PDA

View Full Version : WTF with all the drops yesterday?

SanAntonioSteelerFan
12-01-2008, 12:08 PM
OK, now I'm thinking of what we didn't do right yesterday. What was it with the drops ... especially Washington on that perfect sideline pass, and Holmes on that out? For sure with Holmes it was lack of concentration, and maybe the same thing with Washington. Drops like that can KILL us in close playoff games.

We are lucky the (*)s had more than their share of drops, especially Moss at the end of the 1st half, and Gaffney later on.

I hope Tomlin is beating our guys on the head. As important as this game was, it's just going to get tougher, and we need to be as sharp as can be to get to the playoffs, much less deep into them and beyond.

FOCUS!! (I wonder if that's a sign on top of the locker room door!)

MeetJoeGreene
12-01-2008, 12:36 PM
Those 2 drops could have been HUGE!!

I hope Nate isn't returning to form. And Smokey could be tense without bong hits.

SanAntonioSteelerFan
12-01-2008, 01:34 PM
Those 2 drops could have been HUGE!!

I hope Nate isn't returning to form. And Smokey could be tense without bong hits.

:lol: :lol: :lol: Quite the turn of phrase there!

But seriously, Nate almost dropped that other huge (3rd down?) catch ... bobbled a bit before getting hit, though he ultimately did do a good job of hanging on.

Is there a receivers coach? What do they do? Bake "special" brownies? Come on, it's FOCUS time there big guys!

Jooser
12-01-2008, 02:45 PM
In his post game interview, Ben said visibility was horrible out there last night and it was some of the worst weather he's ever played in. We've had more than our share of drops this whole season, but I suspect the weather had A LOT to do with it last night - despite what Dan Dierdork thinks.

buckeyehoppy
12-02-2008, 04:05 AM
I was like :wft , too, until I saw Moss dump one.

I'm sure it was the conditions, nothing less, nothing more. That's why the Steelers took control when they got a handle on the running game. Relying on a passing game on Sunday was a gamble at best.