PDA

View Full Version : Place your bets on Ryan Clark's fine

Discipline of Steel
12-02-2008, 12:30 PM
He led with his shoulder and didnt appear to launch himself into poor Wes Welker but was flagged for hitting a defensless receiver. On the other hand, if Troy had not tipped the pass, it would have settled in Wes's arms and Clark's hit was justified. I assert that Clark was justified in lining him up and could not have stopped his momentum, even if he had seen Troy tip the pass. I think its a 50/50 proposition over a $10k fine.

If he does get fined, the Rooneys better ante up because that hit was necessary to intimidate the Gaytriots as part of our beatdown on them. :tt1

ikestops85
12-02-2008, 12:37 PM
The league doesn't seem to care that the hit was justified as part of the game. Gene Washington likes to throw his weight around and Clark will definately be lighter in the wallet because of the hit. If recollection serves me right Clark has already been fined once this year so this one will be 25K.

Maybe they should put flags in their back pockets :roll:

RuthlessBurgher
12-02-2008, 12:51 PM
I think he will be fined $7,500, but that hit will still be used widely on some kind of NFL Network Top 10 hardest hits of 2008 special at some point. Hypocrites. :roll:

Oviedo
12-02-2008, 02:27 PM
I think he will be fined $7,500, but that hit will still be used widely on some kind of NFL Network Top 10 hardest hits of 2008 special at some point. Hypocrites. :roll:

Normally, $7,500 but since it was against the league's "golden boy" Patriots it will be $15,000.

stlrz d
12-02-2008, 03:24 PM
If the league office does the right thing they will consider the official told Clark that had he not left his feet the hit would be legal. Then they will look at the tape and see Clark did not leave his feet until after making contact, which is legal.

So the flag was thrown for leaving the feet but the video evidence shows that to be incorrect.

Discipline of Steel
12-02-2008, 03:27 PM
If the league office does the right thing they will consider the official told Clark that had he not left his feet the hit would be legal. Then they will look at the tape and see Clark did not leave his feet until after making contact, which is legal.

So the flag was thrown for leaving the feet but the video evidence shows that to be incorrect.

I thought i heard the official on the field say it was for hitting a defenseless receiver?

stlrz d
12-02-2008, 03:30 PM
[quote="stlrz d":9h72cjca]If the league office does the right thing they will consider the official told Clark that had he not left his feet the hit would be legal. Then they will look at the tape and see Clark did not leave his feet until after making contact, which is legal.

I thought i heard the official on the field say it was for hitting a defenseless receiver?[/quote:9h72cjca]

That was the call made. The official who spoke to Clark told him there would have been no flag if he hadn't left his feet.

phillyesq
12-02-2008, 03:50 PM
The league doesn't seem to care that the hit was justified as part of the game. Gene Washington likes to throw his weight around and Clark will definately be lighter in the wallet because of the hit. If recollection serves me right Clark has already been fined once this year so this one will be 25K.

Maybe they should put flags in their back pockets :roll:

I agree. I think it is b.s., but I'm guessing that the fine will be $25k.

buckeyehoppy
12-02-2008, 04:03 PM
The fine will probably be $25K. But, if I was on the Steelers sideline at the time I would pass the hat and contribute to the defense fund because that hit was better entertainment than a demolition derby and there were no cars involved. Clarkie taking out Welker was like a Mack truck b!tchslapping a crotch rocket broad side.

pittpete
12-02-2008, 08:40 PM
I thought i heard the official on the field say it was for hitting a defenseless receiver?

Dont let Plexico here this, he might use this as part of his defense :Clap :Clap