PDA

View Full Version : So, 8-3....

Chadman
11-21-2008, 12:15 AM
8-3 with the Steelers having the 'hardest schedule since the dawn of man' & with more players on IR than off it.

Anyone STILL want to say Tomlin wasn't a good choice for HC?

stlrz d
11-21-2008, 12:30 AM
8-3 with the Steelers having the 'hardest schedule since the dawn of man' & with more players on IR than off it.

I can think of a few who would.

eniparadoxgma
11-21-2008, 12:39 AM
TrollLive post:

"at 8-3 we have only beat two team with a winning record"

I swear. It's like it's impossible for the majority of the posters at that site to say anything positive about the team they profess to follow.

HELL YEAH, I SAY! 8-3, bring on the Pasterisks!!!!

stlrz d
11-21-2008, 12:39 AM
TrollLive post:

I swear. It's like it's impossible for the majority of the posters at that site to say anything positive about the team they profess to follow.

Tommie?

steelblood
11-21-2008, 12:40 AM

Hopefully Keisel is ok.

If parker can't go, we must get Russell more touches. Moore isn't going to last if he has to carry the entire load.

I believe that Moore is far more valuable than Parker. Moore is the only 3rd down back on our roster. If Carey Davis becomes our 3rd down back, we are in trouble.

eniparadoxgma
11-21-2008, 12:48 AM
TrollLive post:

Tommie?

Did you have to ask? He has 50% of the threads on the front page to his credit. Apparently TrollLive is genetic-throwback-friendly.

There have been positive responses to the thread though...(just another reason to leave it in the dust lol)

Starlifter
11-21-2008, 12:58 AM
with the schedule we have and the rest of the AFC north playing the NFC east, i thought at the beginning of the year 10 wins takes the division. That being said we need 2 more (obviously). let's look at the ratbirds. They need to win another 4 to reach 10 as well. Here's what they got left:

PHL
CIN
WAS
PIT
DAL
JAC

Anyone here thinking they win 4 out of 6? We're in very good shape.....

AkronSteel
11-21-2008, 01:05 AM
10 Wins will get the division.....11 will get the bye. I really think this team is in good shape to get the 2nd seed in the AFC and get the bye and a home game in the playoffs. The Ravens will probably finish with 9 wins and may actually get in but we will see. As it stands right now I would say the playoff seeding will look like this!

Byes:
1) Tennessee
2) Pittsburgh

Wild Card Games:

3) New York Jets vs 6) Miami Dolphins
4) Denver Broncos vs 5) Indianapolis Colts

I will take this situation!

I think the team is in a good spot to get healthy over the next 10 days and get on a roll down the stretch.

Djfan
11-21-2008, 03:18 PM
As it stands right now I would say the playoff seeding will look like this!

Byes:
1) Tennessee
2) Pittsburgh

Wild Card Games:

Me too!

The issue about Tomlin is many leveled. I am very glad for the hire. I still support him, but the fact is that he has some leadership gaps, or at least they appear that way to me. The whole thing with allowing Brucey A to call the game he does over and over again is strange to me. I really feel that Brucey is the weak link, and it has negatively impacted the players. If I'm wrong here OK, but if I'm right, Tomlin needs to take Brucey out back and beat him like a Dark Ages wife and threaten his job. Adjust Brucey!

That's the take from this Tomlin fan.

RuthlessBurgher
11-21-2008, 03:43 PM

Byes:
1) Tennessee
2) Pittsburgh

Wild Card Games:

Me too!

The issue about Tomlin is many leveled. I am very glad for the hire. I still support him, but the fact is that he has some leadership gaps, or at least they appear that way to me. The whole thing with allowing Brucey A to call the game he does over and over again is strange to me. I really feel that Brucey is the weak link, and it has negatively impacted the players. If I'm wrong here OK, but if I'm right, Tomlin needs to take Brucey out back and beat him like a Dark Ages wife and threaten his job. Adjust Brucey!

I think the play calling has been significantly altered during this last 3 game homestand since Ben's meeting with Tomlin about Arians. Before that, we never saw quick slants to the WR's, passes to the TE's in the flats, or screens to the RB's, all of which have been on display in abundance recently. I don't think it was Arians who decided to make these changes on his own. I think Tomlin let Brucey know how it gonna be.

RKSteel
11-21-2008, 04:32 PM
Plus with the injury situation, sitting at 8-3 is pretty impressive. It doesn't matter who the Steelers haved played, as Collinsworth pointed out it's "professional" football.

Here in NY, every sports article this week has been about Jacobs knee and whether he can play Sunday. I would like to see how the Giants or Titans would play with the same amounts of injuries to starters that the Steelers have suffered.

Tomlin definately deserves credit for keeping the team focused and having all players ready to go.

Iron Shiek
11-21-2008, 07:31 PM
Plus with the injury situation, sitting at 8-3 is pretty impressive. It doesn't matter who the Steelers haved played, as Collinsworth pointed out it's "professional" football.

Here in NY, every sports article this week has been about Jacobs knee and whether he can play Sunday. I would like to see how the Giants or Titans would play with the same amounts of injuries to starters that the Steelers have suffered.

Tomlin definately deserves credit for keeping the team focused and having all players ready to go.

Preperation. Everyone knows their role, I think Tomlin commands that and expects everyone to perform like they are the number 1 starter as he always states. It seems that his message is working. You don't have that many injuries and backups performing like starters on accident. I consider him a success so far for sure.

stlrz d
11-21-2008, 08:09 PM

Byes:
1) Tennessee
2) Pittsburgh

Wild Card Games:

Me too!

I think the play calling has been significantly altered during this last 3 game homestand since Ben's meeting with Tomlin about Arians. Before that, we never saw quick slants to the WR's, passes to the TE's in the flats, or screens to the RB's, all of which have been on display in abundance recently. I don't think it was Arians who decided to make these changes on his own. I think Tomlin let Brucey know how it gonna be.

Preach on man...preach on. I completely agree.