PDA

View Full Version : Cowboys @ Steelers Prediction Thread

stlrz d
12-04-2008, 09:19 AM
Ran out of time this morning so I'll post my reasons later. For now, the score.

26-20 Steelers

:tt2 :tt1 :tt2 :tt1 :tt2 :tt1 :tt2 :tt1 :tt2 :tt1 :tt2 :tt1 :tt2 :tt1

Oviedo
12-04-2008, 09:44 AM
Steelers win 20-16.

The Steelers defense bends but doesn't break. I expect we may see something similar to the Pats game close first half and we make half time adjustments and put it away in the second half.

The team that makes mistakes will lose.

RuthlessBurgher
12-04-2008, 11:13 AM
Our defense has allowed 10 points in each of the past 3 games.

Slackers. They can do better than that. Steelers 24-9.

Iron Shiek
12-04-2008, 11:16 AM
I'm going with 13-9...good guys.

It will be a defensive game yet again...

:tt2

AkronSteel
12-04-2008, 11:57 AM
Steelers 24
Cowboys 12

The Cowboys will struggle with the weather the footing and the Steelers defense. I expect to see the offense play the way it has for the last few weeks and put together a few solid drives throughout the game. Romo will struggle mightily against the Steelers D with a couple of picks and 2-3 sacks. D Ware will be a handful for the Steeler tackles but ultimately the difference between the two teams is the superior ability of the Steelers D.

Ozey74
12-04-2008, 12:12 PM
I predict that I will drink 10 beers during the game.

:Beer

rpmpit
12-04-2008, 12:18 PM
Since I bet a coworker Cowboy's fan that they won't score a single point on us, I'll say...

Steelers 27
Cowboys 0

Starlifter
12-04-2008, 12:27 PM
i'm going with the longshot. smothering D and an Offense that is really starting to click. 35-3. Steelers.

papillon
12-04-2008, 01:04 PM
Steelers big. Ben continues to get his groove going...

Steelers 30
Cowboys 9

Pappy

Oviedo
12-04-2008, 02:16 PM
Steelers big. Ben continues to get his groove going...

Steelers 30
Cowboys 9

Pappy

Sorry, and I hope I'm wrong, but the only way that may even remotely happen is if Ware and Barber are both out of the line up.

I do appreciate the optimism.

ramblinjim
12-04-2008, 02:27 PM
Reed bangs four field goals, we score on two long touchdown drives with GR, FWP and MM being a three headed monster.

Steelers 26

Cowboys have one really good Marion Barber drive that makes us all throw up in our mouth and one crazy 70 yard bomb pass play where someone has great coverage and the pass is just perfect. They get a cheap field goal in there somewhere.

Cowboys 17

Djfan
12-04-2008, 03:43 PM
Didn't they announce that Barber is out?

TCB
12-04-2008, 04:45 PM
24 - 20, Steelers.

We need to score points because the Boys have weapons.

Uncle Rico
12-04-2008, 08:11 PM
Steelers 21 Cowboys 10

stlrz d
12-04-2008, 09:19 PM
Didn't they announce that Barber is out?

Doubtful was the announcement I heard.

Jooser
12-04-2008, 09:25 PM
24 - 10, Steelers.

The 10 points allowed trend continues, but we roll to number 10.

Rickt011
12-04-2008, 09:27 PM
Dallas 24 Steelers 17

stlrz d
12-04-2008, 09:34 PM
Dallas 24 Steelers 17

There's a shock. What was your prediction last week? :lol:

buckeyehoppy
12-04-2008, 10:16 PM
Two iron clad Ds face off...too bad the O for one is on the ascendancy and the other is overrated and one-dimensional.

The Steelers D just can't seem to put it all together for a shutout, but they'll still come close. Romo the H*m* will be constantly harassed and won't do $hit. Same goes for his GF BO.

Cowqueens: America's Team? F--- that!!! The Steelers enforce the new law...of America's Real Team!!!

Steelers win: 24-3.

Rickt011
12-04-2008, 10:54 PM
Dallas 24 Steelers 17
If you can't handle reality, then why reply to the post?

Chadman
12-04-2008, 10:57 PM
Steelers 31 Cowboys 31

Anthony Smith gave Chadman the nod...it's a fix!

:tt1

NorCal-Steeler
12-04-2008, 10:58 PM
Steelers 35 Cowboys 14

I also predict Romo gets hurt and Ike finaly gets an int and T.O. throws a tantrum

stlrz d
12-04-2008, 11:02 PM
Dallas 24 Steelers 17

It's not reality I can't handle Rick because your posts aren't based in reality. You call for us to lose nearly every week.

Nearly_every_week.

Do I need to bump the game threads to remind you, and so other folks can see the doom and gloom you start each one with?

TonyRomo
12-04-2008, 11:22 PM
Dallas 31-21

Pittsburgh, too many weaknesses. Can't beat good teams.

Discipline of Steel
12-05-2008, 12:24 AM
Cowboys come in and start strong but fade as the game progresses. Tony Romo gets his nose disfigured by James Harrison, his girlfriend drops him and sleeps with James Harrison. Pacman gets eaten alive by Nate Washington. BO catches one pass for 7 yards and is seen crying on the Dallass star after the game. Emmitt Smith comments on how hes never seen an a$$-whipping like that while Tom Landry turns over in his grave. Troy Aikman finally comes out of the closet. Jerry Jones fumbles with his checkbook as he hurredly works to trade for Plaxico Burress. While all this is going on, Wade Philips stands by placidly playing his fiddle.

Jooser
12-05-2008, 12:47 AM
I definitely see TO throwing some kind of tantrum. He's such a putz.

http://img228.imageshack.us/img228/1775/schmuckfeaturesrumsfeldnh3.jpg (http://imageshack.us)

RuthlessBurgher
12-05-2008, 11:04 AM
[quote=Rickt011]Dallas 24 Steelers 17

It's not reality I can't handle Rick because your posts aren't based in reality. You call for us to lose nearly every week.

Nearly_every_week.

Do I need to bump the game threads to remind you, and so other folks can see the doom and gloom you start each one with?[/quote:2u42y06s]

I actually look forward to rick's gloom and doom picks for superstition's sake at this point. He picks against us, and we win. I will start to worry about our chances when he picks us to win handily. When he picks against us, it makes me feel comfortable that we will be able to pull out a win.

Steeler Expat
12-05-2008, 12:18 PM
Steelers: 26 :tt1
Cowgirls: 13 :loser

Ezekiel 25:17
12-05-2008, 01:27 PM
Dallas 24 Steelers 17

Over the next 4 games, what's our (Steelers) record going to be, Rick? Just curious as to your opinion.

4-0
3-1
2-2
1-3
0-4

What do you think, Rick?

Jigawatts
12-05-2008, 02:46 PM
I'm going with a pessimistic prediction only because it worked last week and
I can't change that.

Cowboys win 24-17

mr.pittsburgh
12-05-2008, 02:51 PM
Steelers-24
Cowboys-13

12-05-2008, 03:25 PM
I also predict that it's going to be cold as isht at gametime

High 26. Snow likely.

How do you think Romo's going to feel mid 3rd quarter, his fingers and toes have no feeling, his receivers have alligator arms because they keep getting jacked up over the middle, and here comes Harrison and Woodley, getting ready to hit his Pinky Tuscadero-az$ with the Milachi Crunch!!!

http://www.bedoshirts.com/images/medium/malachicrunch_MED.jpg

TallyStiller
12-05-2008, 07:43 PM
Steelers 26 Cowgirls 9. They just aren't built to play in the cold, especially with Barber ailing - even if he plays, he won't be close to 100%... we win despite continuing struggles in the red zone against a solid defense by stifling the overrated Dallas O. Resurgence? Yeah, they scored 69 in 2 games - at home against San Francisco and Seattle. They need to thank the NFL for the soft schedule that allowed them to get back into contention and start packing their bags for the golf junket that awaits them post December 28.

TD386Steel
12-05-2008, 08:31 PM
I say Steelers 31 Cowboys 17

pirogi pete
12-06-2008, 12:42 AM
Dallas 24 Steelers 17

Reality????
:lol: :lol:

You have zero concept of reality, RICK.

You're just a bully with a computer.

How's your 8-8 prediction going, Einstein?

Rickt011
12-06-2008, 01:21 AM
[quote=Rickt011]Dallas 24 Steelers 17There's a shock. What was your prediction last week? :lol:
Reality????
:lol: :lol:
You have zero concept of reality, RICK.
You're just a bully with a computer.
How's your 8-8 prediction going, Einstein?[/quote:1fb6ur2a]
Don't start your crap here PP. This isn't a lame Trib board that had rules that wasn't followed. J will dump people and SMG will lock down threads. I strongly suggest you read the TOS here and abide by it, or you won't be here long. Before you start on me, I was invited here by the owner and mods long before you dreamed of coming here. I'm not looking for trouble, but it is clear you are. So knock it off now, before it is too late. They won't be throwing us both off like the trib, just the one who is starting the trouble here. This goes for all the clones and trolls, everyone, not just you Pete.

Rickt011
12-06-2008, 01:58 AM

Nearly_every_week.

Do I need to bump the game threads to remind you, and so other folks can see the doom and gloom you start each one with?[/quote:18ntsnta]

Hmmmm I'm in 9th place .657 and in line for the play offs this year on the weekly picks. yeah I don't know nothing about football, doom n gloom? I can do nothing but laugh. If you can't understand logic, then you just will never get it. for every action there is an equal reaction. Failing to do ones job as the HC or by the FO, has rippling effects, that is why our OL is a mess, and not better this late in the year. The play calling has been corrected to help the OL, not hurt it. Finally they figured that out.

I don't spread doom n gloom. I state facts, nothing I have said is based of my personal desire. The OL stinks, there is no way around it, and we are 9-3 and very lucky with the OL we have. That is alright, we have to play solid D's these next 3 games. We're 6-1 against teams with no chance of getting into the playoffs, 3-2 against teams that do! 3 of the 4 teams we are about to play are play off contenders. We win out, we win the AFCN, 3-1 we may win the north, or possibly a WC birth. 2-2 and we are done, 1-3, 0-4 and we're done.

The real doom n gloom is the fantasy land you clones live in. When you come down to reality, it's gonna get ugly fast. Beating up bad teams and thumping ones chest over it isn't a great way to be. Knowing you beat no one and haven't done anything yet will keep you in perspective grasshopper.

4 games and the reg season is over, the playoffs will be set, and then you can say what ever you want. But there are 4 games left and I predicted 1-3 over it, not because of doom n gloom, but because we don't play solid D's well at all, and the next 3 D's are some of the best in the game, and our O will be exploited at the LOS. Not going to be a pretty site. I hope when you see how the OL reacts, you'll then know why I have little faith in our OL, HC, and FO.

GreggyDigital
12-06-2008, 03:00 AM

Nearly_every_week.

Do I need to bump the game threads to remind you, and so other folks can see the doom and gloom you start each one with?

Hmmmm I'm in 9th place .657 and in line for the play offs this year on the weekly picks. yeah I don't know nothing about football, doom n gloom? I can do nothing but laugh. If you can't understand logic, then you just will never get it. for every action there is an equal reaction. Failing to do ones job as the HC or by the FO, has rippling effects, that is why our OL is a mess, and not better this late in the year. The play calling has been corrected to help the OL, not hurt it. Finally they figured that out.

I don't spread doom n gloom. I state facts, nothing I have said is based of my personal desire. The OL stinks, there is no way around it, and we are 9-3 and very lucky with the OL we have. That is alright, we have to play solid D's these next 3 games. We're 6-1 against teams with no chance of getting into the playoffs, 3-2 against teams that do! 3 of the 4 teams we are about to play are play off contenders. We win out, we win the AFCN, 3-1 we may win the north, or possibly a WC birth. 2-2 and we are done, 1-3, 0-4 and we're done.

The real doom n gloom is the fantasy land you clones live in. When you come down to reality, it's gonna get ugly fast. Beating up bad teams and thumping ones chest over it isn't a great way to be. Knowing you beat no one and haven't done anything yet will keep you in perspective grasshopper.

4 games and the reg season is over, the playoffs will be set, and then you can say what ever you want. But there are 4 games left and I predicted 1-3 over it, not because of doom n gloom, but because we don't play solid D's well at all, and the next 3 D's are some of the best in the game, and our O will be exploited at the LOS. Not going to be a pretty site. I hope when you see how the OL reacts, you'll then know why I have little faith in our OL, HC, and FO.[/quote:2dvwrozx]

Do you ever enjoy games?

Rickt011
12-06-2008, 10:25 AM
Do you ever enjoy games?
Yes I do, I prefer a good defensive battle to these high scoring one sided games. Next 3 games are going to define our season. We win them, and we're in the play offs and once there, anything can happen, unless you're so predictable the good teams see through it and they end up beating us like the Colts and Giants have.

It's looking more to me MT coaches on the go, meaning, he waits to see something go wrong before he addresses it, that is reactive coaching, and I prefer proactive coaching, where the coach has vision, sees the problems ahead and takes measures to prevent the embarrassments. Reactive coaching will move our team backwards and our days as perennial winners is over. This is why our team will only go so far, they are not geared to win, they react. Dick Lebeau is the only coach/coordinator who knows what he is doing on this team, he doesn't care what MT does, so long as he leaves his D alone, outside of feeding him more LBs and DBs. Now that is my opinion, and I'm voicing it. You don't have to agree with it, it's your choice to disagree.

There is no threats, no wild claims, just normal observations to this point in the season. Thanks for asking GD. Are you new to posting, or another old poster with a new name?

GreggyDigital
12-06-2008, 10:38 AM
Do you ever enjoy games?
Yes I do, I prefer a good defensive battle to these high scoring one sided games. Next 3 games are going to define our season. We win them, and we're in the play offs and once there, anything can happen, unless you're so predictable the good teams see through it and they end up beating us like the Colts and Giants have.

It's looking more to me MT coaches on the go, meaning, he waits to see something go wrong before he addresses it, that is reactive coaching, and I prefer proactive coaching, where the coach has vision, sees the problems ahead and takes measures to prevent the embarrassments. Reactive coaching will move our team backwards and our days as perennial winners is over. This is why our team will only go so far, they are not geared to win, they react. bad word Lebeau is the only coach/coordinator who knows what he is doing on this team, he doesn't care what MT does, so long as he leaves his D alone, outside of feeding him more LBs and DBs. Now that is my opinion, and I'm voicing it. You don't have to agree with it, it's your choice to disagree.

There is no threats, no wild claims, just normal observations to this point in the season. Thanks for asking GD. Are you new to posting, or another old poster with a new name?

Let me first say, I never said I disagreed with everything you wrote. Some points are valid, some are embellished. Pretty standard prediction thread.

Your writing just has such a negative connotation that it leads me to believe that you would almost want to right with your predictions rather than the Steelers prove you wrong.

Just like your prediction, this is only my opinion - however, seems like most around here would agree.

New to these forums but I stalked Steelerslive.com. Not my first rodeo.

stlrz d
12-06-2008, 10:48 AM
Greggy you are correct. Rick predicts the doom and gloom, goes off on these crazy "embellishments" as you call them and hopes he is right simply so he can say he is right.

Every week it's "I just don't see us winning this game. We are beat up, our OL is a mess and I just hope Ben can stay healthy. Tomlin and the FO just don't get it blah blah blah."

And if you'll pay close attention you'll see he uses the word "lucky" an awful lot in reference to the Steelers' successes.

Over on the trib I started out trying to discuss football with him but I quickly learned it doesn't work.

http://www.geocities.com/Hollywood/Bungalow/6046/images/eeyore1.jpg

pirogi pete
12-06-2008, 11:31 AM
Don't start your crap here PP. This isn't a lame Trib board that had rules that wasn't followed. J will dump people and SMG will lock down threads. I strongly suggest you read the TOS here and abide by it, or you won't be here long. Before you start on me, I was invited here by the owner and mods long before you dreamed of coming here. I'm not looking for trouble, but it is clear you are. So knock it off now, before it is too late. They won't be throwing us both off like the trib, just the one who is starting the trouble here. This goes for all the clones and trolls, everyone, not just you Pete.
I can assure you I'm not attempting to "start some crap" here, RICK.

If you remember, for a long time many of us tried very hard to have civil conversations with you. But every, single time it melted into you threatening our sanity, ego or manhood.

I'm not going to go on about what happened before. Suffice to say I certainly won't be a part of it here. But YOU need to recognize the terrible wake you left. Calling people clones, trolls, kool-aid drinkers and worse isn't an endearing quality.

And this will be the final time I mention the past.

RuthlessBurgher
12-06-2008, 11:52 AM
2-2 and we are done.

Just to clarify...2-2 would make us 11-5. When was the last time an 11-5 team was done? I can't remember one.

Last year, Cleveland missed the playoffs with a 10-6 record, which is exceedingly rare. Since 1990, the only other 10-6 teams to miss the playoffs were the Chiefs in 2005, the Dolphins in 2003, and both the Eagles and Niners in 1991. There has not been an instance of an 11-5 team missing the playoffs in that time.

In fact, if we win tomorrow and NE and MIA both lose, we clinch a playoff spot already (sure, it is not bloody likely since they are playing Seattle and Buffalo respectively, but still, it a possibility).

In terms of scenarios that do not involve other teams, we can clinch the AFC North division title (and therefore at least one home playoff game) if we simply win our next 2 games no matter what anyone else does. Since we are a game up on Baltimore, if we beat Dallas, we stay a game up even if Baltimore beats Washington. If we then win our game against the Ravens next weekend, that puts us 2 games up on them with only 2 games to go, and we would hold the tiebreaker by beating them twice. There would be no way for them to catch us.

pfelix73
12-06-2008, 12:11 PM
Steelers 21
Cowboys 17

or

Steelers 35
Cowboys 31

NOT

Cowboys 27
Steelers 17

OK Seriously:

Steelers 23
Cowboys 16

Go Steelers!

12-06-2008, 12:14 PM
Frankly, I also love a defensive battle. I don't quite know what "high scoring one sided games" to which Rick refers, but it seems a little disingenuous to state that a 34-10 win by the Steelers is worse than a 17-14 OT win. Just my opinion, though.

Once we make the playoffs, (and we WILL make the playoffs), we'll continue our trend of riding the defense, keeping the score down and looking for the offensive General, Ben "I've already got one SB Ring" Roethlisberger to do his thing. If we stick to the formula that we've deployed all season except in the Philly game (including both the loss to the Giants and the Colts) we have a great chance to beat any and every team in ths NFL. Period.

As far as Mike Tomlin, of the 13 weeks of this season, he's been voted Coach of the Week 3 TIMES. No other coach in the league has earned this honor more than once. Nothing else to say.

I myself have had fun watching this team (not the defense, not James Harrison, but the STEELERS) all season long.

RuthlessBurgher
12-06-2008, 12:14 PM
Steelers 21
Cowboys 17

or

Steelers 35
Cowboys 31

NOT

Cowboys 27
Steelers 17

OK Seriously:

Steelers 23
Cowboys 16

Go Steelers!

Don't worry...Ben has more Terry Bradshaw in him than Neil O'Donnell. And with the way our defense is playing right now, it harkens back to those great defenses of the mid-to-late 70's and the mid-90's.

12-06-2008, 12:16 PM
Frankly, I also love a defensive battle. I don't quite know what "high scoring one sided games" to which Rick refers, but it seems a little disingenuous to state that a 34-10 win by the Steelers is worse than a 17-14 OT win. Just my opinion, though.

Once we make the playoffs, (and we WILL make the playoffs), we'll continue our trend of riding the defense, keeping the score down and looking for the offensive General, Ben "I've already got one SB Ring" Roethlisberger to do his thing. If we stick to the formula that we've deployed all season except in the Philly game (including both the loss to the Giants and the Colts) we have a great chance to beat any and every team in ths NFL. Period.

As far as Mike Tomlin, of the 13 weeks of this season, he's been voted Coach of the Week 3 TIMES. No other coach in the league has earned this honor more than once. Nothing else to say.

I myself have had fun watching this team (not the defense, not James Harrison, but the STEELERS) all season long.

SteelCityGal
12-06-2008, 02:43 PM
Hi all, new to this board, but have been reading some of the threads here and just thought I'd get an opinion in on a few things.

I've heard it stated here, and on other threads, that the Steelers have not beat any quality teams yet, but what is the quality of the team we are facing this week compared to our own?

Everyone points out that we have only beaten 3 teams with .500 or better records, but the exact same holds true for Dallas. The only good teams they have beaten are Tampa Bay, Philly and Washington once, every single one by 4 points as well and two of them with Romo at QB.

They've only won one game this year by more than 20 points...Seattle at home. They've beaten Cleveland by 18, Green Bay by 11, Cincy by 9 and San Fran by 13. I might add that they also have let teams like Cincy and San Fran put 22 points on the board. Not exactly a heavy weight defensive showing.

They have lost two games by 20 points or more, Giants by 21 and St.Louis by 20. Both of these teams got more than 30 points on the board, as well as Arizona beating them 30-24 (Romo at QB for this game as well).

The 3 games the Steelers have lost have been by 9, 7 and 4 points (20 total). We've also beaten 3 teams by more than 20 points (Cincy twice and NE) and 2 teams by more than 10 points (Wash. and Houston), with 4 games being close.

I'm not going to predict a score for this game because I haven't predicted a score since the Colts game and I refuse to start now, but I'm telling you right now, if that defense lets us get on the board like Cincy and San Fran could it's game over for them. They may have a guy on their defense who can sack a QB, but a defense needs more than sacks to win a game. Even if Ben goes down 4 or 5 times, that means nothing when it comes down to winning. He'll might even throw a pick in there somewhere and let them get 7 from it, but he's been doing great and protecting the football and playing smart. After a lackluster start to the season I think he's finally got his head back in the game.

I've seen nothing spectacular out of their defense this year though, and honestly they haven't really won against anybody noteworthy either.

steelz09
12-06-2008, 02:48 PM
Good point SteelCityGal.

Prediction:

Steelers: 31
Cowboys: 20

stlrz d
12-06-2008, 02:51 PM
Welcome aboard SCG! :tt1

A lot of folks also tend to forget that when you beat a team they, of course, get one in the L column instead of the W column. Which makes their record worse.

frankthetank1
12-06-2008, 02:55 PM
here is to ben breaking the record this sunday and becoming the most winning qb in nfl history in his first 5 seasons :Beer :Beer :Beer

RuthlessBurgher
12-06-2008, 04:00 PM
Hi all, new to this board, but have been reading some of the threads here and just thought I'd get an opinion in on a few things.

I've heard it stated here, and on other threads, that the Steelers have not beat any quality teams yet, but what is the quality of the team we are facing this week compared to our own?

Everyone points out that we have only beaten 3 teams with .500 or better records, but the exact same holds true for Dallas. The only good teams they have beaten are Tampa Bay, Philly and Washington once, every single one by 4 points as well and two of them with Romo at QB.

They've only won one game this year by more than 20 points...Seattle at home. They've beaten Cleveland by 18, Green Bay by 11, Cincy by 9 and San Fran by 13. I might add that they also have let teams like Cincy and San Fran put 22 points on the board. Not exactly a heavy weight defensive showing.

They have lost two games by 20 points or more, Giants by 21 and St.Louis by 20. Both of these teams got more than 30 points on the board, as well as Arizona beating them 30-24 (Romo at QB for this game as well).

The 3 games the Steelers have lost have been by 9, 7 and 4 points (20 total). We've also beaten 3 teams by more than 20 points (Cincy twice and NE) and 2 teams by more than 10 points (Wash. and Houston), with 4 games being close.

I'm not going to predict a score for this game because I haven't predicted a score since the Colts game and I refuse to start now, but I'm telling you right now, if that defense lets us get on the board like Cincy and San Fran could it's game over for them. They may have a guy on their defense who can sack a QB, but a defense needs more than sacks to win a game. Even if Ben goes down 4 or 5 times, that means nothing when it comes down to winning. He'll might even throw a pick in there somewhere and let them get 7 from it, but he's been doing great and protecting the football and playing smart. After a lackluster start to the season I think he's finally got his head back in the game.

I've seen nothing spectacular out of their defense this year though, and honestly they haven't really won against anybody noteworthy either.

Nice to see some more estrogen joining our ranks. Welcome.

Outside of NC and motter, it's been quite the sausage fest in here. :lol:

BigLebowski
12-06-2008, 05:38 PM
With Barber not making the trip and the fact that Romo will be playing in the coldest game of his career...............

Steelers 30
Cowboys 10

:Cheers :tt2

Steeler Shades
12-06-2008, 06:59 PM
Steelers 24
Dallas - 17
I don't see our defense giving up more than 20 to Tony & Co. 8)

Rickt011
12-06-2008, 11:58 PM
2-2 and we are done.

Just to clarify...2-2 would make us 11-5. When was the last time an 11-5 team was done? I can't remember one.

Last year, Cleveland missed the playoffs with a 10-6 record, which is exceedingly rare. Since 1990, the only other 10-6 teams to miss the playoffs were the Chiefs in 2005, the Dolphins in 2003, and both the Eagles and Niners in 1991. There has not been an instance of an 11-5 team missing the playoffs in that time.

In fact, if we win tomorrow and NE and MIA both lose, we clinch a playoff spot already (sure, it is not bloody likely since they are playing Seattle and Buffalo respectively, but still, it a possibility).

In terms of scenarios that do not involve other teams, we can clinch the AFC North division title (and therefore at least one home playoff game) if we simply win our next 2 games no matter what anyone else does. Since we are a game up on Baltimore, if we beat Dallas, we stay a game up even if Baltimore beats Washington. If we then win our game against the Ravens next weekend, that puts us 2 games up on them with only 2 games to go, and we would hold the tiebreaker by beating them twice. There would be no way for them to catch us.
2-2 and we're done as in, BAL wins out, we lose 2 and we are done. I seriously doubt a WC comes from the north unless we both go 3-1 or one 4-0 the other 3-1, then maybe the WC comes here. But BAL is not going to lay down and give us a W, they are going to put a tough D on our O, and we'll see our OL fold on the pressure. Good front 7's and our OL don't mix, the OL folds. I predict 1-3 over the next 4, not because of doom n gloom, we are what we are, there is no way around it. Gimmicks work against bad teams, the next 3 games will be the hardest games of the season for us, we're beat up, and now we got to play some of the best. I hope for the best but expect the worst. There are many scenarios, but I expect one of us to do good and the other to do bad. Not because I want my team to lose, because my team is lacking a OL, and so far they've been able to cover it with quicker drops, less steps, quick throws to force the D's to back off. The good D's will cover the quick routes and still rush 4 or 5, and get to Ben. Our interior OL has had many penalties and we've lost quite a few RBs behind this OL, Ben has played hurt all year, continuously re injuring his shoulder. MM has been able to spin and maneuver his way around the average to poor D's we've been playing, but the next three games are against above average D's with blitz packages that work. It's going to be cold tomorrow and that hopefully will help slow down the Cowboys, but I think it is a two way street, slows them down, it will be slowing us down too. The Cowboys front 7 are patiently waiting for our OL, they've seen the tape of PHI, they know where we are weak at. They know both tackles are slow, a speed rusher can breeze by them. The 2 guards are rookie starters this year, and the center is not the greatest. Together they form a bottom third of the league OL stat wise. What the stats don't show is the times Ben eludes the rush and makes the play. So we can wait and see what happens, the OL puts on a decent game we just might win, like I said, expect the worst, hope for the best. :)

stlrz d
12-07-2008, 12:44 AM
RB - don't even bother...we're a patchwork, makeshift, injury riddled team full of gimmicks (gimmick, wtf??? I don't even know what the hell he means by that since we haven't run a gimmick play since that Ward fiasco on the goal line way back when) who haven't beaten anyone.

I suggest you find something else to do for the rest of the season RB...that's what I plan to do. I mean, heck, we don't stand a chance. We've only got a one game lead over a team we've already beaten, but they're going to win out while we go 1 - 3 so what's the point, right?

I wish I hadn't bothered to get Sunday ticket this season...what a waste of money watching the Steelers. :roll:

http://www.trikont.com/basics/archiv/1625/0364-doom-gloom-webcover.jpg

Iron Shiek
12-07-2008, 12:50 AM
RB - don't even bother...we're a patchwork, makeshift, injury riddled team full of gimmicks (gimmick, wtf??? I don't even know what the hell he means by that since we haven't run a gimmick play since that Ward fiasco on the goal line way back when) who haven't beaten anyone.

I suggest you find something else to do for the rest of the season RB...that's what I plan to do. I mean, heck, we don't stand a chance. We've only got a one game lead over a team we've already beaten, but they're going to win out while we go 1 - 3 so what's the point, right?

I wish I hadn't bothered to get Sunday ticket this season...what a waste of money watching the Steelers. :roll:

I'm going to take on basket weaving the next couple weeks...should be fun!
http://www.fao.org/docrep/004/ad453e/ad453e03.jpg

stlrz d
12-07-2008, 12:55 AM
[quote="stlrz d":1rh9b3w6]RB - don't even bother...we're a patchwork, makeshift, injury riddled team full of gimmicks (gimmick, wtf??? I don't even know what the hell he means by that since we haven't run a gimmick play since that Ward fiasco on the goal line way back when) who haven't beaten anyone.

I'm going to take on basket weaving the next couple weeks...should be fun!
http://www.fao.org/docrep/004/ad453e/ad453e03.jpg[/quote:1rh9b3w6]

Sweet...I'm going with painting myself!

http://www.gearlog.com/images/11247.jpg

flippy
12-07-2008, 09:27 AM
48-13 Good guys win.

12-07-2008, 11:02 AM

This guy was great!!! He died in the early 1990s I think, but I used to think his preparation was closing all the doors and windows, sealing them with towels and opening all the paint cans!!

No emoticons for it, but this is the closest I can find :Beer

stlrz d
12-07-2008, 11:03 AM
[quote="stlrz d":3oawrp6i]

This guy was great!!! He died in the early 1990s I think, but I used to think his preparation was closing all the doors and windows, sealing them with towels and opening all the paint cans!!

No emoticons for it, but this is the closest I can find :Beer[/quote:3oawrp6i]

:lol:

We're going to put in a lovely tree.

:lol:

ramblinjim
12-07-2008, 11:12 AM
Reed bangs four field goals, we score on two long touchdown drives with GR, FWP and MM being a three headed monster.

Steelers 26

Cowboys have one really good Marion Barber drive that makes us all throw up in our mouth and one crazy 70 yard bomb pass play where someone has great coverage and the pass is just perfect. They get a cheap field goal in there somewhere.

Cowboys 17

Alright :tt1 since Barber is out :Beer let's change this to:

Steelers: 26
Cowboys 10

AngryAsian
12-07-2008, 01:09 PM
Steelers: 34
Cowgirls: 6

Discipline of Steel
12-07-2008, 01:44 PM
Based on Barber and the weather...Cowhides get tanned

Steelers 17
Dallass 7

Wolfhound45
12-07-2008, 04:06 PM
Cowboys = team with lots of talent and absolutely no heart.

Cowboys - 7
Steelers - 31

Ballbuster
12-08-2008, 02:32 AM
Steelers - 20
Cowgals - 13

Write it down.

Jigawatts
12-08-2008, 03:45 PM
I'm going with a pessimistic prediction only because it worked last week and
I can't change that.

Cowboys win 24-17

It's good to be wrong and I'll do it again this for the Ravens game. :tt2

papillon
12-08-2008, 03:50 PM
I missed by a long shot, but, the defense certainly gave the Steelers an opprotunity to win 30-9 in the first half alone with 4 turnovers. Pity the offense waited until the 4th quarter to show up and put points on the board.

pappy