PDA

View Full Version : As Steelers fans, who do we pull for Jets/Titans?

Ozey74
11-23-2008, 11:08 AM
If the Steelers are in a position for fighting for a Wild Card spot in the post season, a loss by the Jets today would help. Tennessee basically has the AFC South division won.

But, if the Steelers go on a run and are fighting for home field advantage thoughout the playoffs a loss by Tennessee today is what we need.

As this game is being played, I will keep tabs on the Balt/Philly score. If Baltimore is getting smoked, I will lead towards rooting for a Titans loss.

Does anyone have any thoughts on the subject?

:tt2

stlrz d
11-23-2008, 11:09 AM
I hope for home field and a bye before all else.

J-E-T-S Jets Jets Jets Jets!

Jigawatts
11-23-2008, 11:12 AM

Word.

stlrz d
11-23-2008, 11:14 AM

Word.

You still here? :shock:

You better lookout!!!

http://www.newpittsburghcourieronline.com/articlelive/content_images/c4James-Harrison.jpg

RuthlessBurgher
11-23-2008, 12:37 PM
Personally, I will be rooting for the Titans today.

They are 10-0 with a remaining schedule of

NYJ
@DET
CLE
@HOU
PIT
@IND

In order for us to get first seed, they would need to lose to us in Nashville, plus two more games, while we win every one of our last five games. Not bloody likely. Since they simply won't lose to Detroit, Cleveland, or Houston, they would need to lose today to the Jets at home, and then finish their season on a two game losing streak to the Steelers at home and Colts on the road. The chances of that happening, with us also winning every one of our remaining games (@NE, DAL, @BAL, @TEN, and CLE) is absurdly remote.

I'm not worried about home field throughout at this point. I do want to get a top 2 seed so that we have a bye during the first weekend of the playoffs then host a game in the division round. That's my main focus right now. I'm not worried about the winner of the AFC West having better record than us (Denver has absolutely no defense, and the blow we dealt to the Chargers last weekend likely eliminates them from any realistic playoff contention). Therefore, our goal throughout the last 5 weeks, as I see it, is to finish with a better record than the winner of the AFC East. Right now, the team leading that division is the Jets, and they would have the same record that we do if they won today. Therefore, I am hoping for them to lose to the Titans. Does this rambling make any sense at all? :)

Starlifter
11-23-2008, 01:30 PM
Personally, I will be rooting for the Titans today.

They are 10-0 with a remaining schedule of

NYJ
@DET
CLE
@HOU
PIT
@IND

In order for us to get first seed, they would need to lose to us in Nashville, plus two more games, while we win every one of our last five games. Not bloody likely. Since they simply won't lose to Detroit, Cleveland, or Houston, they would need to lose today to the Jets at home, and then finish their season on a two game losing streak to the Steelers at home and Colts on the road. The chances of that happening, with us also winning every one of our remaining games (@NE, DAL, @BAL, @TEN, and CLE) is absurdly remote.

I'm not worried about home field throughout at this point. I do want to get a top 2 seed so that we have a bye during the first weekend of the playoffs then host a game in the division round. That's my main focus right now. I'm not worried about the winner of the AFC West having better record than us (Denver has absolutely no defense, and the blow we dealt to the Chargers last weekend likely eliminates them from any realistic playoff contention). Therefore, our goal throughout the last 5 weeks, as I see it, is to finish with a better record than the winner of the AFC East. Right now, the team leading that division is the Jets, and they would have the same record that we do if they won today. Therefore, I am hoping for them to lose to the Titans. Does this rambling make any sense at all? :)

absolutely and well done. yep, i'd love the #1 seed but that's like betting the trifecta. great if it pays off, but not likely at all. I think 11 wins gets the bye. The titans won't lose out and 3 wins in the next five will be a challenge for us. Our competition is not the Titans now, it's the jets and the ravens. let's hope favre throws 5 picks.

SanAntonioSteelerFan
11-23-2008, 03:07 PM
Right now the Jets are looking like a team that can go deep into the playoffs (7-0, on the Titans 10 after a LONG clock-eating drive, 4:22 left in 1st half; they look like the real thing right now).

R-burgher, I can't fault your logic. But part of me wants the Titans to lose just so they don't have this "no one can beat us" attitude when we play them.

stlrz d
11-23-2008, 04:05 PM
Jets up 13-3 at the moment.

stlrz d
11-23-2008, 04:11 PM
Make that 20-3 now.

stlrz d
11-23-2008, 04:26 PM
20-6

stlrz d
11-23-2008, 04:32 PM
27-6

ColumbusSteelerFan
11-23-2008, 04:33 PM
The 1972 Dolphins can open the champaigne now. Too bad it wasn't the Steelers that ended their streak, though.

Starlifter
11-23-2008, 04:36 PM
the titans look very average today. i'm not afraid of either of these two teams, but it still sucks the jets are keeping pace.

stlrz d
11-23-2008, 04:40 PM
27-13

ColumbusSteelerFan
11-23-2008, 04:59 PM
34-13 now. Just like Kerry's alma mater, it's tough to stay undefeated.

Ozey74
11-23-2008, 05:18 PM
The 1972 Dolphins can open the champaigne now. Too bad it wasn't the Steelers that ended their streak, though.

Fantastic! Now we can look foward to Mercury Morris running his mouth all day tomorrow on ESPN about how great the 72' Dolphins were.

:roll: