PDA

View Full Version : Next week, we have to be Stain fans!

Ozey74
11-30-2008, 09:02 PM
If the Titans can lose a game in the next two weeks (Stains, Texans) & we can sweep against the Cowboys and Baltimore, then the matchup between the Steelers and Titans in Nashville will be for home field advantage in the playoffs.

:Beer

RuthlessBurgher
11-30-2008, 09:04 PM
I will root against the Tennessee Titans next week...not for the Cleveland Steamers. There is a difference. Subtle, sure, but a difference nonetheless.

Ozey74
11-30-2008, 09:09 PM
This will be hard to do. I just heard that DA is out for the year with a crap MCL. Maybe Ken Dorsey will pull the upset of the season!

:roll:

MeetJoeGreene
11-30-2008, 09:10 PM
I will root against the Tennessee Titans next week...not for the Cleveland Steamers. There is a difference. Subtle, sure, but a difference nonetheless.

$$$

proudpittsburgher
11-30-2008, 09:23 PM
The Stains had a golden opportunity to beat indy today and totally shat it down the toilet. DA is horrible (don't know what happened from last season) and he was the Browns best bet. If Cleveland had to play Detroit next week, the Lions would win handily. I would not go pinning my hopes on the Clowns.

Ozey74
11-30-2008, 09:31 PM
The Stains had a golden opportunity to beat indy today and totally shat it down the toilet. DA is horrible (don't know what happened from last season) and he was the Browns best bet. If Cleveland had to play Detroit next week, the Lions would win handily. I would not go pinning my hopes on the Clowns.

The Colts have found themselves in the middle of many quagmire's this year that they were very lucky to of gotten out of. The Colts could very well have 3 more loses than they have.

Iron Shiek
12-01-2008, 02:01 AM

The Colts have found themselves in the middle of many quagmire's this year that they were very lucky to of gotten out of. The Colts could very well have 3 more loses than they have.

Giggity giggity giggity.

http://stewiesplayground.com/wp-content/uploads/2008/04/glen-quagmire.png

kennyes
12-01-2008, 02:18 AM
The expansion Stains have about as much of a chance next week against the Titans as Cinnci had today against the original Stains...

Oviedo
12-01-2008, 08:45 AM
The Titans will beat the Stains by 21 next week. The Browns are auditioning QBs at Wal-Marts throughout the Cleveland area. The are done and so is Crennel.

Let's face it, the road to the Super Bowl will go through Nashville.

rpmpit
12-01-2008, 10:13 AM
The Titans will beat the Stains by 21 next week. The Browns are auditioning QBs at Wal-Marts throughout the Cleveland area. The are done and so is Crennel.

The Jets beat the Titans last week. THE JETS. I can see them being one and done in the playoffs and us hosting the afccg at Heinz.

Ozey74
12-01-2008, 09:18 PM

Not necessarily! There is one more scenerio that can happen that will allow us to win home field advantage. If we run the table, and the Titans lose to the Colts in Week #17 up in Indy then the Steelers will have home field throughout the playoffs!!

costanza2k1
12-01-2008, 11:01 PM

I agree it goes through Nashville. However I think they lose round 1 and if we have a week off we win and have the AFC Championship game in Pittsburgh. I think they won't know how to handle the playoffs and choke.

buckeyehoppy
12-02-2008, 03:36 AM
Asking the Steelers to run the table is a tall order at this point, but it can be done. The O is getting it together week-by-week and if the O keeps improving and the D keeps doing what they do, NO ONE will want to play the Steelers down the stretch.

HFA will probably only happen if the Steelers run the table, but all you need is one more Titans loss if the Steelers do win out. I'm not sold on the Titans calling card, even if Fisher is a fabulous HC (he is). I'm also not sold on the prospect of them getting over both the Texans AND the Colts in the remaining games, especially when both are on the road.

ikestops85
12-02-2008, 12:33 PM
Sorry but it is against my religion to cheer for the Stains. The only exception would be if they had to win to put us in the playoffs. Besides, I don't want the AFC championship game to be in Pittsburgh ... we don't win many of those. Going through Tennessee will only serve to make us tougher. The Titans don't scare me that much. They are a running team and I just don't seem them running on us. If we don't turn the ball over we win fairly easy against them. JMHO

:tt2

RuthlessBurgher
12-02-2008, 12:48 PM
It would be impressive to see Steeler fans take over Tennessee's stadium for a playoff game with a Super Bowl berth on the line. :twisted:

buckeyehoppy
12-02-2008, 03:12 PM
Sorry but it is against my religion to cheer for the Stains. The only exception would be if they had to win to put us in the playoffs. Besides, I don't want the AFC championship game to be in Pittsburgh ... we don't win many of those. Going through Tennessee will only serve to make us tougher. The Titans don't scare me that much. They are a running team and I just don't seem them running on us. If we don't turn the ball over we win fairly easy against them. JMHO

I will NEVER, f---ing EVER, cheer for the Clowns under any circumstances. Living in Cleveland, you develop that kind of disdain when you are a real football fan. The Clowns are a g-ddam joke. Even if a Steelers playoff spot depended on a Clowns win, I won't do it.

Iron Shiek
12-02-2008, 03:22 PM

I will NEVER, f---ing EVER, cheer for the Clowns under any circumstances. Living in Cleveland, you develop that kind of disdain when you are a real football fan. The Clowns are a g-ddam joke. Even if a Steelers playoff spot depended on a Clowns win, I won't do it.

So you'd rather the steelers not make the playoffs? Ha. Well I guess you aren't saying that technically, you just wouldn't be rooting for them. I guess.

But I will tell you that if it meant a Browns win gets us in the playoffs, then paint a d!ck on my face and call me Bernie! :shock:

:lol: :lol:

stlrz d
12-02-2008, 03:34 PM

So you'd rather the steelers not make the playoffs? Ha. Well I guess you aren't saying that technically, you just wouldn't be rooting for them. I guess.

But I will tell you that if it meant a Browns win gets us in the playoffs, then paint a d!ck on my face and call me Bernie! :shock:

I'm with you. The only way I can root for a hated team is if it helps the Steelers.

buckeyehoppy
12-02-2008, 03:42 PM

If the Steelers got in the playoffs because of a Clowns win, I'd accept it to be sure. But I can't stand what the Clowns winning does to the people that call themselves "B----s Fan".

There is no moderation with Clowns fan. When they win, they are making SB preparations. When they lose, they are making preparations to fire the coach and GM and to verbally abuse players at public appearances.

The only bright spot if the Clowns would win to deny the Steelers a playoff spot is that it improves the Steelers draft spot. That's not a great trade off at all, but so be it if it happens.