PDA

View Full Version : Another Offseason Priority

MeetJoeGreene
12-03-2008, 01:59 PM
IIRC James Harrsion is in year 3 of a 4 year contract. So next year is his last.

If the Steelers want to keep him (and they should), then they should lock him up this offseason instead of waiting.

And he won't be cheap.

RKSteel
12-03-2008, 02:17 PM
Trade him for a 1st rounder,

My bad, thats for Parker. :roll:

This guy comes to play everygame, resigning should be a no-brainer by the FO.

RuthlessBurgher
12-03-2008, 02:35 PM
He signed his deal on 4-14-06.

It was a 4 year deal worth $5.5 million over the course of the contract, which included a $1.375 million signing bonus. He got a $1 million for becoming a starter.

Talk about a bargain!

buckeyehoppy
12-04-2008, 01:24 AM
He signed his deal on 4-14-06.

It was a 4 year deal worth $5.5 million over the course of the contract, which included a $1.375 million signing bonus. He got a $1 million for becoming a starter.

Talk about a bargain!

I'm just guessing that he won't be a bargain this time. Who cares? Silverback is a must do redo, no matter what the price tag.

steelblood
12-04-2008, 12:06 PM
We have him next year. If we tag him for the following year or two, we can keep him until he approaches his mid-thirties. That's pretty good. I'd be careful about giving him a long contract. Such a contract would probably mean that we'd chose Silverback over Woodley. Who knows how good Woodley will be by then, and he'll be in his prime with many good years to come.