PDA

View Full Version : FWP couldn't go all the way

SanAntonioSteelerFan
12-01-2008, 03:09 PM
"Back when I was a lad ...", we all knew when FWP turned a corner, that was all she wrote. Yes, FWP wasn't the best at waiting to pick his crease, and wasn't the toughest after a hit (though he did seem to be getting better at both before he reinjured his knee this year), but at least we knew that if we could ever spring FWP around the corner, watch out ...

Well yesterday he looked merely mortal. He turned the corner, headed upfield, it was gonna be just like in Superbowl XL ... then he gets caught! My first thought was ... "OK, the magic is gone, he's just another pretty good RB ... he is TRADEABLE".

Is that just sacrilege? Should we just say wait till next year when he's healed up?

It makes me sad to even contemplate this, because the man has a heart of a lion, IMO he's almost like a modern day Rocky Bleier in terms of fighting the odds and showing what it means to be a Steeler (almost, out of respect to Rocky Bleier).

What do you guys think?

SteelerNation1
12-01-2008, 03:13 PM
He is obviously hurting. I kinda like the Mewelde-Willie combo thing.

Iron Shiek
12-01-2008, 03:28 PM
No way man. Don't think about trading him. Teams need multiple backs to be able to have continued success in the running game. Is it bad to carry 5 RBs (when you include a FB)?

MeetJoeGreene
12-01-2008, 03:28 PM
The dude had a pretty good angle, but I noticed the same thing.

Willie without a homerun threat is just another decent back.

He could be hurting in which case it may come back.

But if it is gone, then next year I expect RM to steal the starting spot.

Oviedo
12-01-2008, 03:36 PM
FWP has a bum knee. That is why he slowed down. With time the speed will be back.

ramblinjim
12-01-2008, 03:41 PM
"say it aint so!"

Well, I think that FWP deserves to be given till next year to see. He's been hurt most of the season. I hope that he'll be fine. He's hard not to root for.

stlrz d
12-01-2008, 09:09 PM
FWP has a bum knee. That is why he slowed down. With time the speed will be back.

This.

anger 82&95
12-01-2008, 09:35 PM
The guy had an angle, the field was wet, the sun was in his eyes… Yes, I am comfortably ensconced in denial, but I still feel that FWP can return to a semblance of his prior self.

Jooser
12-01-2008, 10:03 PM

This.

:Agree