PDA

View Full Version : Vote for Tomlin!

stlrz d
12-02-2008, 08:43 PM
http://www.nfl.com/partner?partnerType=coaches

costanza2k1
12-02-2008, 09:29 PM
I voted but I have to admit I'm a bit confused. I was looking for; he hasn't won a real game, he was hired based on Rooney Rule only anywhere...what gives?

RuthlessBurgher
12-02-2008, 09:30 PM
Done. If he wins, that would be his third overpaid janitor of the week award this year! :lol:

stlrz d
12-02-2008, 09:31 PM
Done. If he wins, that would be his third overpaid janitor of the week award this year! :lol:

Soon they'll have to call him an overpaid custodian...or *gasp* overpaid sanitation engineer.

Iron Shiek
12-02-2008, 10:29 PM
If Shanny or Chilly win over Tomlin that is the biggest bull$hit ever! But I'm sure there's no way that will happen with the NATION voting! :tt2

Djfan
12-03-2008, 01:01 AM
You have to wonder about how these things get nominated. Didn't Cincy's coach get the nomination a few weeks back because they finally one a game?!

I guess in Cincy that's big news.

agdci981
12-03-2008, 01:03 AM
Shannahan gets my vote. He also gets my vote for Coach of the Year. This guy has had a ridiculous number of injuries this year and still has his team headed for the playoffs. I think he has done a very good job this season and agree with Shannon Sharpe's commentts that this is the best coaching job Shannahan has done in his entire HOF career.

stlrz d
12-03-2008, 08:33 AM
If Shanny or Chilly win over Tomlin that is the biggest bull$hit ever! But I'm sure there's no way that will happen with the NATION voting! :tt2

You know it.

Iron Shiek
12-03-2008, 09:43 AM
Shannahan gets my vote. He also gets my vote for Coach of the Year. This guy has had a ridiculous number of injuries this year and still has his team headed for the playoffs. I think he has done a very good job this season and agree with Shannon Sharpe's commentts that this is the best coaching job Shannahan has done in his entire HOF career.

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

agdci981
12-03-2008, 11:06 AM

He hasn't?

rpmpit
12-03-2008, 11:13 AM

He hasn't?

I think he's saying that Tomlin has had just as many if not more injuries to deal with.

RuthlessBurgher
12-03-2008, 11:23 AM

He lost 33-19 to the Chiefs, who have only won one other game all season. :shock:

He lost 31-10 to the Raiders, who have only won two others games all season. :HeadBanger

He also lost 24-17 to the 4-8 Jaguars, 41-7 to the 7-5 Patriots, and 26-17 to the 7-5 Dolphins. Three of their losses came at home.

They are 7-5 in possibly the worst division in football (with only the NFC West in the discussion). Whoop-de-doo.

Even though they will make the playoff for winning that awful division, they will be the weakest team in the AFC field. They actually have a losing record in the conference right now (4-5) and are only .500 in their sorry division (2-2). The Titans, Steelers, Jets, Colts, Ravens, Patriots, and Dolphins are all better teams that they are, in my opinion, and only 5 of those 7 will be able to make the playoffs because the sucky Broncos get a spot automatically for winning the pathetic AFC West.

Not to mention that one of their games was handed to them on a silver platter by Ed Hochuli early in the season. That was an obvious fumble by Cutler and an recovery by the Chargers which would have clinched the game for San Diego. Even the league has admitted that game changing horrendously blown call. If not for that, Denver would be a .500 team right now with a conference record of 3-6 and a division record of 1-3 with losses to all 3 teams in their lousy division. No thanks.

Iron Shiek
12-03-2008, 11:28 AM

He hasn't?

I think he's saying that Tomlin has had just as many if not more injuries to deal with.

Thanks armpit. You are correct sir.

Injuries, shminjuries. People gotta be ready to step up. If not, you suck (see Steelers, Pittsburgh last year without Aaron Smith...and we still had a chance to move on save for missed holding calls).

ikestops85
12-03-2008, 04:17 PM
Tomlin -- one of the 3 best janitors this team has ever had. :Cheers

agdci981
12-03-2008, 04:39 PM
He lost 33-19 to the Chiefs, who have only won one other game all season. :shock:

He lost 31-10 to the Raiders, who have only won two others games all season. :HeadBanger

He also lost 24-17 to the 4-8 Jaguars, 41-7 to the 7-5 Patriots, and 26-17 to the 7-5 Dolphins. Three of their losses came at home.

They are 7-5 in possibly the worst division in football (with only the NFC West in the discussion). Whoop-de-doo.

Even though they will make the playoff for winning that awful division, they will be the weakest team in the AFC field. They actually have a losing record in the conference right now (4-5) and are only .500 in their sorry division (2-2). The Titans, Steelers, Jets, Colts, Ravens, Patriots, and Dolphins are all better teams that they are, in my opinion, and only 5 of those 7 will be able to make the playoffs because the sucky Broncos get a spot automatically for winning the pathetic AFC West.

Not to mention that one of their games was handed to them on a silver platter by Ed Hochuli early in the season. That was an obvious fumble by Cutler and an recovery by the Chargers which would have clinched the game for San Diego. Even the league has admitted that game changing horrendously blown call. If not for that, Denver would be a .500 team right now with a conference record of 3-6 and a division record of 1-3 with losses to all 3 teams in their lousy division. No thanks.
AFC North isn't much better than the AFC West. Yes, the Broncos may be just 4-5 in teh conference but look at the Steelers record outside getting 4 free wins from the Browns and Bengals as well as 1 from Joe Flacco fumbling it away...4-3. Not too impressive either. With all the injuries Shannahan has had to deal with this year, to get that team to the playoffs is impressive enough to get my vote for Coach of the Year.

agdci981
12-03-2008, 04:40 PM
Thanks armpit. You are correct sir.

Injuries, shminjuries. People gotta be ready to step up. If not, you suck (see Steelers, Pittsburgh last year without Aaron Smith...and we still had a chance to move on save for missed holding calls).
I understand that BUT the number of injuries Shannahan has dealt with this year outnumbers the one Aaron Smith injury last year, which although impactful, it was one guy on a defense that never should have given up 30+ to the crapy Jags offense.

RuthlessBurgher
12-03-2008, 05:11 PM

AFC North isn't much better than the AFC West. Yes, the Broncos may be just 4-5 in teh conference but look at the Steelers record outside getting 4 free wins from the Browns and Bengals as well as 1 from Joe Flacco fumbling it away...4-3. Not too impressive either. With all the injuries Shannahan has had to deal with this year, to get that team to the playoffs is impressive enough to get my vote for Coach of the Year.

The "4 free wins" from the Browns and Bengals? We have done what we needed to do there.

On the other hand, how did the Broncos do with their "4 free wins" from the Chiefs and Raiders?

1-2 so far? Case closed. Shanahan is not even in the coach of the year conversation.

I would vote for one of the rookie H.C.'s like Mike Smith, Tony Sparano, or John Harbaugh over Shanahan in a second.

agdci981
12-03-2008, 05:24 PM
The "4 free wins" from the Browns and Bengals? We have done what we needed to do there.

On the other hand, how did the Broncos do with their "4 free wins" from the Chiefs and Raiders?

1-2 so far? Case closed. Shanahan is not even in the coach of the year conversation.

I would vote for one of the rookie H.C.'s like Mike Smith, Tony Sparano, or John Harbaugh over Shanahan in a second.
Chiefs and Raiderss are better than the Browns and Bengals. Especially when you have to go to KC...doesn't matter how bad the Chiefs are...they will give ANYONE a game iN Arrowhead more times than not.

mr.pittsburgh
12-03-2008, 05:29 PM
Chiefs and Raiderss are better than the Browns and Bengals. Especially when you have to go to KC...doesn't matter how bad the Chiefs are...they will give ANYONE a game iN Arrowhead more times than not.

Chiefs are better than the Browns?? Are you kidding me? They may not even be better than the Bengals, and they are just horrible. Browns are also better than the Raiders too, not even a question.