PDA

View Full Version : Not that we need another advantage against Cincy, but.......

Ozey74
11-16-2008, 10:13 PM
They are going to be tired!!! They played another 1/4 of a game today. Plus they have to travel.

:bungalssuck

Djfan
11-16-2008, 10:48 PM
And they suck.

ohblahitsme
11-16-2008, 10:49 PM

steelblood
11-16-2008, 10:50 PM
Yeah, that 4 hour bus ride is a real killer. The way our offense is playing/self-destructing, this could be a very close game.

AkronSteel
11-16-2008, 11:29 PM
I think the team will play well on Thursday. This team has every reason in the world to get up for this game. There are so many tiebreakers attached to this game. If they get the win and move to 8-3 and the Jets lose to the Titans....the Steelers will have what will amount to a 1.5 game lead for the second seed. I think the team will come ready to play and the Bengals will be in for a long night. This game tonight was a huge win for the Steelers....it wasn't pretty but championship caliber teams win these types of games.

Jooser
11-16-2008, 11:49 PM
Our offense has gotta improve ALOT before we start talking Championship. But, I'll take the win and be alot happier than I was at this time last Sunday night. :D

http://img217.imageshack.us/img217/1968/5883503240x180et3.jpg (http://imageshack.us)
Bring On The Kitties!

pittpete
11-17-2008, 12:33 AM
Perfect timing for a letdown game..
I pray not, but they better not take Cincy lightly

Iron Shiek
11-17-2008, 12:47 AM
Perfect timing for a letdown game..
I pray not, but they better not take Cincy lightly

Yo, pittpete is spot on. I know tomlin will say all the right things about not looking past this game, but they need to improve several areas from today until thurs if they are going to win. I know its "just the Bungles", but seriously bad execution at crucial points in drives, coaching and player wise.

Oviedo
11-17-2008, 09:03 AM
This is a classic "trap game" for us. We have an emotional last minute win against the Chargers and we have a short week to get ready for a Division rival. The Bumgals have nothing to lose and they played the Eagles very tough-better than we did.

If we look past this game to the Pats we will lose it. We need to keep our focus and pound these guys and then take 10 days off, but don't underestimate the Bumgals. This is their Super Bowl. Beating us in Pittsburgh would mean everything to them.

frankthetank1
11-17-2008, 09:14 AM
one thing is for sure their execution on offense has to be better. that was absolutely pathetic how many penalities they got hit up with. just awful. anytime you rack up 100 yards plus in penalities you almost always lose the game. thank god for the defense

rpmpit
11-17-2008, 09:45 AM
And they suck.

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

steeler_fan_in_t.o.
11-17-2008, 11:00 AM
No way can this be a letdown game.

A division rival that will be yapping all week leading up to the game, Steelers will not be looking ahead.

Iron Shiek
11-17-2008, 04:04 PM
I've had time to re-collect my thoughts and look at some stats. The Eagles basically kept the Bungles in the game the whole time. I really thought the Eagles were going to be the sneaky pick for that division's champ, but not the way they have been playing. Their coaching is horrible. Some seriously bad decisions.

But anyway, back to the Bungles. I heard Housh in an interview say that at one point so many linemen were hurt that it was ridiculous and that at one point in OT he though he was going to have to lineup on OL. Obviously he is over-exaggerating, but that is very good news for us as they may not get healed up in this short week. If the Eagles got 8 sacks...are we in line to break some kind of record?

And if Fitzpatrick is playing, I have no worries about this game. We've got film on him so no surprises there. We will roll em...

RuthlessBurgher
11-17-2008, 10:03 PM
I've had time to re-collect my thoughts and look at some stats. The Eagles basically kept the Bungles in the game the whole time. I really thought the Eagles were going to be the sneaky pick for that division's champ, but not the way they have been playing. Their coaching is horrible. Some seriously bad decisions.

But anyway, back to the Bungles. I heard Housh in an interview say that at one point so many linemen were hurt that it was ridiculous and that at one point in OT he though he was going to have to lineup on OL. Obviously he is over-exaggerating, but that is very good news for us as they may not get healed up in this short week. If the Eagles got 8 sacks...are we in line to break some kind of record?

And if Fitzpatrick is playing, I have no worries about this game. We've got film on him so no surprises there. We will roll em...

Speaking injuries, at the Steeler game yesterday, they honored the High School football coach of the week. They do this at every Steeler home game during the H.S. football season, and typically, this goes to the coaches who have very successful teams (duh). Well, yesterday, they honored a coach whose team did not win a game all season. They only had 19 guys come out for football this season, and late in the season, had only 11 healthy guys left (therefore, everyone had to play ironman football on every play...offense, defense, special teams...every snap). When one of those 11 guys got hurt, instead of forfeiting because they didn't have enough guys to play, a cheerleader actually suited up and played the rest of the game. Cool stuff.

Anyway, back to the topic...for whatever reason, the Bengals seem to play better when traveling to Heinz for whatever reason. We tend to spank them at their place but tend to get in more dogfights at our place (or, I guess, catfights, since they are kitties after all). Our guys just have to focus and take care of business. Tomlin will make sure they understand the importance of winning division games above all else, even if the opponent happens to be 1-8-1.

Jigawatts
11-17-2008, 10:07 PM
Speaking of the Bungles sucking, whatever happened to Jom? :moon

RuthlessBurgher
11-17-2008, 10:09 PM

After yesterday's tie, he's been having a prolonged make-out session with his sister.

Ozey74
11-17-2008, 10:12 PM

After yesterday's tie, he's been having a prolonged make-out session with his sister.

:Clap

Your in the zone this evening!

Jigawatts
11-17-2008, 10:19 PM

That's wrong dude. :lol:

RuthlessBurgher
11-18-2008, 02:07 AM

That's wrong dude. :lol:

We had to take the proverbial "a tie is like kissing your sister" and kick it up a notch, because, after all it is Bengals week (or Bengals half-week, I suppose).

rpmpit
11-18-2008, 09:03 AM

Is she hot?? :? :oops:

:lol: :lol: :lol:

Iron Shiek
11-18-2008, 09:13 AM

Can she play center?

rpmpit
11-18-2008, 09:14 AM

Can she play center?

http://i275.photobucket.com/albums/jj298/markrg8/hotfootballgirl.jpg

Iron Shiek
11-18-2008, 09:20 AM

Can she play center?

I call all-time QB!

rpmpit
11-18-2008, 09:29 AM
[quote=RuthlessBurgher]

Can she play center?

I call all-time QB![/quote:8uzemtq7]

And I would suggest eliminating the shotgun :lol:

Iron Shiek
11-18-2008, 09:55 AM
I'd be flagged for delay of game EVERY PLAY! :Boobs

stlrz d
11-18-2008, 03:03 PM
I'd be flagged for delay of game EVERY PLAY! :Boobs

Don't kid yourself. :lol:

Djfan
11-18-2008, 03:06 PM
[quote="Iron Shiek":3q6c0md8]I'd be flagged for delay of game EVERY PLAY! :Boobs

Don't kid yourself. :lol:[/quote:3q6c0md8]

Yeah, it's an age thing. At this point I could call "hike" by 35 seconds.

stlrz d
11-18-2008, 03:16 PM
[quote="Iron Shiek":256cyv9f]I'd be flagged for delay of game EVERY PLAY! :Boobs

Yeah, it's an age thing. At this point I could call "hike" by 35 seconds.[/quote:256cyv9f]

Does it really matter? :P

Djfan
11-18-2008, 03:40 PM
[quote="stlrz d":2lskgwg7][quote="Iron Shiek":2lskgwg7]I'd be flagged for delay of game EVERY PLAY! :Boobs

Yeah, it's an age thing. At this point I could call "hike" by 35 seconds.[/quote:2lskgwg7]

Does it really matter? :P[/quote:2lskgwg7]

Not at this point. I would rather be out hunting any day.