PDA

View Full Version : Another Arians Thread

Chemsteel
11-14-2008, 03:37 PM
Jim Wexall is a reporter that has special inside access for the Steelers.

http://pit.scout.com/2/811650.html

I have made my feeling known for several years concerning the offensive line and strategy. It appears Mr. Wexall, etal are listening to old Chem.

Coaches Tomlin, Arians, Zierlein, Wilson and the Front Office have developed this philosophy and must live with it. They must now do the best with what they got. There are several concerns I have going forward.

1. Why has there been minimal developement of depth on the OL?

2. Why is the offensive line forgetting all basics about blocking?

3. Why has Kirby Wilson bought into this philosophy? He knows better than any coach on the staff.

4. What is going to happen in 2009 and 2010 when the Steelers must make massive decisions concerning their roster and what will the offensive philosophy be?

5. Will the Steelers change their philosophy of drafting marginal college talent and FA's and try" coaching Them Up"? Do they realize an OL player must have athletic talent to pass block and must have the ability to learn? When Coach Grimm was responsible for the OL all men knew the basics.

I think I will draft a document and send it to the above mentioned coaches. It will contain just the basics of blocking with some suggestions on line calls and wording.

RKSteel
11-14-2008, 05:12 PM
#2 Watch for stunts by the Chargers Dline. The Oline cannot block these moves and it usually been leaving a RB to pickup the Dlineman coming free. Eight weeks into the season and the Offensive coaches don't have an answer for this. :roll:

pittpete
11-16-2008, 01:40 PM
Tomlin realizes what a soft offense, a soft identity, heck, a crippled quarterback, would do to his job security. So should Bruce Arians

buckeyehoppy
11-16-2008, 03:24 PM
Tomlin realizes what a soft offense, a soft identity, heck, a crippled quarterback, would do to his job security. So should Bruce Arians

Yeah! No $hit!

Well, the Steelers do have a FB...but when the FB is Carey "My Jock Strap" Davis, why would an opposing D even prepare for that?

So, BA bought into Ben's philosophy (at least, that's the way it sounds). I thought it was supposed to be the other way around.

I guess that's what happens when the OC doesn't know :wft he is doing.

Mel Blount's G
11-16-2008, 07:15 PM
http://www.limitedknowledge.com/shopped/firebrucearians.png

ohblahitsme
11-16-2008, 08:42 PM
I have an idea, let's use Ben as our fullback!

pittpete
11-16-2008, 09:10 PM
Carey Davis is a pathetic excuse for a FB.
Maybe thats why Brucey loves the single back set so much.

stlrz d
11-16-2008, 09:18 PM
I have an idea, let's use Ben as our fullback!

Hey everyone...be sure to welcome football_u_bet (among other names) to the Planet.