PDA

View Full Version : Props To O-Line

Jooser
12-01-2008, 10:29 PM
I gotta take my hat off to the OL. They handled the *Cheats DL as well as could be hoped for. Wilfork and Seymour weren't even a factor last night. Good job guys and let's hope it's a positive sign of things to come.

SteelTorch
12-01-2008, 10:40 PM
I gotta take my hat off to the OL. They handled the *Cheats DL as well as could be hoped for. Wilfork and Seymour weren't even a factor last night. Good job guys and let's hope it's a positive sign of things to come.

I agree. The only sack on Ben came from a corner blitz that they had no chance on. I know the Pats front seven aren't much to be reckoned with these days, but it's a step in the right direction.

That said, I want to see how they'll do against the Cowgirls, Ratbirds, and Titstains before I anoint them as "good."

Jooser
12-02-2008, 12:08 AM
Torch, I'm not gonna annoint them either. But, the *Cheats front seven was supposed to be strength. I think we handled them well. If Ware continues to have problems for the Crybows, this could afford our offense with adequate time to score points. I think our D will allow Dallas less than 20.

Chadman
12-02-2008, 01:31 AM
Hehe...some of you guys are hard to please.

At the beginning of the season, all we could read was how bad the O-Line was going to be & with a crushing schedule, Ben waas going to get killed.

Well, the schedule has been crushed, and ever since Simmons & Marvel were removed, the O-Line has been, at worst, servicable.

Yet we still act as if the O-Line is the worst in the NFL.

Is it the best?

No...

But it's doing what it needs to.

stlrz d
12-02-2008, 08:38 AM
Stapleton has been a VERY pleasant surprise!

ikestops85
12-02-2008, 01:33 PM
I think the O-line has been improving week by week. Enough that teams aren't using the all-out blitz against us with nearly the frequency they have been since the Philly game. The only bothersome point with them now is the short yardage situations. That may burn us come playoff time. But who knows, with Russell as the short yardage back and the line continuing to improve this problem may also go away.

SteelTorch ... I'm not sure who the Titstains are. :D Did the Titans and the Stains merge to become 1 team? :lol:

SanAntonioSteelerFan
12-02-2008, 02:21 PM
I think the O-line has been improving week by week. Enough that teams aren't using the all-out blitz against us with nearly the frequency they have been since the Philly game. The only bothersome point with them now is the short yardage situations. That may burn us come playoff time. But who knows, with Russell as the short yardage back and the line continuing to improve this problem may also go away.

SteelTorch ... I'm not sure who the Titstains are. :D Did the Titans and the Stains merge to become 1 team? :lol:

Got milk?