PDA

View Full Version : Anyone see this illegal forward pass?

pittpete
11-16-2008, 08:32 PM
Wow, this officiating crew was pretty bad today.

SteelTorch
11-16-2008, 08:33 PM
Wow, this officiating crew was pretty bad today.
Ya think? :lol:

ohblahitsme
11-16-2008, 08:35 PM
I don't think I've seen a more lopsided game. It was like 13 - 1.
On another note, I love your sig.

stlrz d
11-16-2008, 08:43 PM
No I didn't, but hey, we're on the right side of the only ever (to this point) 11-10 win! :P

Starlifter
11-16-2008, 08:46 PM
i'm not so sure. the PI on Ike to set up the TD was horsesh#t but I kinda thought the rest were well deserved. our offense was sloppy and undisciplined. we are unable to return a kick without a hold or block in the back. even the 2 on hines were not unreasonable.

we have a lot to fix on this offense. they better not take cincy lightly......

Mel Blount's G
11-16-2008, 08:49 PM
i'm not so sure. the PI on Ike to set up the TD was horsesh#t but I kinda thought the rest were well deserved. our offense was sloppy and undisciplined. we are unable to return a kick without a hold or block in the back. even the 2 on hines were not unreasonable..
Disagree. They called colon for not being lined up close enough to the line and the replayed seemed to reveal to me that he was close enough. And I could be mistaken but I thought there was 3 on hines...

They also missed several illegal hands to the face as well as blatant holds against silverback

stlrz d
11-16-2008, 08:50 PM
I said in the game chat (you guys should try it Thursday night since Rick won't be around) that our guys should be running 2 gassers for every flag.

For those who don't know what a gasser is, players line up on one sideline, run to the other and touch the line, run back, touch the line, back again and touch the line and then come back to the original sideline. That's 4 times across the field without stopping...TWICE for each penalty! :evil:

Starlifter
11-16-2008, 08:55 PM
fair enough..........but i still think we have many leaks to fix with our offense. too many penalties is top of the list.

pittpete
11-16-2008, 08:57 PM
There were 3 on Hines and I believe all 3 were called correctly.
The Pass Int. was terrible as the flag should've been picked up for uncatchable pass.
Steelers were sloppy , but only 1 flag against SD on the road?
Cmon, Harrison was held every other play.
NFL is gunning for the Steelers even though our beloved Dan Rooney pushed for moron Goodell. Hopefully Dan makes a call this this POS soon and straighten this crap out..

anger 82&95
11-16-2008, 09:09 PM
The holding against the Steeler’s linebackers was blatant! I never realized that Brazilian Jujitsu was a legal form of blocking in the NFL. But, taking into account several panic attacks and pseudo- coronaries, I am pretty damn happy about the win.

costanza2k1
11-16-2008, 09:13 PM
The real question is what would they have done if they scored a TD the other way, would they have called it back? F*ck no! BS game on the ref side.

pittpete
11-16-2008, 09:28 PM
Brazilian Jujitsu :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

steelblood
11-16-2008, 10:47 PM
I'm usually one of the last people to complain about the refs. I actually think the Steelers have been quite fortunate the last 3-4 years with calls going there way a little more than they go against.

Also, I hate conspiracy theories. They are often feeble minded attempts to make sense of misfortune or unfavorable circumstances.

However, the fix may have been in on this game. I thought the holding calls on the Steelers were legitimate (though very ticky tacky). But, to miss every holding against the Chargers (if you are calling the ticky tacky stuff it must go both ways) and three obvious and prolonged hands to the face penalties on Silverback that directly affected plays was delporable. Finally, to erase 6 meaningless points at the end of a game was extremely suspect at best.

Jigawatts
11-16-2008, 10:52 PM
Finally, to erase 6 meaningless points at the end of a game was extremely suspect at best.

Bingo. I said the exact same thing. Either they stole a touchdown from Troy to make
it the first 11-10 game in NFL history or they stole a touchdown from Troy for "other"
reasons.

Just saw the replay and there's no way that was a forward pass. :roll:

Mel Blount's G
11-16-2008, 11:19 PM
NFL ref admitted they made the right call but made the wrong decision to take the points away
http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/recap?gameId=281116023

The first such score in 12,837 NFL games was in jeopardy when Troy Polamalu returned an errant lateral 12 yards for an apparent touchdown on the final play. The play was overturned on review -- it was called an illegal forward pass -- and the 11-10 final was restored.
After the game, referee Scott Green said the officials realized afterward the touchdown should have counted, though it wouldn't have affected the result.

Jooser
11-16-2008, 11:25 PM
I definitely gotta complain about the no-call holds on our OLB, especially on Silverback. I saw him get taken down the ground by his facemask on one play. I really don't know what to think. 12 pens. for 115 yrds. 1 for 5 on SD. Poor.

birtikidis
11-16-2008, 11:52 PM
http://scores.espn.go.com/nfl/recap?gameId=281116023
about half way down you can see where the ref admits the mistake after the game.

Iron Shiek
11-17-2008, 01:05 AM
I'm usually one of the last people to complain about the refs. I actually think the Steelers have been quite fortunate the last 3-4 years with calls going there way a little more than they go against.

Also, I hate conspiracy theories. They are often feeble minded attempts to make sense of misfortune or unfavorable circumstances.

However, the fix may have been in on this game. I thought the holding calls on the Steelers were legitimate (though very ticky tacky). But, to miss every holding against the Chargers (if you are calling the ticky tacky stuff it must go both ways) and three obvious and prolonged hands to the face penalties on Silverback that directly affected plays was delporable. Finally, to erase 6 meaningless points at the end of a game was extremely suspect at best.

Yeah....what he said! :Agree

Unquestionably questionable.

The spread was 3 or 3.5 Steelers favored. They don't cover spread with TD being taken away. League admits points should've counted, but they can't go back and change the score. All the people that bet on Steelers cover just got hosed. BS.

Get some real refs.

frankthetank1
11-17-2008, 09:33 AM
there were a ton of holding calls that were never called especially on harrison, but that happens every week now. the pi call on ike was bs and that call on colon for being lined up to far off the los was bs as well. there was one flag they picked up. the db just reached out and grabbed holmes as he ran right past him. that is a penalty regardless if the qb is in the pocket or not. other than that i cant think of too many calls that were bad. tomlin better have them running all day long on tuesday for that performance.

steeler_fan_in_t.o.
11-17-2008, 10:52 AM
there were a ton of holding calls that were never called especially on harrison, but that happens every week now. the pi call on ike was bs and that call on colon for being lined up to far off the los was bs as well. there was one flag they picked up. the db just reached out and grabbed holmes as he ran right past him. that is a penalty regardless if the qb is in the pocket or not. other than that i cant think of too many calls that were bad. tomlin better have them running all day long on tuesday for that performance.

Funny thing about the flag picked up is that they showed the infraction, then they showed Ben out of the pocket, but they never showed them together in real time. It isn't like Ben took the snap and rolled out. He was in the pocket for a bit before moving out. I was watching and thinking that I'll bet he was grabbed before Ben flushed left.