PDA

View Full Version : Name a better athlete in the NFL than Troy

rpmpit
11-19-2008, 09:06 AM
You can't. End of story.

Chadman
11-19-2008, 09:13 AM
They don't get much more athletic than this guy...

http://www.pittsburghlive.com/photos/2007-03-08/0309Womack1-b.jpg

Besides, anyone named Porkchop has to be an Uber-athlete...

RussBII
11-19-2008, 10:18 AM
All around? No question... Troy Polamalu...

What about the lesser known Athletic Pursuits?

Stomping on Babies, Kittens, Pupppies and being a general all around terrifying human? James Harrison.

Competitive Forehead Growing: Peyton Manning

The 100 m Whine about Pass Interference: TJ Houshmangina

Wooden Bench Stress Testing: Romeo Crennel

rpmpit
11-19-2008, 10:32 AM

Stomping on Babies, Kittens, Pupppies and being a general all around terrifying human? James Harrison.

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Discipline of Steel
11-19-2008, 10:48 AM
I couldnt say if he is any better but Adrian Wilson of the Cardinals would be near the very top of the list.

papillon
11-19-2008, 11:01 AM
There may be two better athletes on the Steelers:

Ike Taylor
Nate Washington

But, there aren't any better football players in the NFL than Troy right now.

Pappy

RuthlessBurgher
11-19-2008, 11:03 AM
There aren't any better football players in the NFL than Troy right now.

I suggest that this man is the best football player in the NFL right now. Because I'm afraid to nominate anyone else. :twisted:

http://www.newpittsburghcourieronline.com/articlelive/content_images/c4James-Harrison.jpg

papillon
11-19-2008, 11:09 AM

I suggest that this man is the best football player in the NFL right now. Because I'm afraid to nominate anyone else. :twisted:

http://www.newpittsburghcourieronline.com/articlelive/content_images/c4James-Harrison.jpg

If he insists I have no problem nominating him. :tt1

Six of one, half dozen of the other, they are the reason the Steelers defense is playing lights out.

Pappy

rpmpit
11-19-2008, 11:18 AM

Ike Taylor
Nate Washington

Pappy

Good call. Though I wish either one of them had hands as good as Troy.

RussBII
11-19-2008, 11:34 AM

Ike Taylor
Nate Washington

Pappy

I've been thinking about this all morning in lieu of actual work. I don't know how you'd describe Troy's unique skill set. He certainly is athletic. But I'm not sure all of his play making abilities come from athleticism alone.

Take some one like D'shea Townsend. He's as athletic as a roll of tape, yet his smarts put him good position. Now combine that kind of football knowledge w/ Troy's freaky speed to the ball? And BAM you get one helluva football player. Last guy we had like that was named Rod Woodson.

And honestly i think Lawrence Timmons will prove to be the best athlete on the team. I can't wait til he gets the defense completely.

papillon
11-19-2008, 11:37 AM

Ike Taylor
Nate Washington

Pappy

Eh, this is perception from previous years in my opinion. Nate's drop in the 4th quarter was an easy one and he should have caught it, but, the two he did catch were real nice plays on his part if I remember correctly; one was in between a couple defenders and the other I think he took a nice hit and held on (I think).

The perception with Ike may be more true than with Nate, but, the one against the Chargers would have been a one handed circus catch. Regardless, other players are making the big plays and if Ike continues to cover the way he is right now, I'll be happy. There won't be a whole lot of positive yards on his side of the field.

Pappy

rpmpit
11-19-2008, 12:25 PM

Ike Taylor
Nate Washington

Pappy

Eh, this is perception from previous years in my opinion. Nate's drop in the 4th quarter was an easy one and he should have caught it, but, the two he did catch were real nice plays on his part if I remember correctly; one was in between a couple defenders and the other I think he took a nice hit and held on (I think).

The perception with Ike may be more true than with Nate, but, the one against the Chargers would have been a one handed circus catch. Regardless, other players are making the big plays and if Ike continues to cover the way he is right now, I'll be happy. There won't be a whole lot of positive yards on his side of the field.

Pappy

Just go back to the Colts game for evidence that Ike can't catch for chit. His tip was one of the reasons we lost that game.

Nate is improving. I'll give you that.

But the point of this thread wasn't to knock on Nate, Ike or anyone really. Its just my opinion that Troy is the best athlete in the NFL right now. I just can't get that int and td (that wasn't) out of my head.

My man-crush on Troy is becoming increasingly difficult to hide :oops:

:lol: :lol:

RussBII
11-19-2008, 12:44 PM

Ike Taylor
Nate Washington

Pappy

Pappy

Just go back to the Colts game for evidence that Ike can't catch for chit. His tip was one of the reasons we lost that game.

Nate is improving. I'll give you that.

But the point of this thread wasn't to knock on Nate, Ike or anyone really. Its just my opinion that Troy is the best athlete in the NFL right now. I just can't get that int and td (that wasn't) out of my head.

My man-crush on Troy is becoming increasingly difficult to hide :oops:

:lol: :lol:

I think that the tip in the Colts game shows more of Ike's athleticism and less of his inability to catch. There are VERY few folks who could get in position to tip that ball, and even fewer still who could've caught it. It sucked, but you can't pin that on Ike at all. He's taught to go up and hit the ball, it took a bad bounce.

RuthlessBurgher
11-19-2008, 01:17 PM
They don't get much more athletic than this guy...

http://www.pittsburghlive.com/photos/2007-03-08/0309Womack1-b.jpg

Besides, anyone named Porkchop has to be an Uber-athlete...

A pork chop is a tiny snack compared to the original Big Snack!

http://www.behindthesteelcurtain.com/images/admin/bs.jpg

Only a true athlete could run and run and run all camp long like Casey did.

http://blog.cleveland.com/browns_impact/2008/08/hamptonks.jpg

Jigawatts
11-19-2008, 02:46 PM

I think we ought to get a Legend of Gary Roberts theme going here for Harrison.

I'll start.

James Harrison goes to Burger King and orders a Big Mac... and he gets one.

RuthlessBurgher
11-19-2008, 03:13 PM

I'll start.

You were quick on the "Jig is Up" this week but late on this:

http://www.planetsteelers.com/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=3152

Jigawatts
11-19-2008, 03:17 PM

I'll start.

You were quick on the "Jig is Up" this week but late on this:

http://www.planetsteelers.com/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=3152

:oops: :oops:

To late, post them in The Legend of James Harrison thread anyway.

SteelerOfDeVille
11-19-2008, 03:57 PM
there have been better athletes... not many of them were the competitiors, though.

Deion Sanders, was a pretty phenominal athlete... so much so, that he was a baseball star, too... Same could be said of Bo Jackson.

rpmpit
11-19-2008, 04:11 PM
there have been better athletes... not many of them were the competitiors, though.

Deion Sanders, was a pretty phenominal athlete... so much so, that he was a baseball star, too... Same could be said of Bo Jackson.

Deville, I kinda meant players of today. Sanders and Jackson were freaks and two of the greatest athletes ever to play any sport. Totally agree with you on that.

SteelerOfDeVille
11-19-2008, 04:25 PM

Deville, I kinda meant players of today. Sanders and Jackson were freaks and two of the greatest athletes ever to play any sport. Totally agree with you on that.
Doh! MTBF (MultiTaskingBrainFart)

rpmpit
11-19-2008, 04:36 PM

Doh! MTBF (MultiTaskingBrainFart)

I'm the one who didn't include "today" in the title. Don't be so hard on yourself :D

AngryAsian
11-19-2008, 05:17 PM

ROFLMAO!!

anger 82&95
11-19-2008, 06:01 PM
Recognizing the attributes typically associated with “best athlete” status, e.g., jumping ability, speed, strength, quickness, closing speed, Troy P. gets my vote. He wasn’t born from the womb; he was produced at Cyberdyne Systems.