PDA

View Full Version : Defensive Game Plan for the Pats*

MeetJoeGreene
11-24-2008, 12:59 PM
Ok. I admit, after yesterday I am a little more worried about the Pats* than I was before.

Given our running D and their lack of backs, I don't think we have a lot to worry about there. The sheer number of receiving weapons that they have worry me. (Moss, Welker, etc).

I am thinking Ike shadows Moss.

I think we need to blitz the CRAP out of whats-his-face QB and hope that Welker doesn't consistently kill us underneath.

SanAntonioSteelerFan
11-24-2008, 01:17 PM
Ok. I admit, after yesterday I am a little more worried about the Pats* than I was before.

Given our running D and their lack of backs, I don't think we have a lot to worry about there. The sheer number of receiving weapons that they have worry me. (Moss, Welker, etc).

I am thinking Ike shadows Moss.

I think we need to blitz the CRAP out of whats-his-face QB and hope that Welker doesn't consistently kill us underneath.

Can Ike jam Moss at the line and still have the speed to cover him deep? I think a big part of getting to a rookie QB is messing up his timing - if we can't slow Moss down at the line it will be that much easier for Crappels to succeed.

I can't wait to see what Yoda LeBeau has up his sleeve for those cheater*s!

costanza2k1
11-24-2008, 01:26 PM
We're going to have to double Moss, single cover Welker with BMac with underneath support and have Gay on Gaffney. Most likely they'll eliminate our pass rush from our base set by spreading us out as they've done in almost every game we've played them. We're going to have to go umbrella cover 2 on them and hope Cassell screws up. I imagine we'll see a lot Timmons on the field doing a QB spy on Cassell...after his 1st and 2nd read he just takes off and teams haven't been watching out for that. The best defense in this game will be offense. We'll need to milk the clock in this game like we've done in our past 3 games to win.

RuthlessBurgher
11-24-2008, 01:32 PM
We're going to have to double Moss, single cover Welker with BMac with underneath support and have Gay on Gaffney. Most likely they'll eliminate our pass rush from our base set by spreading us out as they've done in almost every game we've played them. We're going to have to go umbrella cover 2 on them and hope Cassell screws up. I imagine we'll see a lot Timmons on the field doing a QB spy on Cassell...after his 1st and 2nd read he just takes off and teams haven't been watching out for that. The best defense in this game will be offense. We'll need to milk the clock in this game like we've done in our past 3 games to win.

:Agree

My post in another thread basically echos most of those points:

We'll have to place in the the nickel more often than we play in our standard 3-4. I would imagine Keisel won't be able to go, but BMac may be ready to come back. In a 4-2-5 nickel, you could put Woodley-Smith-Hampton-Harrison up front, with Timmons and Farrior behind them. Then Ike-BMac-Gay as the corners and Troy-Clark at safety. Ike gets Moss with help from a safety over the top. BMac gets Welker underneath and Gay gets Gaffney. Timmons gets the TE Watson. God help Cassel if Light gets suspended and Harrison can just pin his ears back as a nickel pass rusher without very many coverage responsibilities.

Iron Shiek
11-24-2008, 03:13 PM
Can we just please not forget about that ba$tard Kevin Faulk...he seems to kill us all the time...especially catching the ball.

And we are certain that Troy Brown isn't returning punts and Rodney *Harrison is still out for the year? I hate them too.

Jooser
11-24-2008, 03:41 PM
I say we take Cassell out and see what their #3 can do. LOL. I wasn't joking.