PDA

View Full Version : If I leave BA and the OL out of this post...

costanza2k1
11-17-2008, 12:21 AM
If we forget about his ass and the OL, it seems as if we've adjusted to the strengths and/or weaknesses of our team.

-We now have a short yardage game for passing to beat the blitz
-We're running the ball effectively and not abandoning the run
-We've magically figured out Russell can be a load and hard to stop 1 yard out
-We're throwing to the TE
-Putting together long drives
-Closing out the game
-Big Ben is crisp and showed why he's a leader

Will all of this combined with our Defensive team we're going to go deep in the playoffs and make a solid run to the SB. It is now ON!

:tt1

papillon
11-17-2008, 12:26 AM
If we forget about his bad word and the OL, it seems as if we've adjusted to the strengths and/or weaknesses of our team.

-Closing out the game

Will all of this combined with our Defensive team we're going to go deep in the playoffs and make a solid run to the SB. It is now ON!

That's all true, however, the Steelers are failing to put enough points on the board. It bodes well, but, this one should have been a laugher.

Pappy

pittpete
11-17-2008, 12:30 AM
Hate to be a party pooper but its 1 game.
We also didnt score a TD
Im sure BA will be back to 20 yard routes and FWP hammering up the middle for a yard soon. :HeadBanger :HeadBanger

costanza2k1
11-17-2008, 12:51 AM
True that it's only one game but this 1 game puts us 1 game above the Ravens. I have a feeling the points will come and we should start putting together some laughers soon. We're playing the Cheaters so that seems like a good time to me. I know there are a ton of things wrong with the team and figured I'd list out some positives that we have instead of the other stuff. I just have a feeling is all I'm saying I can't pin it on facts just a feeling...

Iron Shiek
11-17-2008, 12:52 AM
If we forget about his bad word and the OL, it seems as if we've adjusted to the strengths and/or weaknesses of our team.

-Closing out the game

Sorry cos, I'll pile on too. I think we've always been able to do those things, they just stuck most of them in the game plan to attack this defense. Chargers have been horrible at defending TE's all year. Steelers had to be aware of that and exploited that weakness. Also, since when do the Steelers purposely throw over forty times. They came in with the mindset of using the short passing game against these slow non covering LB's. So it was great to finally see the short passing game and use of TE's, but I think if they really wanted to , they could do it before. Just dumb coaches need to establish this crap.

costanza2k1
11-17-2008, 01:05 AM
Not disagreeing with anyone just wanted to post my full on Kool Aid thoughts. I realize we should be killing teams, BA sucks, C. Davis isn't all that, etc...but I'm happy with the direction we're going. I feel so much better than how I felt after the Eagles games...I'll stop while I'm ahead I guess.

:)

Go Steelers!

Djfan
11-17-2008, 01:12 AM
Actually we are two games up on the rat birds.

pittpete
11-17-2008, 01:19 AM
O, its amazing with all the injuries that we are still 7-3.
Can u imagine if we had a decent offense coordinator that was able to make adjustments; we could be 9-1 or 10-0.
I will say that we are a much better team with FWP in there.
If we make a few 3rd and 1's this year, its a whole different outcome.
Tomlin made a move by finding a short yardage guy in Russell.
Only took 10 games though :wft

SanAntonioSteelerFan
11-17-2008, 01:22 AM
Not disagreeing with anyone just wanted to post my full on Kool Aid thoughts. I realize we should be killing teams, BA sucks, C. Davis isn't all that, etc...but I'm happy with the direction we're going. I feel so much better than how I felt after the Eagles games...I'll stop while I'm ahead I guess.

:)

Go Steelers!

:Agree c2K, I really thought this game was something special. We played within ourselves, we did a lot of plays like short slants, roll outs ... it's like BA has been reading our board!

The best thing in my mind is that it seemed like Ben went through his progressions, instead of throwing all the time like he was Superman. It was a thing of beauty to see.

Oviedo
11-17-2008, 08:59 AM

-Closing out the game

Keep throwing to our TEs and we will continue to be successful. When Miller gets back it will be impossible for any defense to cover both Spaeth and Miller with LBs. If you want to see the running game kick it into high gear get LBs turning and chasing the TEs and then run draws with FWP in the space they create.

Ben will stay crisp as long as he focuses on short to mid range passes and quits looking for the big bomb that isn't there.

frankthetank1
11-17-2008, 09:18 AM
i agree it was a pi$$ poor win. i hope to god that the wheels arent begaining to fall off and that this season wont be a repeat of last where they fell apart at mid to late in the season. the penalities were just awful, and they dominated this game yet only won by one point. they are very very very far from sb caliber