would be his pick. John Riggins is his co-host, and was pretty much agreeing with him, but qualified it by saying Peyton needs to keep his team on a winning path to get it. Still though, he hasn't put up a MVP worthy season. No freakin way.

I couldn't access the top 9 list. Did Matt Ryan make his list? They were both hyping him up as well. I think its way to premature to crown him MVP...Turner deserves it more than he does on that team.

Discipline of Steel
12-04-2008, 01:55 PM
I think Matt Ryan was #5. Id take him over Brees, Cutler, Romo, and certainly P Manning. He has put the Michael Vick era to rest and totally changed Atlanta. E Manning is about equal with him but Id still take JH over any of them. But is JH more valuable than Adrian Peterson? That is a tough call, but I think JH takes it because he leads a dominating unit. AP is an equally productive player but does not lead a dominant offense. So that is my case for James Harrison as NFL MVP...Mr. Schien better watch out, he'll end up schiening Mr. Harrison's [shoes].

Sugar
12-04-2008, 01:56 PM
I know that MVP's are usually offensive players, but Silverback has certainly given everyone something to think about. With the glamour positions not having the best year it certainly opens up the possibilities for a defensive stud like Harrison.

Iron Shiek
12-04-2008, 02:42 PM
I know that MVP's are usually offensive players, but Silverback has certainly given everyone something to think about. With the glamour positions not having the best year it certainly opens up the possibilities for a defensive stud like Harrison.

Well he has 4 more games to make his case. And like Tomlin says, while it looks spectacular to everyone else, he pretty much has come to expect that type of performance from him in each game and its a letdown if he doesn't. So if he keeps up his "normal" level of play, then he will definitely merit huge consideration from those that vote for this, I can guarantee it. Maybe he won't win, but he will be up there in voting. Keep it up Silverback! :Beer

Chachi
12-05-2008, 09:38 AM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G4S8EmVpKBI

Ohhhhh...you said MVP.....

My bad. :oops:

flippy
12-05-2008, 11:11 AM
Aaron Smith gets more double teams than any Steeler.

Troy might be the best defensive player in the game.

James Harrison is held every play and is flat out amazing.

And Timmons is on his way to being our best defender real soon. Watch who teams make sure they block when Timmons lines up outside Harrison or Woodley and which other LB it frees up to make a play.

Keisel is becoming more like Aaron Smith this year.

Clark's the most underrated player in the game.

Farrior's the most sound defensive player on our roster.

Ike and the corners are playing great.

And our backups are stepping in and playing like starters.

Casey's the only person having a bit of a down year, but it's good to see last week he can dominate if he gets a little fired up. Maybe a precursor to what we can expect from him in the playoffs.

So in a sense, yeah, James Harrison is a product of a system. And the system helps almost as much as he helps the system.