PDA

View Full Version : Troy Polamalu...

SteelTorch
11-16-2008, 09:31 PM
I just saw the highlight of his crazy one-handed INT. That was absolutely SICK. I saw it and I was like, "Holy sh**! How did he get that?"

I hope he makes it to the Pro Bowl this season. He deserves it, probably for the first time since 05. :wink: :tt2

stlrz d
11-16-2008, 09:35 PM
One of the best picks ever. I mean in the history of the NFL...simply amazing catch!

pittpete
11-16-2008, 09:41 PM
He is a freak of nature.

stlrz d
11-16-2008, 09:43 PM
Think of some of the plays he's made this year...was it against the Browns when he tackled the guy with his arms behind his back...reaching backwards behind him and grabbing the guy?

:wft

It is so cool that a guy from my favorite college is an absolute terror on my favorite NFL team!

SteelTorch
11-16-2008, 09:47 PM
Think of some of the plays he's made this year...was it against the Browns when he tackled the guy with his arms behind his back...reaching backwards behind him and grabbing the guy?

It is so cool that a guy from my favorite college is an absolute terror on my favorite NFL team!
I think that was the Eagles game. And I still haven't seen that tackle. :cry:

stlrz d
11-16-2008, 09:53 PM

I think that was the Eagles game. And I still haven't seen that tackle. :cry:

Oh I think you're right...it was un freakin believable!

Ozey74
11-16-2008, 10:07 PM
Polamalu just made sure that he has plans the 2nd week of Febuary after todays game!!

:tt2

BURGH86STEEL
11-16-2008, 10:39 PM
Was a great play. Troy is a lock for the pro bowl. There is not a better SS in the game today. His play cannot always be measure in stats.

Djfan
11-16-2008, 10:42 PM
We all couldn't believe our eyes. Not the first time with him, though.

MeetJoeGreene
11-16-2008, 10:46 PM
I still can't believe it. And he got screwed out of a TD at the end.

ohblahitsme
11-16-2008, 10:51 PM
Yeah that was an epic play. I also saw a highlight of the last play and damn, he like flew in front of the Chargers player and made the ball hit the ground. Then picked it up. Then ran for about 5 yards with a Charger oh his back.

Amazing.

SanAntonioSteelerFan
11-17-2008, 01:26 AM

WHAT!!!

I saw him run it in, and then had to leave, but I thought he got that TD. How'd they take it away?

Djfan
11-17-2008, 01:29 AM

WHAT!!!

I saw him run it in, and then had to leave, but I thought he got that TD. How'd they take it away?

Officials said that the Chargers had a forward pass on one of those laterals, thus killing the play - dead ball.

Iron Shiek
11-17-2008, 01:30 AM
read the other threads SASF. We got hosed by the refs basically...

T Pizzle is my favorite player. He's just a madman out there. So many big stops on LT today and just generally being in the right spots almost all the time. Pick was awesome.

The back tackle has to be defensive play of the year.

frankthetank1
11-17-2008, 08:24 AM
that int reminded me of the one he had in the eagles game. he is amazing. im so happy he came back this season and is tearing it up. that last play was bs, there was no forward pass

stlrz d
11-17-2008, 08:50 AM
I have a man crush on Troy.

nttawwt.

:oops:

rpmpit
11-17-2008, 09:39 AM
This is Troy just being Troy. He hasn't been 100% since before SBXL. This year he's finally healthy. That int was incredible. Just incredible.

RussBII
11-17-2008, 09:42 AM
It's really really good to have him back. It's also important to have Clark back there with him, as it let's Troy be Troy.

I wish we had kept Chris Hope...They'd be devastating back there.

frankthetank1
11-17-2008, 09:43 AM
It's really really good to have him back. It's also important to have Clark back there with him, as it let's Troy be Troy.

why chris hope? he is a ss and clark is a better fs than hope

RussBII
11-17-2008, 09:47 AM

Didn't Hope play FS next to Troy? He was just a hitting machine for at least one year next to Troy. I remember him as a pretty darned good FS.

Or am i just totally wrong and can blame this on beer and television?

frankthetank1
11-17-2008, 09:48 AM

Didn't Hope play FS next to Troy? He was just a hitting machine for at least one year next to Troy. I remember him as a pretty darned good FS.

Or am i just totally wrong and can blame this on beer and television?

yea hope played fs but he is really a ss. he was ok but not as good as clark has been imo. hope is awsome this season but he is playing ss so its a big difference

RussBII
11-17-2008, 09:53 AM
All right, fair enough.... Let me attack it from a different angle.

I wish we had that one big head hunter in the secondary now. Troy's an animal, but he rarely gets those "snot bubble" shots. And if he does, he probably hurt himself just as bad.

I'm just being picky, when B-Mac gets back, our secondary is going to be amazing.

frankthetank1
11-17-2008, 09:55 AM

I wish we had that one big head hunter in the secondary now. Troy's an animal, but he rarely gets those "snot bubble" shots. And if he does, he probably hurt himself just as bad.

I'm just being picky, when B-Mac gets back, our secondary is going to be amazing.

i wish anthony smith could actually play with some control because he could be that guy if he wasnt so stupid. he made a really stupid penalty yesterday, but you expect nothing less from him. i agree with bmac the secondary will be amazing. willie gay has played very well this season

papillon
11-17-2008, 10:44 AM
Was a great play. Troy is a lock for the pro bowl. There is not a better SS in the game today. His play cannot always be measure in stats.

Quoted for truth!

:Bow :Bow :Bow :Bow

Pappy

RussBII
11-17-2008, 11:10 AM

i wish anthony smith could actually play with some control because he could be that guy if he wasnt so stupid. he made a really stupid penalty yesterday, but you expect nothing less from him. i agree with bmac the secondary will be amazing. willie gay has played very well this season

Yeah, i really really wanted Anthony Smith to be that guy, but the kid is just a bone head. I don't understand it. Is he THAT stupid? or THAT undisciplined? That was a really stupid penalty yesterday.

steeler_fan_in_t.o.
11-17-2008, 11:22 AM

WHAT!!!

See it here: http://www.nfl.com/gamecenter?game_id=2 ... rride=true (http://www.nfl.com/gamecenter?game_id=29685&displayPage=tab_gamecenter&season=2008&week=REG11&override=true)

Watch the video - obviously it comes right at the end. :lol:

Iron Shiek
11-17-2008, 04:00 PM

LMAO @ Snot bubble shot.

Silverback must've blindsided this chick then:

http://tbn0.google.com/images?q=tbn:nqXJzGULAZEy4M:http://farm4.static.flickr.com/3092/2517683194_8893c51066.jpg