PDA

View Full Version : It's LAKERS TIME!

eniparadoxgma
11-21-2008, 12:41 AM
Lakers will win the NBA title this year. Period.

Discuss. :D

Iron Shiek
11-21-2008, 12:08 PM
Get the eff outta my way!
http://www.all-nba-all-basketball.com/images/ANDREW_BYNUM_MIP_1.jpg

I'm down with that E...9-1 and rollin...they had an off night that loss, won't see many of them.

Lakers v. Cavs (?)

That was my hopes last year and my prediction this year.

Shawn
11-21-2008, 04:05 PM
Go Cavs! :)

AkronSteel
11-22-2008, 01:24 AM
Cavs will win it all this year. Lebron is on a mission and Mo Williams has added another dimension to the team. They blew a game the other night against Detoilet that they should not have lost but overall they look like the best team in the East to me. The Lakers look like a real solid team but they are still thin up front and a little soft.

Iron Shiek
11-22-2008, 01:35 PM
Cavs will win it all this year. Lebron is on a mission and Mo Williams has added another dimension to the team. They blew a game the other night against Detoilet that they should not have lost but overall they look like the best team in the East to me. The Lakers look like a real solid team but they are still thin up front and a little soft.

The Cavs are one piece away...one more consistent shooter or a do it all guy. Early rumors are still them trading for Michael Redd or Andrei Kirilenko. If they get Redd...forget it...they have to get to the finals! I'd like to see that. I'd expect trade rumors to get hot and heavy around the midway point. Trust me, the Cavs WILL make a move, they have to.

AkronSteel
11-22-2008, 09:39 PM
I don't know if they do? I would like to see them get another stud in Cleveland to go next to Lebron, but I don't know if they shouldn't just let Wally's contract expire along with Eric Snow coming off the cap and make a play for a substantial FA in the offseason. What about a player like Nowitzski....Dallas is in serious trouble this year and with Cuban's legal issues he may be looking to remove some of the salary burden.

Iron Shiek
11-23-2008, 02:27 AM
All I will say is lets just enjoy Lebron with the Cavs while we can...he wants to be this global mega super duper star...he's numerously repeated that this is his goal. He is not going to achieve that kind of status in Cleveland. I'm pretty darn sure he will roll when his contract is up. His boy Jay-Z will gladly have him and the Knicks are clearing cap space like crazy.

frankthetank1
12-06-2008, 04:28 PM
no way the lakers win it all. the celtics will repeat

Iron Shiek
12-06-2008, 10:30 PM
no way the lakers win it all. the celtics will repeat

Its hard to say. One thing that seems very obvious at least from the beginning of the season...Cavs, Lakers or Pistons will win.

You see Big Baby Davis live up to his name the other night...what a cry baby. I was crackin up.

mshifko
12-12-2008, 10:50 PM
while the lakers are off to another hot start, i look for the suns to top them this post season...i like the guard play and a healthy stoudamire

Iron Shiek
12-14-2008, 01:09 PM
while the lakers are off to another hot start, i look for the suns to top them this post season...i like the guard play and a healthy stoudamire

They just got more dangerous by acquiring Richardson...and Amare is a beast. But the Lakers are too deep for them I think...

SteelerStar007
12-19-2008, 02:29 PM
I disagreed with those opinions about Lakers and Cavaliers this year. I believe that Celtics are gonna repeat because they're still dominating. They have won 16 in a row and still counting. Think and look at Celtics' defense, they're better than Lakers.

stlrz d
12-19-2008, 03:23 PM
I disagreed with those opinions about Lakers and Cavaliers this year. I believe that Celtics are gonna repeat because they're still dominating. They have won 16 in a row and still counting. Think and look at Celtics' defense, they're better than Lakers.

That username and your first post is about hoops??? :wft

:lol:

Iron Shiek
12-19-2008, 09:38 PM

Yeah! What stlrzd said!

And about your comments. I think you might be right unfortunately. They are just fervent on the defensive end. Lakers can't play D it seems. Plus if Dikembe signs with the Celtics, that will be trouble. Granted dude is past his prime, but he's just one of those guys that they always seem to find and will provide great spot duty time for them. He will get some stuff done for them. But I will hold out hope for my Lakers v Cavs final!

eniparadoxgma
01-06-2009, 10:42 AM
What? No one resurrected this thread after the Lakers/Celtics game?

I'll say it again: Lakers > the rest of the NBA.

YESSIR!!!!1

AkronSteel
01-15-2009, 10:53 PM
Cavs are looking like the lead pony in this race! They look strong even without big Z! They are going to be real hard to beat!

Yes Sir!

Iron Shiek
01-16-2009, 09:38 AM
Cavs are looking like the lead pony in this race! They look strong even without big Z! They are going to be real hard to beat!

Yes Sir!

No kidding man! They need to save that big oaf for the playoffs. They won't let him play until about 20-30 games left in the season. He always gets hurt late in the year. Keep him fresh.

Well, the Lakers killed me the other night coming all the way back on the Spurs only to blow it. But I am still confident that the Laker-Cav final will happen. That will be tough to watch for me...

eniparadoxgma
01-19-2009, 11:49 PM
Lakers/Cavs on right now.

Kobe/Lebron matchup.

Yessir!!!

Iron Shiek
01-20-2009, 10:11 AM
I got to see the highlights...Kobe looked good while playing hurt. Great matchup from what I could tell.

Lakers are too deep man...

Cavs need another big trade like last year...

eniparadoxgma
01-20-2009, 10:40 AM
Watched the whole game. Good stuff.

As you said, the Lakers are just too deep and the depth is quality.

The Kobe/Lebron matchup was pretty sweet. Kobe scored on Lebron repeatedly in the last 15 minutes, hitting those ludicrous falling out of bounds fade-aways and what not.

mshifko
02-04-2009, 09:25 PM
61!!!!

Iron Shiek
02-04-2009, 10:46 PM
With Bynum down...he is gonna have to get at least 45 a game now.

Dammit...that kid needs to stay healthy.

Cavs are sick...how are they still undefeated at home....WTF! I remember walking up to the ticket booth getting the cheapest tickets and just walking down behind the bench and watching the game from row 10 or so. Crazy how they've turned it around there.

Ha...the Browns have the crowd...but will never have the team.

EDIT: Speaking of Kobe's 61...Lebron has 50 in MSG with a minute left. Man knicks no defense run and gun sucks...that's D'antoni for you.

EDIT 2!!: 52-10-11...first triple double with 50 points in the garden since Wilt. Sick.

eniparadoxgma
02-06-2009, 10:06 PM
Yeah, Lebron and the Cavs have definitely turned it up a notch this year. I'm looking forward to a Lakers/Celtics or Lakers/Cavs Finals.

Last night's Lakers/Celtics was an instant classic IMO. Lakers win in OT!

Sunday: Lakers/Cavs I believe. Good stuff.

eniparadoxgma
02-10-2009, 05:41 PM
How bout that last Cavs/Lakers game?

Kobe w/the flu shooting that ridiculous fadeaway over Lebron?!? Pure beauty.

And oh yeah, Lakers won. I think that was the Spurs, Celtics, and Cavs in the same week or so?

WOOT!

Iron Shiek
02-10-2009, 06:00 PM
How bout that last Cavs/Lakers game?

Kobe w/the flu shooting that ridiculous fadeaway over Lebron?!? Pure beauty.

And oh yeah, Lakers won. I think that was the Spurs, Celtics, and Cavs in the same week or so?

WOOT!

They are ballin man. Without bynum too!

AkronSteel
03-13-2009, 10:29 PM
Bump

AkronSteel
03-13-2009, 10:31 PM
The Cavaliers are starting to pull away from the Celtics! It looks like they are probably going to be getting the #1 seed in the East. If that is the case they are going to be real hard to beat in the Conference Rounds of the playoffs. It looks to me like it is going to be Cavs v Lakers come June! Should be real fun to watch! Go Cavs!

eniparadoxgma
05-04-2009, 07:45 PM
Bump.

Rockets are the next to get steamrolled.

LAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAKKKKKKKERSSSSSSSSSSSS!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!

eniparadoxgma
05-05-2009, 02:06 AM
:?

Chachi
05-05-2009, 07:31 AM
Bump.

Rockets are the next to get steamrolled.

LAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAKKKKKKKERSSSSSSSSSSSS!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!

If by "get steamrolled" you mean, "beat down the Lakers" then, yes, the Rockets are the next to "get steamrolled". :lol:

eniparadoxgma
05-05-2009, 09:35 PM
Yeah, well...you're a stupid head.

http://img387.imageshack.us/img387/9333/kelsoburn2.gif (http://img387.imageshack.us/my.php?image=kelsoburn2.gif)

Iron Shiek
05-07-2009, 01:23 PM
Dont worry Enip...I had a feeling being off for a while they'd start off rusty and maybe get snuck, but the Rockets will still get beat. Tough series. You see last night's game...some rough stuff going on. But Artest was lobbying a little too hard for a call on a play that happens in probably every game. STFU and play you puss.

Lakers-Cavs is in sight (as long as Denver doesn't muck things up...they pose a matchup problem for Lakers I think)!! I don't know who to root for, I'm just gonna sit back and enjoy and root for 7 games.

AngryAsian
05-30-2009, 11:34 PM
Bring on the trash talk... Kobe will feel the wrath of Dwight Howard and crew. The magic are 2-0 against the Lakers this season and that trend will continue Thursday night!!!

stlrz d
05-31-2009, 11:55 AM
Bring on the trash talk... Kobe will feel the wrath of Dwight Howard and crew. The magic are 2-0 against the Lakers this season and that trend will continue Thursday night!!!

I don't think any trash talk is required from the Lakers fans. ;) :P

eniparadoxgma
05-31-2009, 07:33 PM
I don't think any trash talk is required from the Lakers fans. ;) :P

$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$

8)

Iron Shiek
06-02-2009, 01:27 PM
Kobe gonna be doin more than just work...he gonna be hoistin trophies (Finals MVP and NBA Champ)

eniparadoxgma
06-05-2009, 05:01 AM
:tt2 :tt2 :tt2 :tt2 :tt2 :tt2 :tt2 :tt2

Iron Shiek
06-05-2009, 11:24 AM
Thrashing....

:tt2 :tt2 :tt2

stlrz d
06-10-2009, 09:48 AM
Orlando shoots 63% and it's still only a 4 point win.

The Lakers should win the next 2 because Orlando isn't going to shoot a record % again.

SanAntonioSteelerFan
06-10-2009, 04:49 PM
As a Spur fan in mourning (like maybe planning to wear black for the better part of the next decade, till a new Tim Duncan comes around), I'm pulling for the Magic. They're going to need some Magic to pull this off.

Do they know how to spell "D"?

Maybe we should loan them Harrison!

stlrz d
06-14-2009, 10:40 PM
http://blogs.dallasobserver.com/sportatorium/NBA%20trophy.jpg

http://api.ning.com/files/Se2syRdPbFrA02mWajcHFRnQCjjSI76WW0K1cl5W4u9kUjz3IG on0tTqwWNNHU1GkhqeomS8f7OcufjKd3i-fa06Q5EydN3o/la_lakers.jpg

eniparadoxgma
06-15-2009, 07:32 AM
http://blogs.dallasobserver.com/sportatorium/NBA%20trophy.jpg

http://api.ning.com/files/Se2syRdPbFrA02mWajcHFRnQCjjSI76WW0K1cl5W4u9kUjz3IG on0tTqwWNNHU1GkhqeomS8f7OcufjKd3i-fa06Q5EydN3o/la_lakers.jpg
:tt2 :tt2 :tt2 :tt2 :tt2 :tt2 :tt2 :tt2 :tt2 :tt2 :tt2 :tt2

First the Steelers...

Then the Lakers...

Could this also be the year of UK's return to the top of the NCAA?

Man. This is awesome.

Suck on that, Kobe-haters!!! :D

Iron Shiek
10-23-2009, 03:15 PM
I'd like to bump this thread in honor of the Lakers repeating...you know its happening, don't deny it.

eniparadoxgma
10-23-2009, 03:37 PM
I'd like to bump this thread in honor of the Lakers repeating...you know its happening, don't deny it.

Aw hell yeah! Reminds me to watch the game tonight, preseason or not. Totally forget to watch 'em last night.

What's your take on Artest, Shiek? I've never been a fan... However, I'm hoping he can lift some of the pressure off of Kobe on D. Dunno, I liked Ariza.

How's Bynum looking so far? I haven't had a chance to catch a game yet.

And I just want to bump this:

Muahahahahahaha!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!11111111111 :tt2 :tt2 :tt2

SanAntonioSteelerFan
10-23-2009, 04:04 PM
Here come The Spurs!!

Iron Shiek
10-23-2009, 07:44 PM
Ha...this ain't wheelchair basketball...man. Spurs are on their last legs (although they could make a little run).

Enip...I watched a little bit of the game but don't get into watching the preseason. Although the other night Cavs-Celtics game was at Schottenstein Center on Ohio State Campus and I scalped some tix. It was great! Waited til game started and got Club Seats for barely more than face (didn't even know they really had a face value...as you can tell I've never sat in club seats for anything). But the price I overpaid was offset by drinking a bunch of the strangers' beer that was in the box. Lebron played for 3 quarters and looked solid...only to be outdone by Shaq of all people...he was playing hard and was the leading scorer for a while. But the Cavs laid an egg pretty much and Eddie House was on fire. Fun time.

As for Artest...I liked Ariza too but he is a bench player. He will look better only because he is getting more minutes for Houston, but he really isn't starter material I think. Artest is definitely a baller on D, but him being in LA has trouble written all over it. He does have this weird relationship with Kobe though...so who knows, maybe he behaves and just flat out balls. I love Bynum...he needs to stay healthy. Our PG rotation will be key...I don't like any of the guys individually, but they are obviously enough to win a championship as evidenced by last year. Fisher is my dude, but his best years are behind him....hmmm sounds like how many described a certain Steelers WR...maybe he will step up for a last hurrah.

stlrz d
10-23-2009, 11:21 PM
I like Ariza.