PDA

View Full Version : Fantasy Football Help!

costanza2k1
12-02-2008, 02:36 PM
Ok guys,

I've made it to the playoffs in my other league and now I need some help with my roster. I'm playing against a superpower in our league and every roster move helps. Here are my players please make some suggestions in particular, Cutler or Rodgers?

http://i304.photobucket.com/albums/nn178/costanza2k1/fantasyhelp.jpg

RuthlessBurgher
12-02-2008, 03:02 PM
I can't see whatever image you posted (just get the red "X") but in terms of Rodgers or Cutler, both are good options. Both are playing at home, and there is probably an equal likelihood of poor weather conditions in Green Bay and Denver. Cutler is facing the Chiefs that are dead last in total defense (25th vs. the pass and 31st vs. the run) while the Texans are 21st in total defense (15th vs. the pass and 23rd vs. the run). In Cutler's last game against KC, he threw for 361 yards in a 14 point loss. They will be motivated to whoop on the Chiefs in a rematch (I'd expect a high scoring game with little defense from either side). Cutler should have plenty of time to throw since the Chief have only 6 sacks this year (SIX!?!? For comparison's sake, we have 42 sacks, 7 times as many!). Mario Williams looked like a beast last night with 3 more sacks, so Rodgers could be in for some pressure, certainly much more than Cutler should see. Even though you probably can't go wrong either way, I'd go Cutler here.

costanza2k1
12-02-2008, 03:06 PM
Thanks Ruthless!

Discipline of Steel
12-02-2008, 03:21 PM
Definately Cutler...GB is not that good and Denver is fighting, at home, for playoff position. Plus, Houston is a far better defense than KC. (although none approach our Steelers :tt2 )

Jacobs is suspect in the Giants 3 headed approach so LenDale might get the nod in a cakewalk over Cleveland. I dont like Hillis with Cutler at QB and I dont think you take LT out because he is playing against Oakland.

Jerricho is a good play at SF so I would rest Mason/Hixon in favor of him...probably Mason because the Ratards will not be passing against the Skins.

Im not playing FF this year but that is my $00.2 worth.

Iron Shiek
12-02-2008, 03:28 PM
Cos...nice roster. Gotta stay with Cutler...he is not a benchable guy in my opinion, especially against the Chiefs.

I would consider Jacobs against the Eagles Defense a possible benching. Especially with your depth at RB. While Lendale plays the Browns, his performance sorely dependent on getting goalline touches. While Hillis isn't splitting with anyone really, and he catches the ball. He will get far more touches than White. So if you were considering benching Jacobs, Hillis is the play.

Cotchery would be a good play against the 49ers but he hasn't done shat for a while now. I'd probably stick with what you have at WR.

pittpete
12-02-2008, 08:35 PM
How many teams in your league, 4?

I go Cutler also, but they might have a running game know with the great white hope :D :D

costanza2k1
12-02-2008, 08:49 PM
Thanks guys, there's 12 teams in the league.

Appreciate the help.

pittpete
12-02-2008, 08:52 PM
You have a friggin bombsquad

costanza2k1
12-02-2008, 09:28 PM

That's what bothers me the most I can never put the right combination of players out there to start or they never deliver. I BARELY made the playoffs. :wft Doesn't make sense to me at all...

Discipline of Steel
12-02-2008, 10:17 PM

That's what bothers me the most I can never put the right combination of players out there to start or they never deliver. I BARELY made the playoffs. :wft Doesn't make sense to me at all...

Doesnt matter...as long as you made the playoffs, your chances are as good as anyone else. Some weeks you just dont have it, but then again, some weeks you do and it smells like you are due!

phillyesq
12-02-2008, 10:33 PM
I'd be very tempted to work Hillis into the lineup over Jacobs. It's tough b/c I generally don't like a qb and rb on the same team, and I think I'd lean towards Cutler over Rodgers.

I've got a very similar rb situation in my league. We can play three, and I have Westbrook, Jacobs, White and Hightower. I think White is the guy I'll bench b/c of Hightower's success against the Rams a few weeks back, but it's a tough call.

Ultimately, look at all the opinions, read the "experts," and go with your guy. There is nothing worse than losing because you went against your decisions to follow the advice of somebody else.

Iron Shiek
12-02-2008, 10:37 PM
Okay how about me with my one league. Couple weeks ago I tried to "play the matchups" and started Warrick Dunn against the Lions craptastic run D. While Dunn had a decent game, I benched Michael Turner. Turner had 4 tds. Addai is my other back who had a great matchup and did okay in his game too.

So this week I have: Addai vs Cincy, Turner vs Saints, Dunn vs Panthers, Hillis vs Chiefs and D Ward vs Eagles. I'm screwed. I so want to start Hillis vs Chiefs, but there's no way I bench Addai or Turner again is there?

Discipline of Steel
12-03-2008, 12:17 AM
Okay how about me with my one league. Couple weeks ago I tried to "play the matchups" and started Warrick Dunn against the Lions craptastic run D. While Dunn had a decent game, I benched Michael Turner. Turner had 4 tds. Addai is my other back who had a great matchup and did okay in his game too.

So this week I have: Addai vs Cincy, Turner vs Saints, Dunn vs Panthers, Hillis vs Chiefs and D Ward vs Eagles. I'm screwed. I so want to start Hillis vs Chiefs, but there's no way I bench Addai or Turner again is there?

Addai and Turner. Id consider Addai similar to Hillis but Cincy is really out to lunch at this point.

Jom112
12-03-2008, 12:40 AM
Jerricho is a good play at SF so I would rest Mason/Hixon in favor of him...probably Mason because the Ratards will not be passing against the Skins.

I was thinking the same thing about starting Jerricho. You figure the Jets would try to throw away from Nate Clements, so secondary receivers like Dustin Keller and/or Cotchery should have a big game...

costanza2k1
12-03-2008, 01:22 PM
Ok one more question for another league...

Start Brandon Jacobs or Steven Jackson. This is a tough one.