PDA

View Full Version : Chrissy Collingsworth

Starlifter
11-21-2008, 12:13 AM
once again, i think a very good job tonight. in my opinion he is extremely fair and does a good job at color. also, so much better without gumble. he was horrible. I think CC has become the best analyst on TV....

stlrz d
11-21-2008, 12:30 AM
I don't always agree with him, but CC calls it like he sees it and I give him credit for that.

DukieBoy
11-21-2008, 12:33 AM
Once he finished therapy to get over his Bungle angst, he's been real good.
Aikman has been real good too.

rpmpit
11-21-2008, 09:31 AM
Yeah, what I like about him is that he is so critical of the Bengals. He's definitely not a homer. Not that any former Bengal could be and still be taken seriously - just stating the obvious, folks.

proudpittsburgher
11-21-2008, 09:43 AM
I thought you were going to trash him based on the thread title, and I was contimplating posting for fear of being flamed, but I really like him as well. I don't like the papa guy so much, but he is light years ahead of Bryant Gumble, so he has that going for him.
My one complaint on NFLN . . . You have three friggen hours prior of pregame prior to an unwatchable game outside of Steeler fans, but you don't have a sideline reporter to find out what the hell happened to FWP in the third quarter????? It was painfully obvious when willie didn't return after limping out of bounds on the sweep play of what was a close game, yet no one bothered to bring it up in the play-by-play because they knew they didn't have that little minion adam shefter on the sidelines to find out what happened. :moon

Iron Shiek
11-21-2008, 09:57 AM
I don't know...everyone is hollering for sideline reporters. I'm glad NFLN has simplified their broadcast...2 man booth no sideline reporters. Collinsworth (man I used to hate him back in the day as an analyst) has been very good, and Bob Papa is solid. They don't need sideline reporters asking obvious dumb questions that any moron could answer just to get extract some fake response from these players. They should have people down on the sidelines trying to "sniff" around and relay any necessary info back up to the booth (just not on camera), but maybe they just missed the Parker thing...I don't know.

But I hate sideline reporters...other than eye candy, what purpose do they serve...

steelblood
11-21-2008, 10:11 AM
He's generally adequate. But, he misses a ton. There were several blown calls (like the pass intereference on Hines early in the 2nd half), some outstanding efforts, and some key turning points that he missed because he was too busy prattling on about something that he thought to say before the game started. I actually thought that the play-by-play guy did a better job of analyzing the action and pointing out key plays/issues.

Starlifter
11-21-2008, 01:16 PM
btw, i loved the story he told about how every time his daughter tells people her dad used to play for the bengals - they tell her how sorry they are.......that was awesome....

phillyesq
11-21-2008, 01:48 PM
I really enjoyed the intro. Starting out with how the Steelers are so hard nosed, the tradition, etc. And then just dismissing the Bengals as a joke.

Collingsworth did a great job. Like many in this thread, I used to be very anti-CC, but I've really come around on him. I miss inside the NFL on HBo -- I thought that CC, Marino etc. had a great chemistry.

The play by play guy I didn't care for as much -- I found him kind of boring.

RuthlessBurgher
11-21-2008, 02:31 PM
I really enjoyed the intro. Starting out with how the Steelers are so hard nosed, the tradition, etc. And then just dismissing the Bengals as a joke.

Collingsworth did a great job. Like many in this thread, I used to be very anti-CC, but I've really come around on him. I miss inside the NFL on HBo -- I thought that CC, Marino etc. had a great chemistry.

Bob Papa is still a million times better than Bryant @#$%in' Gumbel!!!

rpmpit
11-21-2008, 02:49 PM

Bob Papa is still a million times better than Bryant @#$%in' Gumbel!!!

Better, definitely. But I have to agree with philly on Papa. The start of the game was kinda slow. That combined with Papa's delivery and I almost nodded off. ALMOST!!!

stlrz d
11-21-2008, 07:47 PM
btw, i loved the story he told about how every time his daughter tells people her dad used to play for the bengals - they tell her how sorry they are.......that was awesome....

Don't forget that he added the part about how the Bengals have had only one winning season thus far during his kids' lives.

Btw, there is no "G" in his name. Collinsworth...kinda bugs me when people get that wrong. Unless it's done on purpose of course. :P

Starlifter
11-21-2008, 08:06 PM

Don't forget that he added the part about how the Bengals have had only one winning season thus far during his kids' lives.

Btw, there is no "G" in his name. Collinsworth...kinda bugs me when people get that wrong. Unless it's done on purpose of course. :P

lol, you're correct sir. I was having so much fun with 'chrissy' that I didn't pay attention to the last name. doesn't matter though, as good as he is as an analyst - he's still a bungle.

stlrz d
11-21-2008, 08:11 PM

lol, you're correct sir. I was having so much fun with 'chrissy' that I didn't pay attention to the last name. doesn't matter though, as good as he is as an analyst - he's still a bungle.

True dat...and for the record, by comment wasn't directed at you alone. :D

Ozey74
11-21-2008, 10:09 PM
I did notice that Collinsworth was being over polite when talking about the Steelers. I wonder if Greg Lloyd was standing behind him in the booth last night?

:bungalssuck

proudpittsburgher
11-22-2008, 10:43 AM
I did notice that Collinsworth was being over polite when talking about the Steelers. I wonder if Greg Lloyd was standing behind him in the booth last night?

:bungalssuck

I bet it was just James Harrison staring at him from the field. :Bow

RuthlessBurgher
11-22-2008, 12:26 PM

It is also odd when ex-Bengal and ex-Steeler Solomon Wilcots (who was kind of a sideline reporter during the NFL network pre-game show) keeps pronouncing Ben's name "Rot-lis-berger" as if there was no "h" in there at all. I'll have to start calling him Solomon Wilcox instead.