PDA

View Full Version : Unfavorable schedule pays dividends this weekend?

Discipline of Steel
11-30-2008, 02:00 PM
I have a feeling we will see our 'unfavorable' schedule as a benefit after this game. One point is that it will already be 3/4 over and we have stacked up the wins. More importantly, I think their wills have been forged in the heat of battle, unlike the Pats who have enjoyed the 'easiest' schedule in the league so far this year. The Pats havent participated in any of the vicious affairs that the Steelers have endured this year such as those against the Eagles, Giants, Redskins, Chargers, and of course the hated Ravens.

I think that once the game gets down to brass tacks in the third quarter, the Steelers will out-tough the Pats, partially because of the rugged nature of their schedule so far.

Iron Shiek
12-01-2008, 02:06 AM
I have a feeling we will see our 'unfavorable' schedule as a benefit after this game. One point is that it will already be 3/4 over and we have stacked up the wins. More importantly, I think their wills have been forged in the heat of battle, unlike the Pats who have enjoyed the 'easiest' schedule in the league so far this year. The Pats havent participated in any of the vicious affairs that the Steelers have endured this year such as those against the Eagles, Giants, Redskins, Chargers, and of course the hated Ravens.

I think that once the game gets down to brass tacks in the third quarter, the Steelers will out-tough the Pats, partially because of the rugged nature of their schedule so far.

Problem is somehow the stupid ratbirds have kept pace. For our "8-8 might win the division" predictions that many threw upon us at the beginning of the season, its sure is odd to have such a good record, let alone being nearly matched by the dumb ravens...

Discipline of Steel
12-01-2008, 10:42 AM
Yes, much to my surprise, the Ravs have kept pace this year...almost. We still have a game and a half lead on them, plus another half if you look at the conference records. I didnt expect them to get this far but it looks like they will be in the playoff mix. But that just proves my point even more...no cakewalk this year for our team and they have perservered in the face of adversity. No one can say these guys arent tough! On the other hand, you have the NE Pansies and their easiest sched in the league. I say they dont even make the playoffs.

papillon
12-01-2008, 01:20 PM
The Ravens still have a rookie quarterback and that come into play at any given moment. They have the Skins, Steelers, Cowboys and Jags, that isn't chopped liver. Flacco is going to see something a bit more daunting than the Bengals defense over the next 4 weeks.

He has played well and not made any mistakes. Every game looms larger and larger and he's never played in that atmosphere either. They could win them all or lose them all, it's too difficult to predict at this point. There is also the fatigue factor. The college season for Flacco was complete at this point in the year. He now has 4 wars in front of him over the next 4 weeks. I'm sure they lost a little bit of wind out their sails watching the Steelers dismantle the Pats.

We'll see what happens, but, I like the Steelers over the next 4 weeks, due to experience at the quarterback position.

Pappy