PDA

View Full Version : on ESPN Jaws said that ...

Djfan
12-03-2008, 02:36 PM
The game rests in Romo's hands. So, if Romo is hot, they win? Guess our D is at his mercy, huh Jaws?

Looser.

RuthlessBurgher
12-03-2008, 02:44 PM
The game rests in Romo's hands. So, if Romo is hot, they win? Guess our D is at his mercy, huh Jaws?

Looser.

The game is in Romo's hands, eh? Well that is good, since Romo will be in LeBeau's hands. The Steeler D will dictate to Romo...not the other way around. :Beer

RKSteel
12-03-2008, 03:31 PM

Looser. This is also as stupid of a comment as, "they must be good in real life."

Oviedo
12-03-2008, 03:39 PM
No surprise from him. He is a charter member of the "anti Steeler" faction of ex-athletes in the sports media. Guess they didn't appreciate getting their butts beaten on a regular basis and the NATION taking over their stadiums.

Iron Shiek
12-03-2008, 03:51 PM

Looser.

The game is in Romo's hands, eh? Well that is good, since Romo will be in LeBeau's hands. The Steeler D will dictate to Romo...not the other way around. :Beer

AKA--they will be takin what the Steelers are dishin out up the.... :shock:

EAT IT COWGIRLS! :brownssuck only pretend it says Cowboys.

agdci981
12-03-2008, 04:42 PM
Romo sucks. Guy has forever to throw every play, ridiculous WRs, great TE, good RBs and he still can't win a playoff game because he chokes. He is a loser with a hot girlfriend. Until he actually wins a meaningful game in the postseason I will continue to hold this opinion of this overrated ESPN creation.

Iron Shiek
12-03-2008, 07:10 PM
Romo sucks. Guy has forever to throw every play, ridiculous WRs, great TE, good RBs and he still can't win a playoff game because he chokes. He is a loser with a hot girlfriend. Until he actually wins a meaningful game in the postseason I will continue to hold this opinion of this overrated ESPN creation.

:Agree I've held a similar position on him. Nice stats...but win something.

Scarletfire1970
12-03-2008, 07:42 PM
You guys are awfully confident.

Wish I felt the same way.

stlrz d
12-03-2008, 08:01 PM

I'm not asking this to be a jerk...I am genuinely interested...have you ever been confident going into a game?

buckeyehoppy
12-04-2008, 01:00 AM
I'm not trying to be overconfident, but let's get real...Tony H*m* soils himself whenever he's in a big game. And he ain't ever seen anything like the Steelers D.

The only way the Steelers lose on Sunday is if they beat themselves.

FWIW, Jaws is a :loser

Starlifter
12-04-2008, 10:28 AM

I'm not asking this to be a jerk...I am genuinely interested...have you ever been confident going into a game?

I know you asked that of Scarletfire, but I kinda feel the same way as him. The better way to explain is to answer your question. Yes, I have felt confident many times going into a game. I remember in 94 walking into 3 rivers for the AFCC against the Chargers. I had no doubts that morning. I felt the same way in 2001 walking into the AFCC against the Pats. Let's just say that over the years, losses like that still hurt so for me it's more accurate to say I'm always cautiously optimistic - but never totally confident. All things being equal, I think we win on sunday. I'm excited about the game, hopeful that we play well. Confident of a win though? - let's just say I'll have a few restless nights between now and sunday.

Scarletfire1970
12-04-2008, 10:47 AM
I just don't think any game is a gimme anymore. Dallas is a good team. Romo is a good QB and they have some great weapons on offense. It is going to be a tough challenge and honestly, I wouldn't be surprised if we lost. I love our defense, but our offense tends to struggle quite a bit especially at the beginning of games. Also, it seems way too often we have to settle for field goals in the red zone.

Serious question, why does it always seem like our WRs are not wide open EVER. I watch other games and other teams WRs are wide open quite a bit. Why does it always seem when Ben completes a pass the defender is right on our WRs ass? They are never easy completions. Is it the WRs, the playcalling or a combination of the two?

Oviedo
12-04-2008, 11:03 AM
I just don't think any game is a gimme anymore. Dallas is a good team. Romo is a good QB and they have some great weapons on offense. It is going to be a tough challenge and honestly, I wouldn't be surprised if we lost. I love our defense, but our offense tends to struggle quite a bit especially at the beginning of games. Also, it seems way too often we have to settle for field goals in the red zone.

Serious question, why does it always seem like our WRs are not wide open EVER. I watch other games and other teams WRs are wide open quite a bit. Why does it always seem when Ben completes a pass the defender is right on our WRs bad word? They are never easy completions. Is it the WRs, the playcalling or a combination of the two?

If we were 100% healthy and Ben had not thrown bobehead INTs this season I'd be very confident. The relaity is we play another really good team and we will have to execute to a very high level on both side of the ball as will the Cowboys. If I had more confidence in the pass rush pressuring Romo like we did Cassell then this would be a near sure thing. My biggest concern is our ability to get that kind of pressure going against a massive OL.

That all said: Steelers 20 Cowboys 16

RuthlessBurgher
12-04-2008, 11:18 AM

Serious question, why does it always seem like our WRs are not wide open EVER. I watch other games and other teams WRs are wide open quite a bit. Why does it always seem when Ben completes a pass the defender is right on our WRs bad word? They are never easy completions. Is it the WRs, the playcalling or a combination of the two?

There have been numerous occassions in which Nate or Santonio had several steps on the CB on a deep route which would have been an easy TD if Ben hits them in stride. However, whether it be due to a sore shoulder or whatever, Ben has tended to underthrow his WR's on deep balls this season, making them have to come back for the ball and fight it out with a CB who was clearly beaten seconds before.

Djfan
12-04-2008, 11:21 AM

There have been numerous occassions in which Nate or Santonio had several steps on the CB on a deep route which would have been an easy TD if Ben hits them in stride. However, whether it be due to a sore shoulder or whatever, Ben has tended to underthrow his WR's on deep balls this season, making them have to come back for the ball and fight it out with a CB who was clearly beaten seconds before.

He had another one of these Sunday to Nate W. It is a bummer, because we have all seen him make those on target many times before. We have to acknowledge that something is wrong with Ben this year.

Iron Shiek
12-04-2008, 11:21 AM

Not to mention on key 1st down conversions, I've seen numerous out routes where they have gotten pretty nice seperation. You can't say they are never open...unless you were talking about the Eagles game...

DkBlue
12-04-2008, 01:03 PM
I think what he means if Romo is not at the top of his game the Cowboys will lose.

He needs a big big game.

stlrz d
12-04-2008, 03:14 PM
I just don't understand how anyone can never be confident going into a game...as a fan.

Not just this one, but ANY game.

Yeah I know any given Sunday and all that, but there are games, and even games that the Steelers ultimately lost, where NO fan should have been lacking in confidence for a W.

Scarletfire1970
12-04-2008, 04:54 PM
I just don't understand how anyone can never be confident going into a game...as a fan.

Yeah I know any given Sunday and all that, but there are games, and even games that the Steelers ultimately lost, where NO fan should have been lacking in confidence for a W.

A fan roots for a team to win every game. It does not necessarily mean we have to be dilusional to think we are actually going to win every game. If it makes you feel any better I was a bit more confident when we played the Bengals without Carson Palmer a few weeks ago. But not totally confident cause anything can happen. And we know this team is prone to making mistakes.

Ozey74
12-04-2008, 05:12 PM

I'm alway cautiously optimistic going into games. I'm not over confident, nor am I under confident. If the Steelers lose, I'm more bummed about with going to work the day after a loss than the loss itself. That may sound weird, but I'm useless at work the day after a loss and the work day drags!!!

:tt2