PDA

View Full Version : Reason against James Harrison for DMVP?

Iron Shiek
12-01-2008, 04:49 PM
Listening to Movin the Chains on Sirius NFL Radio, best show on radio for football talk in my mind. I typically take what Pat Kirwan says as the word because the guy is very in tune with football all around. Not a typical talking head, he does his homework and establishes good relationships.

With that said...he might die in about 4 minutes and 27 seconds for what he just said. Ha. He doesn't put Harrison on as high a pedestal as some other defenders because of the presence of the force that is Lamarr Woodley on the other side of him that makes things a bit easier as opposed to some guys that fly solo and get all their stats with little to no help. Well, I can see his point but I strongly disagree. Because even though Woodley is over there, they are both putting up numbers worthy of a "guy flying solo" so while there might be an advantage, I think these guys are still able to do what they do without the help of the other.

And he apparently doesn't realize how many game changing plays Harrison actually makes. He turns games around by himself...Woodley or no Woodley.

Anyway, wanted to hear other's thoughts on this.

RKSteel
12-01-2008, 04:55 PM
Pat Kirwan Must Die! :twisted:

RuthlessBurgher
12-01-2008, 05:11 PM
Harrison is not an MVP because Woodley is on the same defense?!?!

Doesn't Haynesworth share the same defense with Bullock, Vanden Bosch, Finnegan, Kearse, etc.???

Discipline of Steel
12-01-2008, 05:59 PM
There is no greater intimidator in the league today than James. He is the fearsome leader of a dominating squad. He should win by shear intimidation alone and especially in the face of Roger Goodell's silly attempts to remove 'intimidating play' from the NFL.

Djfan
12-01-2008, 06:04 PM
He's wrong. Dead wrong.

He is DMVP material.

Next.

Chadman
12-01-2008, 06:15 PM
Why are we talking DMVP?

Why not just plain old MVP?

DukieBoy
12-01-2008, 08:00 PM
James was doing this last year when Haggans was on the other side.
Enough said?

Not quite.
Kirwan best find a place to hide while he plans James' MVP party and pays for it personally with all the $$$ he can muster.

stlrz d
12-01-2008, 09:28 PM
This just in...Pat Kirwan has gone missing.

Suspect photo:

http://www.newpittsburghcourieronline.com/articlelive/content_images/c4James-Harrison.jpg

Jom112
12-01-2008, 10:46 PM
Woodley missed one game this season against Indy. In that game Harrison had 12 tackles and a sack.

So while I do agree having Woodley helps him out, I don't think anyone was going to stop Harrison this season regardless... (Except Anthony Collins... :stirpot )

DukieBoy
12-01-2008, 11:06 PM
Woodley missed one game this season against Indy. In that game Harrison had 12 tackles and a sack.

So while I do agree having Woodley helps him out, I don't think anyone was going to stop Harrison this season regardless... (Except Anthony Collins... :stirpot )

James owns Chicago, so stirring the pot or not, you best get out of town while you can, maybe go on up to Milwaukee and change your name to something with a ski at the end of it and maybe hide out there.

stlrz d
12-01-2008, 11:07 PM

James owns Chicago, so stirring the pot or not, you best get out of town while you can, maybe go on up to Milwaukee and change your name to something with a ski at the end of it and maybe hide out there.

James Harrison knows his 'skis...there's no escape.

DukieBoy
12-01-2008, 11:10 PM

James Harrison knows his 'skis...there's no escape.

Aww, Jom112, we hardly knew ya. Best wishes.