PDA

View Full Version : Davenport Cut, Again

phillyesq
12-01-2008, 03:59 PM
Paxson signed to replace him.

Ok, let the bad puns begin.

STEELERS DROP DOOKIE, AGAIN
Posted by Mike Florio on December 1, 2008, 2:12 p.m.

Sooner or later, running back Najeh Davenport will see that the Steelers are calling him, and he just wonít answer the phone.

For at least the third time this year, the Steelers have cut Davenport.

Most recently, they gave him something to be thankful for on Thursday, bringing him back to the team for the Week Thirteen game against the Patriots.

A day after he was declared inactive for the contest, he was dumped in favor of first-year defensive tackle Scott Paxson.

The team announced the moves earlier this afternoon. The only good news for Davenport is that he got a game check for his trouble, which is one more game check than he would have gotten if the team hadnít called him last week.

Iron Shiek
12-01-2008, 05:13 PM
Paxson signed to replace him.

Ok, let the bad puns begin.

STEELERS DROP DOOKIE, AGAIN
Posted by Mike Florio on December 1, 2008, 2:12 p.m.

Sooner or later, running back Najeh Davenport will see that the Steelers are calling him, and he just wonít answer the phone.

For at least the third time this year, the Steelers have cut Davenport.

Most recently, they gave him something to be thankful for on Thursday, bringing him back to the team for the Week Thirteen game against the Patriots.

A day after he was declared inactive for the contest, he was dumped in favor of first-year defensive tackle Scott Paxson.

The team announced the moves earlier this afternoon. The only good news for Davenport is that he got a game check for his trouble, which is one more game check than he would have gotten if the team hadnít called him last week.

Okay, I'll bite!

I saw this comment on a blog :D :

Donít worry about Najeh, heís a floater, we just canít flush him. He will be back.

SanAntonioSteelerFan
12-01-2008, 05:14 PM
"Shortest case of the runs I've ever seen!"