PDA

View Full Version : Predict the last 4

Oviedo
12-01-2008, 12:30 PM
Opinions on how the last 4 games shape up? Here's mine:

Dallas: Haven't played a defense like ours other than the Giants. If the Steelers avoid an emotional down after finally beating the Pats then this one is a W

Ratbirds: This one could be for the AFC North. Both teams will know it. This game will be savage but the Steelers' defense and offense are both better so another W

Titans: Good team and we are due for a letdown after beating the Ravens and all but securing the AFC North. nashville is a tough place to play for us. I see a L

Stains: Even with the back ups in the line up this is a home game with pride on the line. The Browns have no QB and Crennel is fired less than 24 hours after this Steelers W

Bottom line is we finish 12-4 which is above my expectations for the year and it will reflect a truely remarkable job by Coach Tomlin and the whole team.

Iron Shiek
12-01-2008, 12:35 PM
I agree, except for the L...what did you forget where the W key was for a second? :lol:

I say 4 wins. Titans found different way to win when they couldn't run. Well I don't see them putting it up on us like they did against those other teams they struggled to run on.

I want to go back to the pre season prediction thread. I bet we'd have some good laughs at the expense of pretty much all of us! I think this team has exceeded everyone's expectations and should be commended!

:tt2

Oviedo
12-01-2008, 12:45 PM
I agree, except for the L...what did you forget where the W key was for a second? :lol:

I say 4 wins. Titans found different way to win when they couldn't run. Well I don't see them putting it up on us like they did against those other teams they struggled to run on.

I want to go back to the pre season prediction thread. I bet we'd have some good laughs at the expense of pretty much all of us! I think this team has exceeded everyone's expectations and should be commended!

:tt2

I called 10-6 in the preseason, no worse than 9-7. Never expected the Ratbirds to keep pace. I did predict the frauds that are the Bumgals and Stains but even I didn't expect them to be as bad as they are.

papillon
12-01-2008, 12:56 PM
After watching yesterday's game it's difficult not to put down 4 "W"s over the next four weeks. The next three are going to be wars and as of right now the none of the teams will be resting players. If the Steelers keep winning the Titans have to play to win, because, a loss to the Steelers elaves them needing to win their final game to get the #1 seed (provided the Steelers win out).

The Cowboys bother me because of Terrell Owens. I believe he is the best offensive football player in the NFL right now. I'm hoping for a typical Romo meltdown late to win this one.

The Ravens defense is a close second to the Steelers there aren't going to be a lot of points in that game. If the Steelers win the TO battle they win that one in a very physical game.

If we win the previous two games to be at 11-3 with two to play then I can't see the Steelers winning this one. The Cowboys and Ravens are going to extract a toll on the Steelers.

We'll beat what is left of the Browns in the final week of the season to end at 12-4 playing what has been called the toughest schedule in 50 years. That would be unbelievable really.

I'll go with 3-1 (W/W/L/W) down the stretch and the second seed in the playoffs.

Pappy

SteelerNation1
12-01-2008, 01:10 PM
4 W's

Discipline of Steel
12-01-2008, 01:12 PM
Good post...

Dallass: Wouldnt it be nice to destroy them in the same fashion we lit up NE? I have disliked them for 40 of the 42 years of my existance. Our offense is on an upswing so I say we beat them down! W

Raves: If we lose one the rest of the way, I think it will be to these guys...although I dont like the idea one bit. Still, we are on an end of the season roll straight through to the SB. W

titans: We will shut down their ground game and assume the #1 seed in the AFC, mark my words! W

Brownies: W

There you have it, 13-3 on the most difficult schedule in the history of the NFL. The funny thing is that we accomplished it without beating one single good team! :wink: I guess the jury will still be out on Tomlin after the season unless we win the SB of course.

RuthlessBurgher
12-01-2008, 01:20 PM
The Cowboys bother me because of Terrell Owens. I believe he is the best offensive football player in the NFL right now. I'm hoping for a typical Romo meltdown late to win this one.

Facing Moss and Owens in back-to-back games is certainly a heck of a challenge for Ike.

However, I don't think T.O. is anywhere close to the best offensive football player in the NFL right now. He only has one game with over 100 yards receiving this year (7 catches for 213 yards and a TD against his former team the Niners). Prior to that, he had 5 straight games under 40 yards receiving (36, 31, 33, 36, 38).

You can blame the Romo injury and Brad Johnson's ineffectiveness all you want, but truly great players should overcome adversity to put up as least respectable stats, and his lackluster performances helped the team lose to the Cardinals, Rams?!?!, and Giants during that stretch.

Owens' numbers for the season aren't all that different from Moss's (52 catches for 816 yards and 8 TD's vs. 58 catches for 785 yards and 8 TD's).

RKSteel
12-01-2008, 01:36 PM
Being a Kool Aid drinking homer 4 more W's to close the season. This defense seems out to prove something this year, I don't think they give up more than 14-17 pts / game here on out.

Dallas: With 10 days off, they could come out flat and the Steelers jump on them early or its going to be close w/ Reed kicking a game winner.

Baltimore: Thinking this would be a phyiscal, close game. It will still be phyiscal, if your name is Flacco. This isn't week 4, with the Steelers shuffling guys on the Off/Def lines. The some film on Flacco and the Ratbirds have benefitted from a last place sch. Steelers destroy the Ratbirds and clinch the AFCN.

Titans: Two words, Kerry Collins. He was a deer in the headlights v the Ravens in the SB. Wait until he meets James Harrison. O-line will play its best game to date.

Browns: On a cold, miserable, Steeler Football day, the Browns are waiting for the season to end. Who's the Browns backup QB? Steelers D gets their shutout.

Djfan
12-01-2008, 03:45 PM
Four wins.

I predicted this season would go 13-3. Looks like I'm on to something. I also predicted that this year is NE year to fade. Good stuff!

stlrz d
12-01-2008, 09:14 PM
http://www.quickshopexpress.com/Excel/winngear/pImages/ckfltB.jpg

Jom112
12-01-2008, 11:02 PM
I'm going to say 2-2. One W against the Browns, the other one not so sure. If I had to guess I would say the Titans.

I think the Cowboys are riding a hot streak and win a close game against you guys. The Ravens are looking a lot better, so at home I think they pull it out...

costanza2k1
12-01-2008, 11:06 PM
Cowboys-Win
Ravens-Loss
Titans-Win
Browns-Win

SteelTorch
12-01-2008, 11:13 PM
Here's what I'm hoping for:

Dallas - W

Baltimore - W (NEED THIS WIN)

Tenn - L

Cleveland - W

4 W's would be better but I don't see that happening. Hope I'm wrong. As it stands, forget about the whole offense - our next 4 games are going to depend on how well our receivers play. Lately they've been dropping balls, getting poor separation and making Ben look worse than he's really been playing. If they step up, we should be fine.

papillon
12-02-2008, 12:22 AM

Facing Moss and Owens in back-to-back games is certainly a heck of a challenge for Ike.

However, I don't think T.O. is anywhere close to the best offensive football player in the NFL right now. He only has one game with over 100 yards receiving this year (7 catches for 213 yards and a TD against his former team the Niners). Prior to that, he had 5 straight games under 40 yards receiving (36, 31, 33, 36, 38).

You can blame the Romo injury and Brad Johnson's ineffectiveness all you want, but truly great players should overcome adversity to put up as least respectable stats, and his lackluster performances helped the team lose to the Cardinals, Rams?!?!, and Giants during that stretch.

Owens' numbers for the season aren't all that different from Moss's (52 catches for 816 yards and 8 TD's vs. 58 catches for 785 yards and 8 TD's).

I don't say that I believe he's the best offensive player based on his stats. He's a head case and self-absorbed, but, he's a dangerous receiver and much stronger than Moss. Ike is going to have bring his big boy shoes this coming weekend.

Pappy

buckeyehoppy
12-04-2008, 01:40 AM
Even though it'll be hard as hell to do it, the Steelers get the December sweep done and are #1 seed in the AFC playoffs.

Champions step up this time of year and the Steelers look like champions and they are rounding into form at just the right time.

Oviedo
12-04-2008, 09:08 AM
Even though it'll be hard as hell to do it, the Steelers get the December sweep done and are #1 seed in the AFC playoffs.

Champions step up this time of year and the Steelers look like champions and they are rounding into form at just the right time.

I love the optimism but I would be happy going 2-2 as long as we don't get any key injuries. The must win game is against the Ratbirds. If we beat them and the Stains then we should win the AFC North at 11-5. A superb effort considering the schedule we have played.