PDA

View Full Version : Big Ben "tweaks" knee at practice today

Oviedo
12-03-2008, 04:56 PM
Just great

Big Ben tweaks knee during Steelers practice
Wednesday, December 03, 2008
By Ed Bouchette, Pittsburgh Post-Gazette
Steelers quarterback Ben Roethlisberger stopped practicing today when he slipped and slightly injured his right knee while throwing a pass.

Byron Leftwich took over and ran the final 1 ?? offensive sessions over the final 20 minutes of practice.

Roethlisberger said afterward that he slipped in the mud in the middle of the Steelers outdoor, grass practice field. He does not think his knee is seriously hurt.

Coach Mike Tomlin prefers to practice outdoors when possible, especially when the Steelers have a home game. They also have an indoor practice field with artificial turf available to them.

Iron Shiek
12-03-2008, 04:59 PM
What kind of $hit hole battlefield do they practice on. Willie steps in a hole, ben slips in mud on practice field.

I don't know for sure why this is newsworthy if he said he is okay. But I guess him not finishing practice means something.

Maybe its more Hoody Mind Tricks...Tomlin has been doing these kinds of things with injuries over the course of the season.

Oviedo
12-03-2008, 05:11 PM
What kind of $hit hole battlefield do they practice on. Willie steps in a hole, ben slips in mud on practice field.

I don't know for sure why this is newsworthy if he said he is okay. But I guess him not finishing practice means something.

Maybe its more Hoody Mind Tricks...Tomlin has been doing these kinds of things with injuries over the course of the season.

Just accurately replicating the conditions at Heinz Field. Practicing in a junk yard gives us a competitive advantage.

agdci981
12-03-2008, 05:21 PM

Just accurately replicating the conditions at Heinz Field. Practicing in a junk yard gives us a competitive advantage.
Grass actually looks very good and should remain so for the rest of the year as long as there isn't a lot of precipitation throughout the week leading up to this Dallas game, our final home game against Cleveland will be played on a pretty nice surface.

JAR
12-03-2008, 05:36 PM

they usually practice indoors.
http://www.wpxi.com/slideshow/vj/14654018/detail.html

stlrz d
12-03-2008, 07:59 PM
I heard a report on this not too long ago on Fox Sports Radio. Someone who was there (a reporter from Pittsburgh...don't remember the name) said they put ice on Ben's knee and he stood and watched the rest of practice. He wasn't removed from the field or anything like that.

costanza2k1
12-03-2008, 08:21 PM
It's all over the radio right now, they just keep reporting the same thing over and over. I suspect we won't how he's really doing until tomorrow if/when he practices.

I've started to pray.

http://animatedgifs.wap-app.com/people122_files/peo-monk_praying.gif

stlrz d
12-03-2008, 08:38 PM
It's all over the radio right now, they just keep reporting the same thing over and over. I suspect we won't how he's really doing until tomorrow if/when he practices.

I've started to pray.

http://animatedgifs.wap-app.com/people122_files/peo-monk_praying.gif

Just so you know, what I posted came from a person who was there and witnessed what took place.