PDA

View Full Version : A VERY telling stat about Matt Cassel [must see!]

SteelTorch
11-29-2008, 02:52 PM
He hasn't faced a single top 10 overall defense this season. Moreso, he's only faced two top-half ranked defenses: the NY Jets and the Buf Bills, which rank 13 and 16 respectively. He lost to the Jets and didn't put up any TD's against Buffalo.

Big Ben on the other hand has faced 4 top-ten defenses. He's faced 5 top-half ranked defenses if you include Jacksonville, and he'll be facing more top-half ranked defenses in NE, Tennessee, and Dallas.

8)

SanAntonioSteelerFan
11-29-2008, 03:18 PM
He hasn't faced a single top 10 overall defense this season. Moreso, he's only faced two top-half ranked defenses: the NY Jets and the Buf Bills, which rank 13 and 16 respectively. He lost to the Jets and didn't put up any TD's against Buffalo.

Big Ben on the other hand has faced 4 top-ten defenses. He's faced 5 top-half ranked defenses if you include Jacksonville, and he'll be facing more top-half ranked defenses in NE, Tennessee, and Dallas.

8)

Torch, I hope this plays out the way your stat research suggests it should, I'd like to put this (*) curse to rest once and for all.

Ozey74
11-29-2008, 03:22 PM
Thanks for posting this. This as brought some easy to my nerviousness about tomorrow's game!

:tt2

RuthlessBurgher
11-29-2008, 04:31 PM
And the only reason that the Jets defense is ranked #13 is because they are great against the run (3rd in the league behind us and the Vikings, and ahead of the Ravens and Bears). Through the air, the Jets are actually 26th in the league, with teams like the Lions, Browns, Bengals, Rams, Saints and Broncos actually better than them against the pass.

Djfan
11-29-2008, 08:39 PM
This year is our best chance at a win against the cheaters. Let's hope we don't compete too much against the refs.

Ozey74
11-29-2008, 09:38 PM
I wonder if Godell will be in Robert Kraft's pressbox tomorrow (like he was when they played the Jets 2 weeks ago).

:roll:

Shawn
11-30-2008, 01:15 AM
ooohhh man do I hate everything pats. This is the first year I haven't been scared going into this game. We will surgically dissect the cheaters this season. Revenge will indeed be sweet.

buckeyehoppy
11-30-2008, 01:48 AM

8)

Add that to the fact that every QB who has faced the Steelers D for the first time ever this season has taken a $hit in the bed.

These stats are very telling. This will be Mr. Cassel's first appearance against the Steelers. Draw your own conclusions. I say he gets his d!ck knocked into the Foxborough turf.

SteelTorch
11-30-2008, 09:26 PM
*ahem* Now for me to do my MSM impersonation:

Yes, turned out I was right. Cassell has moved the ball well against really sucky pass defenses but was stymied once he ran into a good one.

Oh, and what did I say, we needed to stop the pass more than the run? Patriots ran the ball very well but couldn't pass. And we crushed them. 8)

Ozey74
11-30-2008, 09:44 PM
ooohhh man do I hate everything pats. This is the first year I haven't been scared going into this game. We will surgically dissect the cheaters this season. Revenge will indeed be sweet.

Good call.

:Clap

steeler_fan_in_t.o.
12-01-2008, 12:06 AM
And the only reason that the Jets defense is ranked #13 is because they are great against the run (3rd in the league behind us and the Vikings, and ahead of the Ravens and Bears). Through the air, the Jets are actually 26th in the league, with teams like the Lions, Browns, Bengals, Rams, Saints and Broncos actually better than them against the pass.

And one of the reasons the Jets and Bills are ranked even that high is because they play the same soft schedule that the Pats have. I've told people over and over again, the AFC East is the most overated division in football by far.