PDA

View Full Version : Is our O-line good all of a sudden?

SanAntonioSteelerFan
11-30-2008, 08:39 PM
Jeez, they sure looked it. And wasn't the (*)s strength supposed to be their D line?

I"m confused!

I tell you what else just made me feel SO good - after BB made a TD toss, their was a quick shot of him and his O-line looking for each other to celebrate. You could tell that they truly liked each other, like infantryman liking their captain. It was beautiful to see ... Ben has done good!

Oviedo
11-30-2008, 08:42 PM
Getting better but not good enough yet. Don't be surprised if Starks is resigned. Also don't under estimate how much Miller and Spaeth are helping.

stlrz d
11-30-2008, 08:42 PM
I think the most recent game plans help the O line be better.

Keep it up!

Ozey74
11-30-2008, 08:55 PM
I wanted to comment all through the game about how good our OLine looked, but I didn't want to jinx them. They played a hell of a game!

:tt2

costanza2k1
11-30-2008, 08:57 PM
The OL isn't better the team is better, play calls (short stuff), communications with the RBs, WRs, QB, all that comes into play. The whoopin we took at Philly has prepared us for the long haul. We can go short when we want to and long when we can. It's awesome!

RuthlessBurgher
11-30-2008, 09:00 PM
Ben flew his entire o-line to Chicago to celebrate Justin Hartwig's birthday during their "mini bye week" last weekend after the Thursday night win over Cincy. Don't underestimate the impact of the little things like that. There are plenty of teams whose players merely tolerate each other as coworkers instead of bonding like family.

Ozey74
11-30-2008, 09:05 PM
Ben flew his entire o-line to Chicago to celebrate Justin Hartwig's birthday during their "mini bye week" last weekend after the Thursday night win over Cincy. Don't underestimate the impact of the little things like that. There are plenty of teams whose players merely tolerate each other as coworkers instead of bonding like family.

I'm glad you brought this up. There was a post on the "other" board discussing about how irresponsible this was on the part of Tomlin.

:roll:

I think it was a great thing for them to do! Go let off some steam 7 days before your toughest strech of the schedule.......

SteelTorch
11-30-2008, 09:09 PM
Being a leader and respected among your teammates is very important for a QB, maybe even moreso than flashy stats.

That's why I say we have a TRUE QB in Big Ben. He may not be the great "passer", but he is one of the greatest QB's in the game today. 8)

pittpete
11-30-2008, 09:10 PM
O-line played extremely well especially our Tackles.
Kemo, looks lost though on certain plays.

stlrz d
11-30-2008, 09:14 PM

I'm glad you brought this up. There was a post on the "other" board discussing about how irresponsible this was on the part of Tomlin.

:roll:

I think it was a great thing for them to do! Go let off some steam 7 days before your toughest strech of the schedule.......

Really? Who was it?

Unreal...guys do stuff like that all the time. :roll:

Ozey74
11-30-2008, 09:39 PM
Not sure who said it. Had they not gone to Chicago to party down, they just would of done it in the burgh. They only thing that was different was the 3 hour plane ride.

It is silly for us to think that the Steelers should be emerged in the training complex or their homes with their noses in the playbook 24/7. I'm all for them letting off steam. Just don't be an idiot about it -like Plaxico.

:tt2

papillon
11-30-2008, 09:39 PM
Posters have been saying all year that they aren't terrible and that it takes time to gel and play as a unit. They're picking a good time to make all those posters look like geniuses. :Beer :tt2

Pappy

MeetJoeGreene
11-30-2008, 10:52 PM
They are doing amazingly well for having a 4 person turnover from last year.

I think the current line is really starting to gel.

Maybe losing Simmons and Smith being out is a blessing in disguise.

SteelTorch
11-30-2008, 11:18 PM
Not to rain in on the parade, but at the same time the Patriot's front line is far from what it used to be. Their D is not that good.

I want to see how the line does against the better defenses we'll face - Dallas, Baltimore, and Tennessee - before proclaiming them "good".

SanAntonioSteelerFan
12-01-2008, 12:03 AM
Not to rain in on the parade, but at the same time the Patriot's front line is far from what it used to be. Their D is not that good.

I want to see how the line does against the better defenses we'll face - Dallas, Baltimore, and Tennessee - before proclaiming them "good".

I thought I read before the game that the (*)s backs and safeties/corners weren't up to snuff, but that their O-line was supposed to be pretty good. Not true?

And statistically, how good is the Cryboys/Ravens defense, compared to the (*)s?

Yes, Tennessee will be a challenge ...

Iron Shiek
12-01-2008, 01:50 AM

I thought I read before the game that the (*)s backs and safeties/corners weren't up to snuff, but that their O-line was supposed to be pretty good. Not true?

And statistically, how good is the Cryboys/Ravens defense, compared to the (*)s?

Yes, Tennessee will be a challenge ...

Torch is right I think. Cheaters D is old and slow and lost a couple of their better players throughout the year. I don't think they are all that good before or after our game with them.

As for your comment about Cowboys/Ravens Defenses.....I wouldn't underestimate them. They can bring the heat just like Philly did. I think our gameplanning has vastly improved and we might be a little more prepared for that sort of thing now. But next week will be tough, Ware and Ratliff on that front line of the Cowboys are a menace. Their secondary kinda soft though.