PDA

View Full Version : NFL Network - Companion Live Broadcast

ghettoscott
11-20-2008, 10:36 AM
http://www.nfl.com/live/landing?icampai ... P_Schedule (http://www.nfl.com/live/landing?icampaign=Live_HP_Schedule)

....sooo, does this mean we get to see it live on NFL.com?
or is this one of those play-by-play thingy's like Yahoo does for
World Cup? Anyone know?

:?:

AkronSteel
11-20-2008, 10:42 AM
I believe you will be able to watch it online! I watched the Jax game online earlier in the year because they had different camera angles that I could choose from, it was actually pretty cool.

proudpittsburgher
11-20-2008, 10:50 AM
I'm confused. Is that an ad for NFL.com, or is it mobilelive the phone service? I do know that NFL Network and NBC are affiliated, much like ABC and ESPN, and you can watch it live on Sunday nights, so Thursday nights might be the same.

ghettoscott
11-20-2008, 10:54 AM
..that would be f-f-f-fresh if it was on NFL.com... i dont feel like going to the bar tonight. :tt2

RuthlessBurgher
11-20-2008, 10:59 AM
I heard that you can watch tonight's game on your damn phone if you have Sprint (I do, but I also have NFL Network at home, so I think I will opt for my 55" LCD HDTV over my 2" cell phone :P ). It would be cool if it were available for more than just the Thursday night NFL Network games available via Sprint's NFL Mobile Live, because then I could watch Sunday Night games from my phone in the car on the way home from Sunday afternoon Steeler games instead of just listening to them on the radio. Oh well.

Oviedo
11-20-2008, 11:51 AM
Get Direct TV and quit worrying about this

ghettoscott
11-20-2008, 12:07 PM

I live in a condo and they have a contract with Time Warner...

Oviedo
11-20-2008, 12:13 PM

I live in a condo and they have a contract with Time Warner...

FCC regulations prevents your condo from preventing you getting a satelitte dish. The rules cahanged a couple of years ago. Read this:

http://www.directv.com/DTVAPP/customer/ ... Id=3460036 (http://www.directv.com/DTVAPP/customer/faqPage.jsp?assetId=3460036)

They can't stop you from getting one unless it would require extensive physical modifications. Having a contract with TimeWarner does not stop you.

ghettoscott
11-20-2008, 12:28 PM
^ NO ****T?!!!? :evil:

I didnt know that....thanks Oviedo

Iron Shiek
11-20-2008, 12:40 PM
I heard that you can watch tonight's game on your damn phone if you have Sprint (I do, but I also have NFL Network at home, so I think I will opt for my 55" LCD HDTV over my 2" cell phone :P ). It would be cool if it were available for more than just the Thursday night NFL Network games available via Sprint's NFL Mobile Live, because then I could watch Sunday Night games from my phone in the car on the way home from Sunday afternoon Steeler games instead of just listening to them on the radio. Oh well.

Slingbox dude. This is one of the best inventions ever. I've never actually used it, but the concept just sounds fantastic.

RussBII
11-20-2008, 01:22 PM
I checked out the NFL.com companion broad cast for the last thursday game....

It's just a studio show w/ "live look ins" and a slide show that refreshes...

The Sunday Night Football has the "different camera angles" broadcast...

I wish TWC and freaking NFLN would just give me my dammed Thursday night games arleady. I'll pay 8 bucks extra... whatever... just give me the f'n option already.

ghettoscott
11-20-2008, 01:27 PM
I checked out the NFL.com companion broad cast for the last thursday game....

It's just a studio show w/ "live look ins" and a slide show that refreshes...

The Sunday Night Football has the "different camera angles" broadcast...

I wish TWC and freaking NFLN would just give me my dammed Thursday night games arleady. I'll pay 8 bucks extra... whatever... just give me the f'n option already.

bloodyfukkinhell!!! :HeadBanger

RuthlessBurgher
11-20-2008, 01:28 PM

Slingbox dude. This is one of the best inventions ever. I've never actually used it, but the concept just sounds fantastic.

I actually have a Slingbox! Haven't used it since we had to switch from satellite back to cable (I much preferred the dish, but in spite of numerous attempts to get the dish to work when there was even a hint of a breeze outside, not one of the endless number of technicians could fix the thing to work for more than 2 weeks before it crapped out again. I finally gave up and went back even though I didn't want to). I never thought about using the Slingbox with my phone, though! Brilliant!

http://foreveranoob.files.wordpress.com/2008/05/brilliant.jpg

However, I will have to convince the wife to watch her TV shows from the bedroom on Sunday nights while I am on the road home from Pittsburgh. Might be tough...Hmmm...

Iron Shiek
11-20-2008, 01:31 PM
Tell her there's a reward in it when you get home...a Ruthlessburger special... :shock:

RuthlessBurgher
11-20-2008, 01:49 PM
Tell her there's a reward in it when you get home...a Ruthlessburger special... :shock:

Yeah, maybe after a 1:00 game when I get home shortly after midnight. I think it would be difficult when I get home around 3:00 a.m. following all these 4:00 starts. :lol:

MeetJoeGreene
11-20-2008, 01:55 PM
..that would be f-f-f-fresh if it was on NFL.com... i dont feel like going to the bar tonight. :tt2

what are you, sick????

ghettoscott
11-20-2008, 03:16 PM

what are you, sick????

My son wants to watch it with me... :Beer ...he is 5. :Steel

RuthlessBurgher
11-20-2008, 03:51 PM

what are you, sick????

My son wants to watch it with me... :Beer ...he is 5. :Steel

Don't they serve milk at the bar? :lol:

Seriously, though...no restaurants in the area with multiple big screen T.V.'s and the like?

ghettoscott
11-20-2008, 04:13 PM
i think Chili's and Dave & Busters will show it...

I have been spoiled this year, the only games they have not shown on local tv have been the Shegles and the Bolts...I was kind of looking forward to sitting on my arse at home. Not a chance in hell that i am missing this game though... :tt2 :tt2 :tt2

RuthlessBurgher
11-20-2008, 04:54 PM

I have been spoiled this year, the only games they have not shown on local tv have been the Shegles and the Bolts...I was kind of looking forward to sitting on my arse at home. Not a chance in hell that i am missing this game though... :tt2 :tt2 :tt2

Ooh...Dave and Buster's...the closest one to us is in Philly (never been to the one in Pittsburgh now that I think about it). I know if I took my 7 year old there, there is no way he would sit through a football game. Those video games would be calling him right from the start. And those cards can get expensive. Do they still have that deal where you pay like 15 bucks for a meal, but then get a $10 game card (or pay like 23 bucks for the meal with a $20 game card...or something like that?)

ghettoscott
11-20-2008, 05:23 PM
Oh yeah, they still have that combo, we got it this past sunday when we went to see the game v. the Bolts...i was a little pissed off because they couldnt find the correct channel and i missed the whole first quarter!...kind of boycotting them now. :?

As far as the video games go I am lucky...Mrs. Ghetto likes to play skee ball so she will take the boy to play the arcade after the first quarter while i parlay and watch the :Boobs , i mean the game.

RussBII
11-20-2008, 05:31 PM

I know, i'm so spoiled. The only game that wasn't on here in Raleigh was the opener. Other than that, its been every freaking game.

Jooser
11-20-2008, 09:16 PM
Try http://www.channelsurfing.net . The game's on there.