PDA

View Full Version : Timmons Will Be As Good As Harrison

Jigawatts
11-22-2008, 05:25 PM
James Harrison might find out where I live and beat me down for saying this, but I
believe Timmons has a decent chance of being just as good as Harrison.

I always wondered why James went undrafted. Why he was cut multiple times. And
why it took him so long to get on the field regularly. I finally got a chance to watch
Thursdays game and Collinsworth relayed a comment that Farrior made about James.
He said something to the affect of Harrison had trouble learning the defense. That
he basically pulled himself off the field during practice because he didn't know what to
do.

When Timmons barely saw the field last year and the geniuses at the Trib labeled him a
bust, I always said that he needed more time learning the defense. We see his
athleticism. And with time and a little more experience Timmons is going to be a beast.

SanAntonioSteelerFan
11-22-2008, 05:33 PM
James Harrison might find out where I live and beat me down for saying this, but I
believe Timmons has a decent chance of being just as good as Harrison.

I always wondered why James went undrafted. Why he was cut multiple times. And
why it took him so long to get on the field regularly. I finally got a chance to watch
Thursdays game and Collinsworth relayed a comment that Farrior made about James.
He said something to the affect of Harrison had trouble learning the defense. That
he basically pulled himself off the field during practice because he didn't know what to
do.

When Timmons barely saw the field last year and the geniuses at the Trib labeled him a
bust, I always said that he needed more time learning the defense. We see his
athleticism. And with time and a little more experience Timmons is going to be a beast.

Hey Jigga, are you saying Harrison is a retard, but once he learned what to do (after years in the Steelers system) he became great? Not that I care so much (whether he's dumb as a post), but that's something I didn't know.

stlrz d
11-22-2008, 05:38 PM
I predict James Harrison will rip off Jiga's head and **** down his neck! :P

Jigawatts
11-22-2008, 05:42 PM
No SASF, not saying he's mentally retarded. Just saying it took him a while to learn
the system. Maybe longer than others. And coupled with the groin injury, maybe that's
the reason why Timmons didn't see the field all that much last year. By next season,
I expect Harrison, Woodley, Farrior, and Timmons to terrorize quarterbacks.

Jigawatts
11-22-2008, 05:43 PM

Can I delete this thread or maybe even join the witness protection program?

Iron Shiek
11-22-2008, 06:27 PM
You have roughly 32 minutes and 43 seconds to find a place to hide, but it really wont matter. It will just give you something to do to pass time until he gets back from the other a$$ whippin appointments he has scheduled.

Shawn
11-23-2008, 01:51 AM
I was screaming for Harrison to get on the field years before he became a starter. You could see that physically he was an absolute beast. I couldn't understand why the coaches wouldn't play him more. Now, I understand. That makes a ton of sense.

As for Timmons...I don't know if he will be as unstoppable as Harrison or not (from a pure blitzing stand point). But, he will definately be the more complete LBr. Timmons covers like a DB...and has speed that most LBs only dream of. He has a nose for the ball...and can make plays sideline to sideline. It will be difficult to compare the two. But make no mistake Timmons will be special.

Chadman
11-23-2008, 08:48 AM
Let's just remember who pimped Lawrence Timmons to y'all the year he got drafted...

:Boobs

Shawn
11-23-2008, 10:15 AM
Let's just remember who pimped Lawrence Timmons to y'all the year he got drafted...

Yea, that was tomiesteel's greatest accomplishment! ;)

Jigawatts
11-23-2008, 11:15 AM

Yea, that was tomiesteel's greatest accomplishment! ;)

Chadman is Tomiesteel? :shock: :D

RussBII
11-23-2008, 01:00 PM

Can I delete this thread or maybe even join the witness protection program?

Jiga, my neighbors down the road have a Delorean. I just drove by, its been ripped in half.

I think someone's looking for you, get out while you can!!!

phillyesq
11-23-2008, 07:30 PM
I don't think that Timmons has enough strength to terrorize qbs as consistently as Harrison does. Harrison can beat a tackle with either a speed rush or a bull rush. I don't think that Timmons can beat a tackle with a bull rush.

Timmons is certainly faster, and has an opportunity to do more in coverage, but I'd be shocked if he can ever bring pressure with the consistency of Harrison. And that isn't really so much a criticism of Timmons -- Harrison brings insane pressure on almost every snap.

steelblood
11-24-2008, 10:06 AM
Timmons has as much talent as any other LBer in the game. He has speed, athleticism, and strength and is developing a bit of mean streak. However, if you isolate on him in the games, you'll see that he is often very slow to read and react to plays. This can be fine tuned, but it cannot be taught. He is great on plays when he is given a simple objective (like cover TE or blitz). But, as a ILB asked to diagnose the play and act accordingly, he is not good (yet). Hopefully, this will improve. But, when Farrior races in front of him to make the tackle on his side and he still hasn't left his crouch, it is not a good sign.