PDA

View Full Version : Matt Light

Jigawatts
11-24-2008, 11:58 AM
Anyone think he'll get suspended for using an opponents head as a punching bag
yesterday or do the Pats get another Goodell break?

So, will it be lights out?

I doubt it. The other player (name?) will probably get a four game suspension for using
his head as a weapon.

MeetJoeGreene
11-24-2008, 12:29 PM
Anyone think he'll get suspended for using an opponents head as a punching bag
yesterday or do the Pats get another Goodell break?

So, will it be lights out?

I doubt it. The other player (name?) will probably get a four game suspension for using
his head as a weapon.

My money is on the other player being suspended.

RuthlessBurgher
11-24-2008, 01:06 PM
Light probably gets suspended, but it would imagine that it works out so he appeals the decision and will be able to play against us and misses a game against the Seahawks or Raiders instead. :HeadBanger

Channing Crowder likely gets a lifetime ban for angering a member of the league office's most beloved cheating team. :evil:

costanza2k1
11-24-2008, 01:33 PM
[youtube:33sz533p]erzZD5W2m9M[/youtube:33sz533p]

Jigawatts
11-24-2008, 02:20 PM
Light probably gets suspended, but it would imagine that it works out so he appeals the decision and will be able to play against us and misses a game against the Seahawks or Raiders instead. :HeadBanger :evil:

I've got a feeling you're right. :roll:

Iron Shiek
11-24-2008, 03:04 PM
Yeah, you guys are on track with that...Crowder shouldn't wear his hair that long and it wouldn't get pulled. And he shouldn't have such a big head...Light's punches would've missed if it was smaller.

Anyway, Shannon Sharpe on his radio show this morning for Sirius NFL Radio says its automatic fine for getting ejected. He likely will have to meet with the League regarding this situation. And whoever said he will appeal, is likely right. So expect Light in the lineup this weekend.

stlrz d
11-24-2008, 09:04 PM
Both will get a $10k fine.

Light should be suspended. But as RB said, he'll appeal if it happens.

Lets get some justice James Harrison style!

Hey Light, you won't be pulling any hair this week you little bitch!

http://nationalpost.pa-sportsticker.com/site/_content/Article/NFL/A15009361205081193A.jpg

RuthlessBurgher
11-26-2008, 01:18 PM
Both fined...neither suspended. That's cow dung.

Crowder, Light fined $15,00 each for verbal, physical confrontation
By Chris Mortensen
ESPN.com

Updated: November 26, 2008, 11:55 AM ET

New England Patriots offensive tackle Matt Light and Miami Dolphins linebacker Channing Crowder have both been fined $15,000 by the NFL, but not suspended, for their roles in an on-field altercation during the Patriots' win at Miami on Sunday.

Both players were fined the same amount for their verbal and physical confrontation, for which they were ejected midway through the fourth quarter.

According to league sources, both players were interviewed by the league office, as well as the game officials. It was determined that Crowder verbally instigated the confrontation, but both men were assessed equal fines for the fracas.

The fight occurred after Light blocked Crowder, whose helmet fell off, on Stephen Gostkowski's 30-yard field goal midway through the fourth quarter.

Miami's Matt Roth knocked down New England's Russ Hochstein, forcing Light backward and into Gostkowski. Light got up and he and Crowder pushed each other in the face. Light then grabbed Crowder's dreadlocks in his left hand and hit him three times on the head with his right.

Crowder broke free and ran away with a huge grin. Both received personal foul penalties and were ejected. As they walked off, Light smiled and Crowder raised his hands to elicit cheers from his hometown fans.

Chris Mortensen is a senior NFL analyst for ESPN. Information from The Associated Press was used in this report.

Jigawatts
11-26-2008, 01:24 PM
I was just about to post that Ruthless.

:roll:

steelernation77
11-26-2008, 02:15 PM
Maybe it's me, but I feel that if you are verbally antagonized and respond with physical violence, it's your fault for not having enough self-control. Light should be suspended.

Anyway, Harrison is going to probably grab Light by the hair and rip his head clean off

Jigawatts
11-26-2008, 02:18 PM
Anyway, Harrison is going to probably grab Light by the hair and rip his head clean off

I call that poetic justice. :tt1

Iron Shiek
11-26-2008, 03:40 PM
Goodell/GeneSmith ruling: Cheaters prevail.

Iron Shiek's ruling: Complete and utter Bull****.

So this Cheater engages in a fight with intent to harm (why else would you punch someone) and gets to keep playing but Eric Smith of the Jets made a fairly clean hit on Anquan Boldin which was a case of bad timing since another defender had previously shoved Boldin forward.

Yes kids, come to the NFL where you can fight, but try to tackle a WR who is about to catch a TD and you aren't allowed to play.

Goodell/Gene Smith are primetime *******s.

RuthlessBurgher
11-26-2008, 05:17 PM
Goodell/GeneSmith ruling: Cheaters prevail.

Iron Shiek's ruling: Complete and utter Bull****.

So this Cheater engages in a fight with intent to harm (why else would you punch someone) and gets to keep playing but Eric Smith of the Jets made a fairly clean hit on Anquan Boldin which was a case of bad timing since another defender had previously shoved Boldin forward.

Yes kids, come to the NFL where you can fight, but try to tackle a WR who is about to catch a TD and you aren't allowed to play.

Goodell/Gene Smith are primetime *******s.

Eric Smith should take legal action against the league after this obvious hypocracy.