PDA

View Full Version : Unofficial Game Balls: Week 11

SteelTorch
11-20-2008, 10:43 PM
I'm starting this thread in advance because I doubt I'll be here for the end of the game. So, good luck Steelers!

Feel free to contribute your thoughts. :wink:

RuthlessBurgher
11-20-2008, 11:41 PM
I'm starting this thread in advance because I doubt I'll be here for the end of the game. So, good luck Steelers!

Feel free to contribute your thoughts. :wink:

Game's not over yet, but Ernster's a shoo-in for the # lame ball. Wouldn't be surprised if he was cut before lunch tomorrow. I think I'd rather see Steely McBeam punting.

steelz09
11-20-2008, 11:45 PM
I'd have to say that the gam ball should go to Big Ben at this point.

He's thrown a few risky throws but has made some plays as well. WR's have dropped quite a few as well.

Chadman
11-21-2008, 12:16 AM
This one is all Ben's.

steelblood
11-21-2008, 12:23 AM
I don't know about Ben. He has played very well, but he threw at least three balls that should have or could easily have been picked off. Real head scratchers. He had plenty of time and made terrible reads. You can be great all day, but if you make that many really poor throws against a good team, it'll cost you more often than not.

Also, he terribly underthrew another deep ball (with an open receiver).

Again, he was great otherwise. But, this game was about defense to me. Farrior was awesome. So was Aaron Smith.

AngryAsian
11-21-2008, 12:27 AM
Ben

Troy

Heath

Moore

Russell

stlrz d
11-21-2008, 12:29 AM
Ben

Farrior

DukieBoy
11-21-2008, 12:34 AM
Farrior.
Troy.
Aaron Smith.

eniparadoxgma
11-21-2008, 12:53 AM
Marvin Lewis, for sucking so hard.

buckeyehoppy
11-21-2008, 12:55 AM
Nothing fancy...nothing spectacular...just a serviceable Steelers win before going to Foxborough to beat the Pedophiles, er, Patophiles. Now, to the game balls:

OFFENSE

Giving this one to MM. He did everything well tonight: run, catch, return, you name it. If he could only throw the ball, we might not miss having ARE so much after all. Great game for MM!

DEFENSE

The D collectively deserves this one. But to single out one player, I'm giving mine to Willie Gay. He continues to improve every week and he was sharp tonight. He embodies the Steelers "bend, but don't break" philosophy. If he doesn't start after Deshea and BMac get back, so be it. But Willie has earned his looks and gives Dick Lebeau flexibility on the corner.

SPECIAL TEAMS

Y'know, Skippy can't win this thing every week. That said, the ST ball goes to a continually improving GRuss. The more he gets exposure back there, the more he will improve. He's an absolute load to bring down as a returner and runs intelligently, putting a shoulder into it when he needs to. That's a far cry from some past returners who ran like they had a flagpole shoved into the back of their uniforms.

Overall, a workmanlike performance by the Steelers. They are 8-3 and if they can get out of Foxborough with a W there'll be no telling what the Steelers could do down the stretch.

AkronSteel
11-21-2008, 02:09 AM
Offense:

Ben: Best game he has played since well.....the last time we saw Cincy. Either way, it was a good showing!

Limas: Hey the guy actually caught the ball tonight. That was a nice catch in the 4th quarter.....I know he messed up on the punt, but he is at least starting to catch the ball.

Defense:

Farrior: The guy was a beast tonight. He shut down two short yardage plays by himself. He played very well, like always.

William Gay: The guy has continued to improve....week in and week out.......very impressive performance tonight....there has not been a let down in the secondary at all.

Special Teams:

Skippy: The guy is $$$$, he is so clutch and kicks so well in bad weather. He is a stud!

RKSteel
11-21-2008, 10:32 AM
Offense:

O-Line, yeah I know, if was the Bengals, but they played solid and it looks like they are starting to come together.

Moore, guy does everything. I inside screen was great.

Defense:

Farrior, two stops on 3 and 1, enough said.

Aaron Smith, if he was the only down lineman, teams still wouldn't gain 100yds.

Honorable Mention:

Russell, this guy needs to get the ball more.