PDA

View Full Version : Steelers @ Pasterisks Prediction Thread

stlrz d
11-27-2008, 12:23 PM
The Steelers offense hasn't been lighting it up, but a Pasterisks defense could be just what the doctor ordered. The Pasterisks are near the bottom in several categories, including 3rd down conversions, QB pressure and red zone defense. This is a big plus for a Steelers offense that, over the last three games, has been taking what the D will give them. I believe Ben will have a good game against the Asante Samuel free Pasterisks defense. Look for him to continue taking what is given, with the occasional deep ball.

On the flip side, Matt Cassel has been playing well...against some VERY poor defenses. The Pasterisks can't run the ball, but their O line is good in pass protection. They haven't yet seen a D that pressures the QB like the Steelers D though. Look for a lot of short passes to try and negate the pass rush. Also look for LeBeau to come up with some schemes to confuse Cassel even if the rush doesn't get to him. Containing Cassel when there is nothing open in the passing game is a concern as well...Troy and Timmons should be the solution to that issue.

The Steelers' punt game has not been good at all since Ernster took over for an injured Berger. Berger is back and hopefully he can at least stop the bleeding in the field position game. If he's able to do so the Pasterisks won't have short fields to work with offensively and the #1 D in the NFL will make it a long, long day for the Pasterisks' O.

To paraphrase Anthony Smith, "If the Steelers play the way they should play they will win the game."

I think they will do just that. :tt2

Steelers - 27
Pasterisks - 16

buckeyehoppy
11-27-2008, 03:18 PM
The O has been better lately and I'd have to say that the Patophiles give up bunches of points at a time. The Patophile D is somewhat longer in the tooth than it probably should be and they are beat up. If the Steelers can mount a running game successfully, they should be able to score. MM could have a 100+ game.

I think the Patophiles can put up points, especially when Moss is part of the equation. But, I feel that the Steelers bend more often than they break and I'm looking for the Steelers D to do just that on Sunday. Besides, the Steelers have been making QBs who face the Steelers D for the first time look like fools all season. This is the first time Cassel is facing the Steelers D. He should FAIL the way all first timer QBs have FAILED this season.

I'm looking for a close one:

Steelers 23, Patophiles 17

ramblinjim
11-27-2008, 10:27 PM
I think this is the game that our offense comes alive.......and the D has a down game and makes Cassell look like Brady. We still win.

Steelers: 37
Cheating B@st@rds: 34

stlrz d
11-28-2008, 11:58 AM
*bump*

Iron Shiek
11-28-2008, 12:17 PM
I'm predicting the a$$-thrashing that I was looking for earlier in the season against some teams. Steelers make a statement. Our D shuts this cheater offense down and the O goes crazy. Steelers go up 21-3 by the middle of the second quarter.

Good guys - 38
Cheatin a$$ motherf*cking ba$tards - 9

steelblood
11-28-2008, 01:42 PM
I don't like us in this one.

Pats 27
Steelers 20

RuthlessBurgher
11-28-2008, 04:04 PM
Close game, but has grandma used to say...Cheaters never win.

Steelers 24-20.

RKSteel
11-28-2008, 08:55 PM
The Steelers don't say these things, but the Chargers game was a must win. This week, I feel is a statement game. If the Steelers want to be considered a front runner in the AFC, then they have to beat the Patriots*.

Also, the D might be looking for some payback after last year, no TP, no RC, AS gets hurt and the Pats* put up some points.

I told my daughter, I got a good feeling about this game. The Defense has been playing great, the Offense is starting to find its groove, time to open up a can of whoop a$$.

Steelers 27
Pats* 7

AkronSteel
11-29-2008, 12:57 AM
Steelers 23
Pats 14

I just don't see where the Pats are going to match up against the Steelers. They have given up more sacks than we have for heaven sakes. They will probably go to the short passing game but will have no running game and their defense cannot pressure the QB consistently and cannot get off the field on 3rd down. This is a good match up for the team and may actually propel them down the stretch. I think this is a statement game for the Steelers!

stlrz d
11-30-2008, 10:45 AM
bump

Discipline of Steel
11-30-2008, 01:52 PM
The D gives up a few big plays but still shows why its a top D. Randy Moss seen yelling at Cassell by the end of the game. Steelers O actually turns the corner this game with Heath and BigBen having practiced for the last few weeks. OL asserts their will in the run game as they continue to improve. We gradually leave them behind, sealing the deal in the early 4th quarter.

Steelers 30
Jerks 17

(of course Keyshawn just picked the Jerks)

pittpete
11-30-2008, 04:15 PM
All depends on Ben and Bruce.
If Arians keeps running up the gut on first and 2nd downs and puts us into 3rd and longs, it'll be a long day.
If he uses his TE's and PA at the right time, we could have a blow out on our hands.
NE defense doesnt scare me but Arians does :roll: