PDA

View Full Version : The Cowgirls WILL be a better test for our O-line

SteelTorch
12-04-2008, 12:29 AM
Everyone's been talking about the Cowboy's offense, but not their D, which surprises me, because believe it or not, they're currently ranked in the top 10. IMO, this next game will be an acid test to see whether our O-line can hack the better defenses in the future.

You might know the Steelers are #1 in sacks, right? Well, guess who's #2? That's right, the Cowboys. Steelers have 42 and they have 40.

HOWEVER,

Their D-line ranks 12th overall in the defensive hog rankings. They are currently 9th in generating negative pass plays and 18th in stopping the run. The Pats'*** D-line by comparison is ranked 17th overall, while being 14th in negative pass plays and 13th in stopping the run.

http://www.coldhardfootballfacts.com/Articles/2_1135_Def._Hog_Index.html

So their run D may not give much of a challenge, but our pass protection will face a better opponent than last time. :wink:

Iron Shiek
12-04-2008, 11:29 AM
Yup..I mentioned in another thread to watch out for these guys and that it will be much tougher than the Cheaters game. Ratliff, James, Ware are beasts...but their secondary is iffy. We should attack with that quick passing game we've seen and it might work out okay.

I'd actually like to see some kind of trick play if the opportunity presents itself. Like on a 2nd and 1 right at midfield...take a shot...

Sugar
12-04-2008, 03:39 PM
I think everyone is so enamored with Romo, TO, Witten and Barber that they forget how good this D can be. This is going to be a heck of a game and I hope that our O-line truly has improved and it's not just a mirage.