PDA

View Full Version : What offense will we see tomorrow night?

Oviedo
11-19-2008, 11:02 AM
What do you think:

1. The take what the defense gives you high prercentage passing game we used against the Chargers?

-or-

2. The Ben force the ball down the field, hold onto the ball too long until a play opens up?

I'll take more of #1 please

I do think that FWP gets another 100 yard game and we see Russell more than we have all season in short yardage situations. I just hope Ben keeps looking for Spaeth, and hopefully Miller, for short passes to keep the drive going.

papillon
11-19-2008, 11:08 AM
What do you think:

1. The take what the defense gives you high prercentage passing game we used against the Chargers?

-or-

2. The Ben force the ball down the field, hold onto the ball too long until a play opens up?

I do think that FWP gets another 100 yard game and we see Russell more than we have all season in short yardage situations. I just hope Ben keeps looking for Spaeth, and hopefully Miller, for short passes to keep the drive going.

The Bengals don't play the cover-2 and if they do, they don't do it nearly as good as the Colts or even the Chargers for that matter. I think Ben will take what he's given, but, he'll be looknig for big plays more than twice in this one.

Parker should have another solid game and it would be nice to see Holmes shake the cobwebs and be more consistent as the Steelers head into the final 6 weeks of the season.

It would be nice to have this one settled at half-time or early 3rd quarter and get people out of the game and begin the mini-bye week early.

Pappy

Oviedo
11-19-2008, 11:14 AM
What do you think:

-or-

The Bengals don't play the cover-2 and if they do, they don't do it nearly as good as the Colts or even the Chargers for that matter. I think Ben will take what he's given, but, he'll be looknig for big plays more than twice in this one.

Parker should have another solid game and it would be nice to see Holmes shake the cobwebs and be more consistent as the Steelers head into the final 6 weeks of the season.

It would be nice to have this one settled at half-time or early 3rd quarter and get people out of the game and begin the mini-bye week early.

Pappy

I hope the refs actually call holding on the Bumgals because if they do it will be another 6-7 sack game and we will end it early.

I agree with wanting this one locked up early but just get the sneaking suspicion that between a combination of the short week and the refs (the NFL doesn't want everyone tuning out and going to bed at 10:00pm) the Bumgals linger longer than they deserve.

Steeler Mafia
11-19-2008, 11:16 AM
I think we will see more of #1 myself. It appears to me that the Steelers are on the verge of turning the corner and finding their identity on offense. FWP is back and healthy, Russell is looking good in some short yardage situations, Ben is being more conservative with the ball and not forcing plays. Miller is getting healthy while he and Spaeth are looking to get more touches. Things are looking up.

This would be an excellent time for the offense to start clicking. A few games left in the season to further iron things out, get healthy, and then we will be ready to make a strong run in the playoffs. Hopefully Arians won't screw this up.

HERE WE GO STEELERS!

:tt2 :Beer :tt2 :Beer :tt2

stlrz d
11-19-2008, 03:38 PM
I think we'll see more of what we've been seeing...except with more 3rd down conversions and more TDs. :)

Oviedo
11-19-2008, 04:06 PM
I think we'll see more of what we've been seeing...except with more 3rd down conversions and more TDs. :)

I don't care about 3rd down conversions as long as we score on 2nd down.

stlrz d
11-19-2008, 04:07 PM

I meant it as in converting 3rd down to 1st down.

We seem to be struggling with that a bit.

RuthlessBurgher
11-19-2008, 04:10 PM
[quote="stlrz d":1er5plmw]I think we'll see more of what we've been seeing...except with more 3rd down conversions and more TDs. :)

We seem to be struggling with that a bit.[/quote:1er5plmw]

Who needs to convert 3rd downs to 1st down when you score on 2nd down, though? Our goal should be to score every time on 2nd down. Scoring on 1st down every time would seem like we are being cocky. Besides, we want to give our defense time to at least get a drink. They deserve that. :P

Oviedo
11-19-2008, 04:12 PM
[quote="stlrz d":1rtgr7tw]I think we'll see more of what we've been seeing...except with more 3rd down conversions and more TDs. :)

We seem to be struggling with that a bit.[/quote:1rtgr7tw]

i was being sarcastic...geez

stlrz d
11-19-2008, 08:07 PM
[quote="stlrz d":5b5xh92h]I think we'll see more of what we've been seeing...except with more 3rd down conversions and more TDs. :)

We seem to be struggling with that a bit.

i was being sarcastic...geez[/quote:5b5xh92h]

Sorry.

SteelStallion
11-19-2008, 09:44 PM
Good question. I too like that he's releasing the ball quicker. But in gereral I wonder if we'll see more good drives followed by red zone problems where the o-line and RB situation is a little more exposed.

MeetJoeGreene
11-19-2008, 10:52 PM
What do you think:

-or-

Pappy

I am still looking for Ben to hit Holmes on a quick strike pass and Holmes takes it to the house. That just has to be coming.

The Bengals may very well scheme to take away short routes - daring Ben with his sore shoulder and porous offensive line to beat them deep.

SteelTorch
11-19-2008, 11:57 PM
Forget all that "take what the D gives you" BS. The offense that does what it takes to win should be the offense to show up. :wink: