PDA

View Full Version : Tonight, a possible trap game?

RussBII
11-20-2008, 12:51 PM
Ok... maybe i'm just being paranoid, but if the Steelers are paying any attention to whats happening to the Bengals they might start getting cocky.

So far this is what I know of the Bengals

The suck to begin with.
Backup LT is starting
Backup of a backup LG is starting
Chad's Deactivated
Cornhole's not playing
Backup LB (thanks Hines)

This is pretty much their season tonight. They'll either be beaten before kick off, or insanely jacked up for this game. I hope Tomlin doesn't let the Steelers play down to their competition and they come out mean and fired up.

Iron Shiek
11-20-2008, 12:54 PM
Ok... maybe i'm just being paranoid, but if the Steelers are paying any attention to whats happening to the Bengals they might start getting cocky.

The suck to begin with.
Backup LT is starting
Chad's Deactivated
Cornhole's not playing
Backup LB (thanks Hines)

This is pretty much their season tonight. They'll either be beaten before kick off, or insanely jacked up for this game. I hope Tomlin doesn't let the Steelers play down to their competition and they come out mean and fired up.

:Hater

Ha, just kidding. But in all seriousness, I have no worries about tonight. Class organizations don't lose to teams like this...except when we lost to the Raiders last year...and when we let expansion Houston beat us....and when....oh heck never mind.

But seriously, I'm not worried,.

RussBII
11-20-2008, 01:03 PM

The suck to begin with.
Backup LT is starting
Chad's Deactivated
Cornhole's not playing
Backup LB (thanks Hines)

:Hater

Ha, just kidding. But in all seriousness, I have no worries about tonight. Class organizations don't lose to teams like this...except when we lost to the Raiders last year...and when we let expansion Houston beat us....and when....oh heck never mind.

But seriously, I'm not worried,.

Hah! I always worry a little bit. They play the games for a reason, right? Just voicing my concerns. And i think we've all seen the Steelers play down to their competition... It's Tomlin's job to ensure that doesn't happen.

Iron Shiek
11-20-2008, 01:14 PM
Hence the Raiders comment...or many of the other games from last year vs crappy teams that we blew a$$ in...

Still though, something tells me they will just pressure Fitzpatrick into numerous errors and offensively I see them just trying to pound the ball and control clock...we'll see.

RussBII
11-20-2008, 01:18 PM
I just want to see utter domination... as it SHOULD be.

proudpittsburgher
11-20-2008, 01:36 PM
Normally, I'm right there on board with you, but this Bengals team is in shambles, and even what they have is dropping like flies. If this game is close, I consider it a loss.

RuthlessBurgher
11-20-2008, 05:19 PM
How weird is it that a team that has lost 80% of its games this season and started the season with an 8 game losing streak has not lost yet in November, and we are already up to November 20th!?!?

Of course, and tie and a bye in the last two weeks helped, but still...it would be against the laws of nature to allow Cincinnati to make it through an entire month's time without an outright loss. Just wrong. Let's lay the smack down on these beeyotches!!!

Ozey74
11-20-2008, 05:36 PM
Never say never! But, in all seriousness, I don't see how we lose tonight.

:bungalssuck

steeld95
11-20-2008, 05:49 PM
I don't really view it as a trap game. I think we actually really need this game. It should hopefully help take the positves from last week and build on it. While we didn't score many points last week, we showed improvement moving the ball and Ben played alot better. Now, we need to build on that and put some points up. We need to start getting our offense rolling for the back stretch. If we can go into the playoffs with our offense in stride, we can beat anyone. Especially with our defnese!