PDA

View Full Version : Richard Seymour vs Ferguson/Faneca

papillon
11-14-2008, 11:16 AM
It appeared that Seymour was having his way with Ferguson and Faneca last night. I didn't get to see the whole game, but, in the first half on a couple pass plays Seymour was able to split, both, Ferguson and Faneca to apply pressure or get a sack on Favre. On one play he simlpy ran Faneca over like a frickin speed bump.

This doesn't bode well for the combination of Starks/Kemo.

Pappy

RuthlessBurgher
11-14-2008, 11:31 AM
When healthy, Seymour is a beast. Beasts tend to have their way with Starks and Kemo.

Oviedo
11-14-2008, 11:50 AM
When healthy, Seymour is a beast. Beasts tend to have their way with Starks and Kemo.

...and obviously the late great Alan Faneca too. The reality is that Seymour has his way with probably every Guard in the NFL, but given that his team has still lost 4 games. Starks/Kemo will do no worse than any other combo and the key is to make sure that the scheme does not allow Seymour to be a factor. The Jets actually IMO did that.

papillon
11-14-2008, 11:59 AM
My fear is that he will effectively eliminate the left side of the field from the Steelers, due to Max's limitations. Kemo being a bit of mauler may be able to get him blocked on some running plays, but, I doubt he will do it consistently.

I fear for Ben's life when he drops back to pass. They'll need to max protect his blind side on every drop back, IMO.

Pappy

steelblood
11-14-2008, 01:48 PM
If (and this is a big if) Starks and Kemo can keep their balance, they both anchor much better against someone of Seymour's strength than finesse lineman like Faneca and Ferguson.