PDA

View Full Version : What is the deal with Big Ben and the Oline?

Hardliner
11-20-2008, 04:56 PM
What up everyone? Most, but not all of you, know my rep. I'll call out my Chiefs far faster, if they deserve same, than any of you. I'm not about raining on parades, you know? (I could order up a mega-5 storm on KC this season and it still wouldn't cover all the problems, for instance). So, I'm coming over here to let it loose on anything and everything. Call it something on the order of tough love? Yeah, that works.

So, here's my deal on the Steel. Why am I seeing a far more vulnerable and less mobile Ben this year? Is the Oline sucking or what? I ask this only from having seen about 4 Steeler games this year.

Is Ben's confidence in question? It sure seems that way to the HL. Having seen the guy from the past and this year is scary. I only ask because I like your franchise and most, if not all, of you. So, what up?

RuthlessBurgher
11-20-2008, 05:02 PM
O-line is most definitely sucking, leading Ben to get happy feet and hold on to the ball too long, resulting in way too many sacks. He's been improving as of late, though, with more short quick passes instead of always using 7 step drops that leave him back there like a sitting duck.

Do you think Tyler Thigpen could be a long term keeper for you guys, or do you still think you might go after a franchise QB early in the next draft?

Hardliner
11-20-2008, 06:00 PM
O-line is most definitely sucking, leading Ben to get happy feet and hold on to the ball too long, resulting in way too many sacks. He's been improving as of late, though, with more short quick passes instead of always using 7 step drops that leave him back there like a sitting duck.

Do you think Tyler Thigpen could be a long term keeper for you guys, or do you still think you might go after a franchise QB early in the next draft?

Yo, Ruthless, what up Bud?

I'm hearing your rap on the long drops and such for Ben. But, I'm maybe seeing something more than a marginal Oline, such as a diminishing of confidence for whatever reason? I have no idea what that "confidence" factor is, you would know better than me, but it sure seems a different QB this year as opposed to the recent past. Just my take for what it's worth.

As it relates to my new man, Thigpen? This guy is something out of the ordinary, and it's not only me but former Chief's great QB Lenny Dawson saying the same. Who wudda thunk it with this guy? Still with no W's as a starting QB but showing more than a little sum-suminthin' over the past few games now that OC Chan Gailey has designed a strategy playing to "Gettin' Thiggy with it's" strengths.

On the downside, I don't think Herm is smart enough to stay the course with this guy even though he definintely deserves it and the Chiefs should look to draft DE and OL before even thinking about QB in the 2009 draft. Just saying, you know?

RuthlessBurgher
11-20-2008, 07:30 PM

Yo, Ruthless, what up Bud?

I'm hearing your rap on the long drops and such for Ben. But, I'm maybe seeing something more than a marginal Oline, such as a diminishing of confidence for whatever reason? I have no idea what that "confidence" factor is, you would know better than me, but it sure seems a different QB this year as opposed to the recent past. Just my take for what it's worth.

As it relates to my new man, Thigpen? This guy is something out of the ordinary, and it's not only me but former Chief's great QB Lenny Dawson saying the same. Who wudda thunk it with this guy? Still with no W's as a starting QB but showing more than a little sum-suminthin' over the past few games now that OC Chan Gailey has designed a strategy playing to "Gettin' Thiggy with it's" strengths.

On the downside, I don't think Herm is smart enough to stay the course with this guy even though he definintely deserves it and the Chiefs should look to draft DE and OL before even thinking about QB in the 2009 draft. Just saying, you know?

Well, since we need help with big young talented fellas in the trenches on both sides of the line, I sincerely hope that the Chiefs don't follow your advice and they draft a QB or other skill position guy to allow one more of the big uglies to possibly fall into our laps. You took Brandon Albert, who many were projecting to us last year. Plus you got Dorsey too. Repeat after me...you want small fast guys next year... :lol: