PDA

View Full Version : Def. POY - It's Between Harrison & Troy

Steel Life
12-01-2008, 01:36 AM
I know that you can throw in Haynesworth & a couple of others like Porter, but this is quickly boiling down to a two-horse race between Troy & Silverback...with Silverback emerging as the POY in my opinion.

Troy had a very good game with a pick off a tipped pass, tipping one where Welker got blasted, defended some incompletions & was in on around 5 tackles. This makes for 5 picks on the season & continues the big impact that he's having on the season. Troy has both the media & name recognition (along with a high profile commercial) to help his cause & the attention he's receiving is well-deserved as he is a dynamic catalyst for the team.

But in reality, he may not even get the team MVP because of what Harrison is doing - the man is a force of nature at this point. People will talk about Porter & Ware having more sacks, but Harrison is having far greater impact all-around. He notches another two sacks to go to 14 on the season (3rd), plus forces another 2 fumbles to lead all sack leaders with 6. Plus, did you see who was defending on the tipped pass that Troy picked off?...that's right - Harrison. And of the sack leaders guess who'll have the most passes defensed so far...again Harrison is right there near the top, plus he has a pick. And as far as tackles on the season, only Ware is close to Harrison's 79 with 62 - Porter has about half that many. The thing with Harrison is that he's gotten even better from last year & is making impact plays every game - the man is a weapon & deserves to be recognized. Hopefully the team tears up his current contract after the season & rewards him with a new deal.

stlrz d
12-01-2008, 01:41 AM
Troy has 6 picks...don't be hatin'! :lol:

Steel Life
12-01-2008, 01:46 AM
Troy has 6 picks...don't be hatin'! :lol:
Oh I'm not...it's just Harrison seems to come up big when we need a play & when you look at his all-around effort & stats it starts to look like a no-brainer. Either way I'll be happy, but you've got to acknowledge the feel-good story that is Silverback.

stlrz d
12-01-2008, 01:50 AM
[quote="stlrz d":3iodw602]Troy has 6 picks...don't be hatin'! :lol:
Oh I'm not...it's just Harrison seems to come up big when we need a play & when you look at his all-around effort & stats it starts to look like a no-brainer. Either way I'll be happy, but you've got to acknowledge the feel-good story that is Silverback.[/quote:3iodw602]

I know that and I am in agreement. Harrison is the clear cut favorite for DMVP.

I was just givin' you a hard time for shortin' my boy Troy on a theft!