PDA

View Full Version : Santonio Pulls Through

SanAntonioSteelerFan
11-19-2008, 11:01 AM
This last game against the Bolts, when we were driving but out of time outs and needed some more yard for the field goal team .... the way he fought to get out of bounds on that last pass to stop the clock, and even the way he made that clutch reception - kudos to him, from someone who was sorely disappointed when he f*d up with that stuff in the car.

Oviedo
11-19-2008, 11:09 AM
Santonio can be special. He is surprising strong for his size. he just needs to keep his act together and he will be an asset for years to come.

What are the odds on him signing a second contract with the Steelers? Will he be gone ala Plastico? WRs do tend to be easy to replace.

Shawn
11-19-2008, 11:15 AM
I agree SASF. I was highly disappointed in Holmes for ganja gate. But, he is indeed trying to make up for it on the field.

phillyesq
11-19-2008, 11:16 AM
He did a good job of fighting to get out of bounds. I also noticed Ward over there trying to help knock him out. Great hustle play from Ward.

RussBII
11-19-2008, 11:49 AM
I think Tone (I've heard Ben call him that a few times now... ) is just fine. He wasn't getting reps with the starting QB, and he had some distractions. If he can keep practicing w/ Ben I think he'll do nothing but get better and better.

I'm pulling for him, simply because soooo many folks think he's a "thug" because he got popped with weed. The scary thing is that a lot of folks who hate him because of the weed give Greg Lloyd a free pass...

Weed vs Aggravated Assault... hrmmmm

AkronSteel
11-19-2008, 08:44 PM
I think Tone (I've heard Ben call him that a few times now... ) is just fine. He wasn't getting reps with the starting QB, and he had some distractions. If he can keep practicing w/ Ben I think he'll do nothing but get better and better.

I'm pulling for him, simply because soooo many folks think he's a "thug" because he got popped with weed. The scary thing is that a lot of folks who hate him because of the weed give Greg Lloyd a free pass...

Weed vs Aggravated Assault... hrmmmm

:Agree

As much as I loved Lloyd when he played in the Burgh....what happened with his son is inexcusable. As much as Santonio messed up with the sticky icky, it is his personal preference (as long as he keeps it at home). He's not hurting anyone else with it that way......the two incidents don't even compare!

Scarletfire1970
11-20-2008, 08:55 PM
Santonio can be special. He is surprising strong for his size. he just needs to keep his act together and he will be an asset for years to come.

What are the odds on him signing a second contract with the Steelers? Will he be gone ala Plastico? WRs do tend to be easy to replace.
Really?

How come we have never replaced Plax?

Scarletfire1970
11-20-2008, 08:57 PM
Aggravated assult didn't affect his performance on the field. I am not so sure about Santonio and the weed.

RuthlessBurgher
11-20-2008, 09:06 PM

Really?

We won a Super Bowl the year after Plax left, even with guys like Randle El and Wilson instead.

I'll take Santonio over Plax yesterday, today, and tomorrow.

Scarletfire1970
11-20-2008, 09:08 PM

Really?

We won a Super Bowl the year after Plax left, even with guys like Randle El and Wilson instead.

I'll take Santonio over Plax yesterday, today, and tomorrow.Not me. Plax is one of the best WRs in the league.

stlrz d
11-20-2008, 09:14 PM

Really?

I'll take Santonio over Plax yesterday, today, and tomorrow.Not me. Plax is one of the best WRs in the league.

I wouldn't go that far.

But I'd add that he's a lazy malcontent.

I'm glad he's gone.

RuthlessBurgher
11-20-2008, 09:21 PM

Really?

I wouldn't go that far.

But I'd add that he's a lazy malcontent.

I'm glad he's gone.

Agreed. Much more about "me" than "team." The Giants are winning while not using him all that much.

In a down year for Holmes, Santonio has 28 more receiving yards than Plax.

The man who attempted to place Burress in Pittsburgh, Randle El has one more receiving yard than Plax.

Burress is not ranked among the top 45 players in receiving yards. That is not elite.

eniparadoxgma
11-21-2008, 12:52 AM
Thought Holmes had a good game. Any word on that hit? I can't remember if he came back afterwards...(I blame the beer)

stlrz d
11-21-2008, 08:29 AM
Thought Holmes had a good game. Any word on that hit? I can't remember if he came back afterwards...(I blame the beer)

I haven't heard anything yet on his condition, but I don't believe he came back in.

If he's concussed at least there are 10 days until the Pasterisks!

RussBII
11-21-2008, 09:36 AM

I haven't heard anything yet on his condition, but I don't believe he came back in.

If he's concussed at least there are 10 days until the Pasterisks!

He did not come back in. He got rocked, but held on to the ball. That gave him a whole bunch of points in my mind. I hope it doesn't make him gunshy on the quick slant.