PDA

View Full Version : Bengals Oline

RKSteel
11-20-2008, 09:04 AM
USA Today reported that the Bengals will be without starting LT , LG and backup LG. Two rookies are starting.

It might be a feeding frenzy for the Steelers D tonight.

Iron Shiek
11-20-2008, 10:02 AM
USA Today reported that the Bengals will be without starting LT , LG and backup LG. Two rookies are starting.

I mentioned earlier in the week Houshmangina said he thought he was going to have to line up on Oline in OT last week. They are definitely gonna struggle and I predicted a record for sacks...its looking more likely...poor Fitzpatrick...show no mercy BAD WORD.

phillyesq
11-20-2008, 10:19 AM
A rookie LT and their version of Jeremy Parquet at LG. I'm really looking forward to tonight.

This year reminds me of points in the mid-90s, when I enjoyed watching the defense play more than I enjoyed watching the offense.

RuthlessBurgher
11-20-2008, 10:20 AM
Their backups can probably get away with holding Harrison and Woodley just as much as their starters do. :roll:

rpmpit
11-20-2008, 10:26 AM

I mentioned earlier in the week Houshmangina said he thought he was going to have to line up on Oline in OT last week. They are definitely gonna struggle and I predicted a record for sacks...its looking more likely...poor Fitzpatrick...show no mercy BAD WORD.

MAKE THEM PAY...

http://www.whodeyfans.com/uploaded_images/tj-terribletowel-724818.jpg

SteelerNation1
11-20-2008, 10:31 AM

MAKE THEM PAY...

How about one pre-game against the Bungles, I was screaming at Doushmanzadeah and I actually screamed, "I'm going to cut that rat tail off your head!!!!!!!!" He laughed at me and yelled something back. It was great!

rpmpit
11-20-2008, 10:37 AM

MAKE THEM PAY...

How about one pre-game against the Bungles, I was screaming at Doushmanzadeah and I actually screamed, "I'm going to cut that rat tail off your head!!!!!!!!" He laughed at me and yelled something back. It was great!

That is awesome :Clap :Clap

My all time best was this years Monday Night against the Ravens. I happened to be near the ESPN set when Steve Young (major bald spot, btw :D ) was sitting down and getting his make up on. I yelled, "Hey Steve. Tell us how bad we suck."

http://i150.photobucket.com/albums/s119/rpmpit/DSC01010.jpg

http://i150.photobucket.com/albums/s119/rpmpit/DSC01011.jpg

SteelerNation1
11-20-2008, 10:38 AM

MAKE THEM PAY...

That is awesome :Clap :Clap

My all time best was this years Monday Night against the Ravens. I happened to be near the ESPN set when Steve Young (major bald spot, btw :D ) was sitting down and getting his make up on. I yelled, "Hey Steve. Tell us how bad we suck."

http://i150.photobucket.com/albums/s119/rpmpit/DSC01010.jpg

http://i150.photobucket.com/albums/s119/rpmpit/DSC01011.jpg
I hate Steve Young. That is all.

costanza2k1
11-20-2008, 11:27 AM
The last picture you have of him looks like he now hates you too. LOL

rpmpit
11-20-2008, 11:31 AM
The last picture you have of him looks like he now hates you too. LOL

That was his subtle reaction to me screaming at him :tt1 :tt1

Oviedo
11-20-2008, 11:49 AM
Their backups can probably get away with holding Harrison and Woodley just as much as their starters do. :roll:

Exactly. The refs won't let this be a blow out because the NFL and their NFL Network doesn't want everyone turning off the TV and going to bed at 10:00pm. Bad for selling future games to advertisers.

I bet we see more non-calls tonight than we did against the Chargers.

MeetJoeGreene
11-20-2008, 01:59 PM

True Dat.
:bungalssuck

We need a "The Refs Suck" sign.

RuthlessBurgher
11-20-2008, 02:09 PM

True Dat.
:bungalssuck

We need a "The Refs Suck" sign.

We could just use something like this:

http://www.eteamz.com/hfc93/images/blindref.gif

Jom112
11-20-2008, 07:23 PM

The starting Left Tackle will be Anthony Collins. Should be interesting considering he was the guy your organization was supposedly looking at in the draft. With the way Levi Jones has been playing this season, I don't think Collins can do much worse.

The big injury is the one to Andrew Whithworth. Him and Bobbie Williams have been the only two starting O-Linemen doing well this season. The rest are crap...

SteelTorch
11-20-2008, 07:33 PM

The starting Left Tackle will be Anthony Collins. Should be interesting considering he was the guy your organization was supposedly looking at in the draft. With the way Levi Jones has been playing this season, I don't think Collins can do much worse.

The big injury is the one to Andrew Whithworth. Him and Bobbie Williams have been the only two starting O-Linemen doing well this season. The rest are crap...
And to be fair, sometimes the backups play better than the starters (see Stapleton). :lol:

RuthlessBurgher
11-20-2008, 08:31 PM

I admit that I was on the "Take Collins in the 3rd round" bandwagon back in April. Now, I hope I was wrong about him. :twisted:

Jom112
11-21-2008, 05:56 PM

I admit that I was on the "Take Collins in the 3rd round" bandwagon back in April. Now, I hope I was wrong about him. :twisted:

Nope, you were right the first time. I watched Collins on almost every play (Especially considering there isn't much else to watch out for), and I thought he did phenomenal yesterday.

I've been watching Harrison abuse linemen all season and Collins won that battle. Although it did look like Harrison wasn't trying much. Either way he couldn't get past Collins. I think we found our new LT of the future. Now only if we could find a center and guard (Once Whithworth moves to RT)...

SteelTorch
11-21-2008, 06:08 PM
Nope, you were right the first time. I watched Collins on almost every play (Especially considering there isn't much else to watch out for), and I thought he did phenomenal yesterday.

I've been watching Harrison abuse linemen all season and Collins won that battle. Although it did look like Harrison wasn't trying much. Either way he couldn't get past Collins. I think we found our new LT of the future. Now only if we could find a center and guard (Once Whithworth moves to RT)...
Well at least you got something out of that round. We got Bruce Davis. :?

While he might turn out as a good situational rusher, another LB was not a priority given the other weaknesses we had.