PDA

View Full Version : No Favors From Philly

Jooser
11-23-2008, 07:05 PM
First, they play just well enough to beat us. Who really cares about the Bunghole game, but then they go and lose big to the Rats. I can just hear it now, oh, the Rats are a force to be reckoned with. Damn, we just can't catch a break. Lick my ass Eaguls.

:Hater

proudpittsburgher
11-23-2008, 08:36 PM
First, they play just well enough to beat us. Who really cares about the Bunghole game, but then they go and lose big to the Rats. I can just hear it now, oh, the Rats are a force to be reckoned with. Damn, we just can't catch a break. Lick my bad word Eaguls.

:Hater
That's my rub. Media members will completely forget about the drubbing they took last week and trump them as heavy contenders.

SteelTorch
11-23-2008, 08:45 PM
Philly's in a QB crisis right now. What else can you say of a team that struggled to put up 13 points against the Bengals?

Overall, at least it was a half-good day. The Ratstains and the Patsies*** won, but the Titans, Stains, and Tards lost.

Speaking of QB crisis, did anyone see that Quinn got benched today? :lol:

:brownssuck

RuthlessBurgher
11-23-2008, 09:34 PM
Philly's in a QB crisis right now. What else can you say of a team that struggled to put up 13 points against the Bengals?

Overall, at least it was a half-good day. The Ratstains and the Patsies*** won, but the Titans, Stains, and Tards lost.

Speaking of QB crisis, did anyone see that Quinn got benched today? :lol:

:brownssuck

I would have preferred that the Titan won, because we aren't going to catch Tennessee for top seed anyway, so it would have been nice if they had knocked off the Jets, who we are currently competing with for the #2 seed and an all-important bye in the first round of the playoffs, followed by a home game in the divisional round.

Does anyone realize that the Jets have won their last 5 games in a row and 7 out of the last 8 with the only loss being in overtime on a 57 yard field goal? Their remaining schedule: DEN, @SF, BUF, @SEA, MIA. They will be favored in all of those games.

Even though they have to make 2 cross country trips, they will be facing weak NFC West teams with a combined 5-17 record when they get out there. A loss by the Jets today would have definitely helped us. I am now somewhat worried about obtaining the #2 seed and 1st round bye.

SteelerNation1
11-23-2008, 09:41 PM
I would have preferred that the Titan won, because we aren't going to catch Tennessee for top seed anyway,
Don't be so sure...if we beat them, that puts us one back, and I am sure INdy will give them a game in week 17

RuthlessBurgher
11-23-2008, 10:28 PM
I would have preferred that the Titan won, because we aren't going to catch Tennessee for top seed anyway,
Don't be so sure...if we beat them, that puts us one back, and I am sure INdy will give them a game in week 17

That's assuming we win all 5 of our remaining games, 3 of which are on the road, including trips to Foxboro, Nashville, and Baltimore, plus neither the Cowboys nor the division rival Browns will be pushovers when they come to Heinz Field. Not impossible, but a mighty tall order.

SanAntonioSteelerFan
11-23-2008, 11:42 PM

That's assuming we win all 5 of our remaining games, 3 of which are on the road, including trips to Foxboro, Nashville, and Baltimore, plus neither the Cowboys nor the division rival Browns will be pushovers when they come to Heinz Field. Not impossible, but a mighty tall order.

One word ... 2005 :)

OK, so it's not a word, but you know what I mean!

Jooser
11-24-2008, 09:30 AM
Sportscenter this morning made me sick. All I hear is Brett Favre and the Jets. The Jets may be the team to beat in the AFC now, the Jets are Super Bowl contenders, the Jets this the Jets that.... Blah, blah, blah. Some of these guys are idiots, including Berman, who seems to jump on every bandwagon in town these days. Damn, we shoulda won that Philly game..... :x

RuthlessBurgher
11-24-2008, 11:21 AM
Sportscenter this morning made me sick. All I hear is Brett Favre and the Jets. The Jets may be the team to beat in the AFC now, the Jets are Super Bowl contenders, the Jets this the Jets that.... Blah, blah, blah. Some of these guys are idiots, including Berman, who seems to jump on every bandwagon in town these days. Damn, we shoulda won that Philly game..... :x

A weird thing about schedules...it is not only who you play, but when you play them. If we played Indy in week 3 and Philly in week 10, both those games likely would have been easy wins...we just happened to catch Philly on their early season hot streak instead of their mid-season cold streak and we happened to catch Indy on their mid-season hot streak instead of their early season cold streak. Not an excuse for those losses, but those two teams look like entirely different teams (in opposite directions) from September to November.

Jooser
11-24-2008, 01:23 PM

A weird thing about schedules...it is not only who you play, but when you play them. If we played Indy in week 3 and Philly in week 10, both those games likely would have been easy wins...we just happened to catch Philly on their early season hot streak instead of their mid-season cold streak and we happened to catch Indy on their mid-season hot streak instead of their early season cold streak. Not an excuse for those losses, but those two teams look like entirely different teams (in opposite directions) from September to November.

:Agree That's an excellent point. But ya still gotta look at the schedules for the AFC East and wonder WTF. Damn, we shoulda won those games though, Dammit! LOL. I feel better, but we still shoulda won.

stlrz d
11-24-2008, 09:00 PM

I really hate when people don't take the timing on the schedule or other factors into consideration.

Transitive relation (http://www.answers.com/topic/transitive-relation) may work for math, but it doesn't work for football. The idiot Ravens fans who think beating the Eagles makes them better than us, and the idiot Steelers fans who think because the Ravens beat the Eagles they are better than us are, well, idiots! :P

SanAntonioSteelerFan
11-25-2008, 12:13 AM
I don't know about you guys, but this (*) game seems like a playoff to me, and every game left on the schedule seems like a playoff. I guess I'm thinking that we survived the 1st part of the season, we got toughened up, and now it's time to go to work. We'll either do the job or we won't. Time to play the game.

:Steel :tt2 :tt1