PDA

View Full Version : Whiz...

Jooser
11-16-2008, 08:25 PM
Arizona has the same record as we do. They also have the highest scoring Offense in the NFL. Just some food for thought as we continue to search for answers in our offense. :stirpot

Steel Life
11-16-2008, 08:31 PM
Arizona has the same record as we do. They also have the highest scoring Offense in the NFL. Just some food for thought as we continue to search for answers in our offense. :stirpot
They play in the NFC West...their 1st-round QB isn't playing...& their best player wants out. It's not everything you make to be...

Starlifter
11-16-2008, 08:49 PM
kurt warner had one magical season. other than that he has been nothing but a stat monster. if you need to rely on him in the playoffs things are gonna get dicey.....

SteelTorch
11-16-2008, 09:15 PM
Just FYI, Whiz left on his own. He didn't want to coach here.

And the REAL reason behind their success is Kurt Warner, not Whiz. He and Chad Pennington are the two most underrated QB's in the NFL.

stlrz d
11-16-2008, 09:16 PM
The only way I would want Whiz right now is because he could can Arians and take over play calling. :P

Ozey74
11-16-2008, 10:19 PM
Zona is overrated & carry the label of the "darlings" of the NFC.

They play in a soft division! They should of got beat on Monday night against against SF. They will struggle against better competition as the season goes on. I would like to see them pull an upset or 2, but I don't think it will happen......

steelblood
11-16-2008, 10:56 PM

And the REAL reason behind their success is Kurt Warner, not Whiz. He and Chad Pennington are the two most underrated QB's in the NFL.

He didn't take another job until the writing was on the wall. In fact, he turned down one offer when he thought he'd still get the Pittsburgh job. If we would have shown interest, he would have waited to make a decision.

SteelTorch
11-16-2008, 10:59 PM

He didn't take another job until the writing was on the wall. In fact, he turned down one offer when he thought he'd still get the Pittsburgh job. If we would have shown interest, he would have waited to make a decision.
Tomlin was hired well after Whiz had left. There was no "writing on the wall." The man just bailed.

Chadman
11-16-2008, 11:06 PM
Who cares?

Tomlin's HC, Whiz is in the desert & is yeterday's newspaper as far as Chadman is concerned.

Besides, Tomlin has done his job with half a team.

Jooser
11-16-2008, 11:37 PM
Well, noone has made this point yet, so I guess I will. While Whiz commands the highest scoring O in the league, Tomlin commands the best defense in the league. So, I guess that's my point. I don't necessarily want Whiz as HC, but which one do you prefer, offense or defense. I personally love the defense, I just wish we'd 'wisen' up on offense. We had a great defense under Cowher for years before our offense caught up. It all came together with Whiz on staff when we took XL. So, I gotta give him some credit. And yes blood, he left after it was pretty well known that Rooney intended to bring in someone new.

kennyes
11-17-2008, 03:50 AM
The only way I would want Whiz right now is because he could can Arians and take over play calling. :P

TRUE DAT!

kennyes
11-17-2008, 03:55 AM
Who cares?

Tomlin's HC, Whiz is in the desert & is yeterday's newspaper as far as Chadman is concerned.

Besides, Tomlin has done his job with half a team.

TRUE DAT 2!

OK, I'll quit with the ubonics 101 lesson plan...