PDA

View Full Version : Chargers @ Steelers Prediction Thread

stlrz d
11-13-2008, 09:29 AM
Steelers - 23
Chargers - 17

Our secondary will be tested but so will theirs. The D will contain LT. Ben is practicing and it looks as if we'll also be getting FWP and Woodley back. We'll see the same quick-hitting, short passing game plan as with the Colts, but we'll also connect deep, opening things up for FWP. No picks for Ben this week...and no need for the hail mary. The score is closer than the game as the Chargers get a TD late.

Iron Shiek
11-13-2008, 09:32 AM
Chargers 21
Steelers 27

Okay...our D or ST are scoring a td this week. Ben will be throwing all over the place but with same mediocre results...I expect the INT's to be cut and him to have a sound game...just not 300 yards or anything. Parker/Moore get loose as well.

RuthlessBurgher
11-13-2008, 10:23 AM
After last week's performance, the team comes out angry. Defense dominates. The return of Woodley gives us another 4 sack game for our 2 OLB's alone. The passing game opens up somewhat against the worst pass D in the league statistically. Willie looks good in his return.

20-9 Steelers.

Steeler Expat
11-13-2008, 12:21 PM
Chargers 13
Steelers 24

Ben throws 1 TD to Moore, 1 to Ward and we score a TD on Defense. Willie also looks good but falls just short of 100 as we rest in him the 4th.

RussBII
11-13-2008, 12:29 PM
Steelers: 35
Chargers: 17

Defense gets one Pick 6
BB throws 2 and various RBs get 2

Jigawatts
11-13-2008, 02:23 PM
Chargers 21
Steelers 27

Okay...our D or ST are scoring a td this week.

I definitly see our special teams scoring some points... on 2 field goals and 3 extra points. :lol:

27-20 Steelers win a sloppy game.

Iron Shiek
11-13-2008, 02:33 PM
Chargers 21
Steelers 27

I definitly see our special teams scoring some points... on 2 field goals and 3 extra points. :lol:

Stonio is gonna break a punt return...bank it!

Jigawatts
11-13-2008, 02:40 PM
[quote="Iron Shiek":185qiu1e]Chargers 21
Steelers 27

Stonio is gonna break a punt return...bank it![/quote:185qiu1e]

I hope so, because we have absolutely zero chance of returning one on a kickoff.

RuthlessBurgher
11-13-2008, 03:32 PM
[quote="Iron Shiek":13ylmhii]Chargers 21
Steelers 27

Stonio is gonna break a punt return...bank it!

I hope so, because we have absolutely zero chance of returning one on a kickoff.[/quote:13ylmhii]

Gary Russell is gonna break a kick return...bank it! :Hater :P

RKSteel
11-13-2008, 03:33 PM
Steelers win, 31-14. Chargers score on opening drive. Steelers answer with an 8min drive, w/ FWP scoring from 4yds out behind Stalpeton, pulling from his RG spot. Defense plays lights out into the 4th qtr, recording 5 sacks, 2 FF and 1 INT. Offense controls the ball for 40 min and backups on D give up a late TD.

Jigawatts
11-13-2008, 04:10 PM

Well, I do "Have faith in the Steelers" so I guess anything can happen.

Is there some kind of cheat that we can use which rumbles the Heinz Field turf
and stuns just the Chargers players long enough for Russell to return it? :lol:

papillon
11-13-2008, 04:43 PM
Okay, here's the wet blanket... :(

Chargers - 27
Steelers - 17

Too many injuries to overcome, FWP won't be 100%, Woodley will be slowed by the calf injury, McFadden and Townsend out and the Chargers unfiortunately, have a good offense.

If, and it's a big if, Ben can play w/o turning the ball over the Steelers may have shot late to win. I just dont' see Ben going through the game w/o a turnover, he's not a confident quarterback right now.

Pappy

RuthlessBurgher
11-13-2008, 05:13 PM

I'll try jumping up and down from my upper deck bleacher seat whenever they are kicking to us to see if that manages to rumble the turf enough (I have gained a few pounds, so you never know). What we really need, though, is you and your 350+ pounds of pure womanhood to join in. :P

Iron Shiek
11-13-2008, 05:31 PM

I'll try jumping up and down from my upper deck bleacher seat whenever they are kicking to us to see if that manages to rumble the turf enough (I have gained a few pounds, so you never know). What we really need, though, is you and your 350+ pounds of pure womanhood to join in. :P

I think she was pushin closer to 5 bills dog.

Jigawatts
11-13-2008, 05:45 PM

Not until Thursday. :tt2

AkronSteel
11-13-2008, 11:26 PM
Okay, here's the wet blanket... :(

Chargers - 27
Steelers - 17

Too many injuries to overcome, FWP won't be 100%, Woodley will be slowed by the calf injury, McFadden and Townsend out and the Chargers unfiortunately, have a good offense.

If, and it's a big if, Ben can play w/o turning the ball over the Steelers may have shot late to win. I just dont' see Ben going through the game w/o a turnover, he's not a confident quarterback right now.

Pappy

Man.....you're bumming me out, just because I could see it happening. I was devastated by the loss last week. It reminded me of all those bad losses last year to teams that we had no business losing to. I didn't see it coming at all. I could see us losing this week also....not that I want it to happen but I can just see it.

Chargers 23
Steelers 21

Last second FG!!! Man.....I hope that I am wrong!

Discipline of Steel
11-14-2008, 08:53 PM
I appreciate the honest opinions, but I just cant pick against my Steelers. It is a rule in our family's yahoo pick'em league. With that, I predict the Steelers will win this game! FWP and MM combine for under 100 yards and BB turns it over 2 more times. Despite our offensive difficulties, the defense will carry the day in this one. Look for an ugly, low scoring game where Nate comes up with the game winning TD reception over 48 yards.

Pitt 17
SD 13

buckeyehoppy
11-16-2008, 01:28 PM
I appreciate the honest opinions, but I just cant pick against my Steelers. It is a rule in our family's yahoo pick'em league. With that, I predict the Steelers will win this game! FWP and MM combine for under 100 yards and BB turns it over 2 more times. Despite our offensive difficulties, the defense will carry the day in this one. Look for an ugly, low scoring game where Nate comes up with the game winning TD reception over 48 yards.

Pitt 17
SD 13

This is close enough to the score I was going to post that I will quote DOS score instead.

This will have to be the score if the Steelers expect to win. If the Chargers get them in a track meet, it could be a disaster for the Steelers. The D will have to absolutely stone the Thunder Dolts if they expect to win.

costanza2k1
11-16-2008, 03:13 PM
Prediction---Pain!

http://static.flickr.com/122/272235490_ea99970576.jpg