PDA

View Full Version : Get ready to barf

Djfan
12-02-2008, 10:57 AM
Those idiot talking heads at ESPN in yesterday's pregame show were talking about MVP candidates. They agreed that it really only comes down to one of the Manning brothers.

Whatever.

RuthlessBurgher
12-02-2008, 11:04 AM
it really only comes down to one of the Manning brothers.

Doesn't it always? :roll: :HeadBanger :moon :lol:

http://porcelainpoetry.faketrix.com/content/pics/page-4/large/toilet-humor-passed-out-in-urinal.jpg

Discipline of Steel
12-02-2008, 12:22 PM
Even worse, it was Trent Dilfer who suggested that it will ultimately be Tony Romo. Thank you for your opinion Dildo...next.

Ghost
12-02-2008, 01:15 PM
Even worse - Cowher didn't even mention Harrison in the defensive MVP talk on his pre-game show. It was friggin' Boomer, the Steelers hater, who brought him up and Cowher outright dismissed it. WTF?

RuthlessBurgher
12-02-2008, 01:17 PM
Even worse - Cowher didn't even mention Harrison in the defensive MVP talk on his pre-game show. It was friggin' Boomer, the Steelers hater, who brought him up and Cowher outright dismissed it. WTF?

Cowher is the one that cut Harrison multiple times. If he doesn't acknowledge Harrison's existence, he doesn't have to admit that repeated mistake.

Iron Shiek
12-02-2008, 01:17 PM
Wow...Romo? He played 5 games this year or whatever. Granted when he was gone they sucked, but totally undeserving.

What has Peyton done this year?

Eli seems to make sense. While he hasn't had a stellar statistical year, he leads the best team in the league and makes minimal number of mistakes. I don't think that makes an MVP but what other candidates are out there?

pittpete
12-02-2008, 02:17 PM
What has Peyton done this year?

He almost threw a TD vs the Browns :roll:

Oviedo
12-02-2008, 02:22 PM

Cowher is the one that cut Harrison multiple times. If he doesn't acknowledge Harrison's existence, he doesn't have to admit that repeated mistake.

Like I've said for the last two years, up to 2007 the bad personnel decisions are on Cowher's shoulders not Colbert's. Cowher had the final say on personnel decisions. That is why Donohoe was forced out. Cowher is the one who wanted Clark Haggens playing and not James Harrison. I hope he does become the Stains' coach.

steelblood
12-02-2008, 04:28 PM
I can name 5 players more deserving than Peyton or Romo.

1. Michael Turner -
2. Adrian Peterson -
3. Kurt Warner -
4. Albert Haynesworth -
5. Eli

Discipline of Steel
12-02-2008, 04:34 PM

1. Michael Turner -
2. Adrian Peterson -
3. Kurt Warner -
4. Albert Haynesworth -
5. Eli

I would slide James Harrison in there, at least ahead of Haynesworth.

Iron Shiek
12-02-2008, 10:40 PM

1. Michael Turner -
2. Adrian Peterson -
3. Kurt Warner -
4. Albert Haynesworth -
5. Eli

Yeah Turner is a nice player. Didn't surprise me one bit, I knew he'd be successful...he's a tough runner and explosive. A Steeler type of back.

I'd definitely agree with Peterson and Warner...one of them probably would be the frontrunners in my book.

Jom112
12-02-2008, 11:14 PM

1. Michael Turner -
2. Adrian Peterson -
3. Kurt Warner -
4. Albert Haynesworth -
5. Eli

Probably the best list for MVP candidates I've seen thus far. I would give it to Turner or Warner.

Defensive MVP looks like it will come down to DeMarcus Ware, James Harrison and Albert Haynesworth (And maybe Joey Porter). I'd give it to Harrison at this point though...

stlrz d
12-02-2008, 11:29 PM

1. Michael Turner -
2. Adrian Peterson -
3. Kurt Warner -
4. Albert Haynesworth -
5. Eli

Probably the best list for MVP candidates I've seen thus far. I would give it to Turner or Warner.

Defensive MVP looks like it will come down to DeMarcus Ware, James Harrison and Albert Haynesworth (And maybe Joey Porter). I'd give it to Harrison at this point though...

It's clear you value your life...James is everywhere so one can never be too careful. :D

Shawn
12-02-2008, 11:48 PM

Exactly. Harrison is Cowher's greatest mistake. I think Boomer brought it up just to take a poke at Cowher...lol.

Djfan
12-03-2008, 12:34 AM
As much as I hate to admit it, Flacco has to be mentioned in the MVP hunt.

RuthlessBurgher
12-03-2008, 12:54 AM

Not for me.

I don't think he is even in the top 5 for Offensive Rookie of the Year:

Matt Ryan
Chris Johnson
Matt Forte
Steve Slaton
Eddie Royal

Djfan
12-03-2008, 12:58 AM

Not for me.

Matt Ryan
Chris Johnson
Matt Forte
Steve Slaton
Eddie Royal

Can't take anything away from those guys, just understand the concept of MVP being the guy who brought the magic, or gets the team over the hump, and Flacco fits that bill.

agdci981
12-03-2008, 01:00 AM

1. Michael Turner -
2. Adrian Peterson -
3. Kurt Warner -
4. Albert Haynesworth -
5. Eli

Warner and Eli should not even be close to the MVP award. Warner, especially. I am sick of people talking about this guy for MVP. He turns the ball over more than anyone. I have NEVER seen a QB fumble like he does. If he gets touched he drops the ball. Add the fumbles to the awful picks we have seen him throw and I would toss him right out of the MVP race.

Jom112
12-03-2008, 01:05 AM

1. Michael Turner -
2. Adrian Peterson -
3. Kurt Warner -
4. Albert Haynesworth -
5. Eli

Warner and Eli should not even be close to the MVP award. Warner, especially. I am sick of people talking about this guy for MVP. He turns the ball over more than anyone. I have NEVER seen a QB fumble like he does. If he gets touched he drops the ball. Add the fumbles to the awful picks we have seen him throw and I would toss him right out of the MVP race.

The problem is that QB play as a whole has gone down this year. While I agree about the fumbling problem when your completion % is 68.4% with the amount of passes he has been throwing, you deserve to be in the MVP conversation, IMHO...

agdci981
12-03-2008, 01:07 AM

1. Michael Turner -
2. Adrian Peterson -
3. Kurt Warner -
4. Albert Haynesworth -
5. Eli

The problem is that QB play as a whole has gone down a lot this year. While I agree about the fumbling problem when your completion % is 68.4% with the amount of passes he has been throwing, you deserve to be in the MVP conversation, IMHO...
I think any QB could complete over 60% of his passes with those WRs Warner has. Boldin, Fitz, Breaston plus the guys he has in that backfield! Ridiculous.

Discipline of Steel
12-03-2008, 04:22 AM

Not for me.

Matt Ryan
Chris Johnson
Matt Forte
Steve Slaton
Eddie Royal

Can't take anything away from those guys, just understand the concept of MVP being the guy who brought the magic, or gets the team over the hump, and Flacco fits that bill.

We'll see if your still saying that in two weeks.

Djfan
12-03-2008, 11:05 AM
[Can't take anything away from those guys, just understand the concept of MVP being the guy who brought the magic, or gets the team over the hump, and Flacco fits that bill.

We'll see if your still saying that in two weeks.[/quote]

I bet I don't. But how about next week and rhomo's chances of being MVP?

Discipline of Steel
12-03-2008, 11:09 AM
Those lame hopes will be crushed as well...and Jessica will cry.

Djfan
12-03-2008, 11:10 AM
You're awesome DOS!

Discipline of Steel
12-03-2008, 11:14 AM
You're awesome DOS!

:Beer :Beer :Beer